What characters should be expanded upon?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue May 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:~The final scene will be a show-stopping number of Shinji, Asuka and Rei, plugsuit clad, doing a butt-wiggle dance as Shinji bursts into song: "Always look on the Bright Side of Life!"*

*Cue humerous pic from THAT BOARD*

OT: I think that image was originally from a doujin called Mantou .27 (or something), it was one of the last extra pages of drawings. Pretty funny picture nevertheless./OT

Another thing that I was thinking about, I think that instrumentality will probably be portrayed onscreen differently than in both EoTV and EoE. Not sure how, but it would kinda be boring to get a rehash of something we've already seen.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Or maybe it'll just be improved upon?
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue May 08, 2007 7:45 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:Or maybe it'll just be improved upon?

Possibly, but that's subjective.

What I mean is, I hope we don't get a lot of flashing images, weird noise, and relatively opaque imagery (EoE) or an in-depth analysis of all the characters in a theatre (EoTV). I'm not saying that neither of those were good, just saying there's no need to portray instrumentality the same as before, SOMETHING NEW IS FINE TOO.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 pm

Of course.

I wonder how Anno will take care of this... maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!

I doubt it. Notice how, in the Webuild poster of the children, Shinji is positioned in the very center. And the two character quotes provided are from him and Misato -- the two central protagonists (according to Anno) of the original show.

Rei is apparently going to get more attention, but she's not going to be center stage.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Reichu wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!

I doubt it. Notice how, in the Webuild poster of the children, Shinji is positioned in the very center. And the two character quotes provided are from him and Misato -- the two central protagonists (according to Anno) of the original show.

Rei is apparently going to get more attention, but she's not going to be center stage.

I meant during 3I, but I did forget about the poster... thanks for bring it up. :)
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emotionless-drifter
Embryo

craptastic

•      
  •      

Postby emotionless-drifter » Wed May 16, 2007 2:01 am

id like to learn more about Rei to an extent of how she really became exactly how she was (well i laready know) but i want a more in depth view.
caring is creepy................

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”