What characters should be expanded upon?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue May 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:~The final scene will be a show-stopping number of Shinji, Asuka and Rei, plugsuit clad, doing a butt-wiggle dance as Shinji bursts into song: "Always look on the Bright Side of Life!"*

*Cue humerous pic from THAT BOARD*

OT: I think that image was originally from a doujin called Mantou .27 (or something), it was one of the last extra pages of drawings. Pretty funny picture nevertheless./OT

Another thing that I was thinking about, I think that instrumentality will probably be portrayed onscreen differently than in both EoTV and EoE. Not sure how, but it would kinda be boring to get a rehash of something we've already seen.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Or maybe it'll just be improved upon?
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue May 08, 2007 7:45 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:Or maybe it'll just be improved upon?

Possibly, but that's subjective.

What I mean is, I hope we don't get a lot of flashing images, weird noise, and relatively opaque imagery (EoE) or an in-depth analysis of all the characters in a theatre (EoTV). I'm not saying that neither of those were good, just saying there's no need to portray instrumentality the same as before, SOMETHING NEW IS FINE TOO.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 pm

Of course.

I wonder how Anno will take care of this... maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!

I doubt it. Notice how, in the Webuild poster of the children, Shinji is positioned in the very center. And the two character quotes provided are from him and Misato -- the two central protagonists (according to Anno) of the original show.

Rei is apparently going to get more attention, but she's not going to be center stage.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Reichu wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:maybe It'll be in Rei's perspective instead of Shinji's? Bah, I WANT REBUILD!

I doubt it. Notice how, in the Webuild poster of the children, Shinji is positioned in the very center. And the two character quotes provided are from him and Misato -- the two central protagonists (according to Anno) of the original show.

Rei is apparently going to get more attention, but she's not going to be center stage.

I meant during 3I, but I did forget about the poster... thanks for bring it up. :)
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emotionless-drifter
Embryo

craptastic

•      
  •      

Postby emotionless-drifter » Wed May 16, 2007 2:01 am

id like to learn more about Rei to an extent of how she really became exactly how she was (well i laready know) but i want a more in depth view.
caring is creepy................

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”