Evangelion Manga: Final Volume out February 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:What will get released first? 3.33 or Vol 14
:impatient:
Place yur bets!

Final will be released in Japan before either gets released in the USA.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Wait I am lost now, so the normal English edition of the Manga is still being released in February, what about the Limited English version, the one that has the extra 28 pages, or do they both?
:scanners_head:
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Limited Edition is a Japanese only thing, just like it was for Volume 13. No word yet (as far as I know) if that Extra Stage (from Limited Edition) will be included or not.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:40 pm

It seems clear to me that all versions of the book itself are the same, and that the limited edition has the external extras, like the CD and the extra art book, and the bookends for the collection. Why would they go to the additional trouble of printing and binding two different books? And we already know that the foreign versions so far seen have the extra stage, so why would one be different?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm honestly confused/surprised that different countries are including the Extra Stage while ignoring all the other Limited Edition extras, myself.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Because the additional stage is simply part of the book - it's not an extra. The extras for the LE are physically separate items making up the package.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Huh. I was under the impression it was a separate, physical, release since that's how it's being released in other countries.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:24 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Because the additional stage is simply part of the book - it's not an extra. The extras for the LE are physically separate items making up the package.

That clears it up, so I will still get the extra 28 pages in February.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:33 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Huh. I was under the impression it was a separate, physical, release since that's how it's being released in other countries.

The Italian scans someone linked show it clearly as the last part of the volume.

Given the usual time for airmail deliveries from CDJapan, I'm expecting my copy of the LE on Wednesday next week, give or take (I've had the shipping notification).

garfy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Finally in my hands, the argentine edition :D

CDJapan shipped my order of 2 limited editions still on the 19th, I had it sent to a friend in Japan and he received them on the 20th's morning. Now they are on their way to me, but for the time being, I can complete my local edition collection
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://i.imgur.com/OoFQ4ck.jpg]Image[/URL]

Please SPOILER TAG Extra Stage contents!
No signature

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Please SPOILER TAG the Extra Stage contents like here http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16414/SPOILER-TAGS-Last-Eva-Manga-Volume-Features-New-Character/

It's not released everywhere yet so some folks are staying spoiler-free til then (it won't be released in the States until February, for instance). Thank you!

garfy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

ups, sorry. it was the first page, thou. still, spoiler tags until February? what about great britain, when does it get released there?
No signature

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Same, not like UK is going to get it before US, lol.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 pm

That would seem obvious; but Amazon.co.uk hasn't noticed yet, and is still promising me my copy on 4 Dec...

garfy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:11 pm

View Original Postvito wrote:Same, not like UK is going to get it before US, lol.
Aren't they printing in different places? I just looked amazon UK and it says dec 4, on amazon US it says feb 10. I find it hard to believe that the states, the world's power, and viz, a giant compared with other countries's publishers, can't make it in time as arranged with the Japanese. Embarrassment.

i just noticed how many "double page" pages this volume has, and it certainly doesn't go along with the book bindings :uhh:
Last edited by garfy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm

My UK-purchased vol 13 is printed in the US.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 pm

I have a question to anyone who has received their copy of the LE (mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow): Are there any tracks on there that are recognizable? I'm sure there is music from Japanese artists, but I'm curious if there is any music from the West on the CD.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The idea of some English-only extras is appealing; but given how books are made in pretty standardised numbers of pages, it might be rather hard to bring about.

That seems the wrong way round, logically.

Yes, you're right, anyway i think split edition covers all over the world (Shinji 27, group 28) are decided and imposed by kadokawa itself, not by foreign publishers.

marumaruko
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby marumaruko » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I have a question to anyone who has received their copy of the LE (mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow): Are there any tracks on there that are recognizable? I'm sure there is music from Japanese artists, but I'm curious if there is any music from the West on the CD.

I bought it here in Japan yesterday.
The CD includes 4 Japanese tracks by 古畑ミケ, vocals on two of those tracks are by IA. Knowing relatively much about the Japanese music scene I don't know those artists at all. The music is fairly underwhelming, too. The artbook contains some nice scans.
I bought this limited edition only to get the comic book rack as I knew what to expect from the rest.

As for the extra chapter it is a pretty neat one. Contains a lot of interesting stuff, and things a lot of people suspected to have happened already.
I'm still very sad that the manga is over now. I always cared much more for the manga than anime or the anime films..
ヒーロー見参~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:10 am

Things for posting! :) Sadamoto's artwork sure is pretty. Sucks to hear the Working CD is underwhelming. If you'd like to discuss the Extra Stage, feel free to jump into the discussion here: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16414/SPOILER-TAGS-Last-Eva-Manga-Volume-Features-New-Character/

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”