Which angels do you want to see?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat May 12, 2007 10:29 am

And Shamshel had a huge fucking crack in it's core. What's your point? S2 organs aren't in the core, that where the soul lives.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat May 12, 2007 11:29 am

New or redesigned Angels plz. Especially the cancelled "Iblis" and (preferably) "Baraqijal".

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 12, 2007 12:46 pm

cat42 wrote:And Shamshel had a huge fucking crack in it's core. What's your point? S2 organs aren't in the core, that where the soul lives.

Where were you every time this claim has been made and swiftly debunked?

Szmitten wrote:New or redesigned Angels plz. Especially the cancelled "Iblis" and (preferably) "Baraqijal".

They're so derivative.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:32 pm

Reichu wrote:Where were you every time this claim has been made and swiftly debunked?

Usually in my room watching anime, or messing around on my computer.
:-p
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun May 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Reichu wrote:
cat42 wrote:And Shamshel had a huge fucking crack in it's core. What's your point? S2 organs aren't in the core, that where the soul lives.

Where were you every time this claim has been made and swiftly debunked?

the crack was in the s2 organ right?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun May 13, 2007 5:53 pm

May we see more of the eleventeenth angel?

But seriously, needs moar Leliel.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:14 pm

CorporalChaos wrote:May we see more of the eleventeenth angel?

But seriously, needs moar Leliel.

More Adam and Lilith please.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Sun May 13, 2007 6:51 pm

If they use Baraqijal, they should do it as some sort of Salamander parody. Have it lodge itself between a couple of skyscrapers or something, then when the Evas neutralize its AT Field, they use their palette rifles to shoot out the connection points between the Angel and the buildings, causing it to fall to its doom, screaming "VAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......." as it falls. All set to a Shiro Sagisu orchestral arrangement of Posion of Snake, of course.

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Sun May 13, 2007 7:28 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:More Adam and Lilith please.

Boooooooooooooring.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Ayana-Me wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:More Adam and Lilith please.

Boooooooooooooring.

Why would it be boring?

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Sun May 13, 2007 7:49 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:Why would it be boring?

Because one is an embryo and the other is nailed to a cross in NERV's basement. Maybe an extended Second Impact scene with glowing Adam would be cool, but it seems that they wanted his appearance in that form to be brief. I'm certainly not trying to downplay their significance, I'm just not sure how much more they can do with them.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Ayana-Me wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:Why would it be boring?

Because one is an embryo and the other is nailed to a cross in NERV's basement. Maybe an extended Second Impact scene with glowing Adam would be cool, but it seems that they wanted his appearance in that form to be brief. I'm certainly not trying to downplay their significance, I'm just not sure how much more they can do with them.

Actually what I wanted more out of them Pre-2I, like who they got there and stuff... and some more in-depth info about 2I would be nice.

lftwgr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lftwgr » Mon May 14, 2007 9:53 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:Actually what I wanted more out of them Pre-2I, like who they got there and stuff... and some more in-depth info about 2I would be nice.

I was reading this thread and it occurred to me that the opening of Rebuild could start with actual footage of 1st Impact (the arrival of Lilith and then Adam), how the moon came to be, etc. while the narrator (a priest) is reading from Genesis.

As the priest continues his sermon, we flash forward to the future (but before Yui's contact experiment) and the Ikaris are in the congregation. Gendo leans over to Yui and says that he can't believe they still attend church despite the fact that they know better. Yui hushes him and says Sunday services are calming, and religion has offered her hope in these difficult (post-2I) times.

The priest then talks about the trials and tribulations of man, picking up examples from the bible, and how 2nd Impact is another of these trials. As he is preaching, we flashback to what really happened, and there is a short expository scene of the events prior to, and during the Katsuragi Expedition.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:58 am

lftwgr wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:Actually what I wanted more out of them Pre-2I, like who they got there and stuff... and some more in-depth info about 2I would be nice.

I was reading this thread and it occurred to me that the opening of Rebuild could start with actual footage of 1st Impact (the arrival of Lilith and then Adam), how the moon came to be, etc. while the narrator (a priest) is reading from Genesis.

As the priest continues his sermon, we flash forward to the future (but before Yui's contact experiment) and the Ikaris are in the congregation. Gendo leans over to Yui and says that he can't believe they still attend church despite the fact that they know better. Yui hushes him and says Sunday services are calming, and religion has offered her hope in these difficult (post-2I) times.

The priest then talks about the trials and tribulations of man, picking up examples from the bible, and how 2nd Impact is another of these trials. As he is preaching, we flashback to what really happened, and there is a short expository scene of the events prior to, and during the Katsuragi Expedition.

That's actually really good! You should write a short story about that since they probably won't listen to us anyway...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Mon May 14, 2007 12:56 pm

lftwgr wrote:I was reading this thread and it occurred to me that the opening of Rebuild could start with actual footage of 1st Impact (the arrival of Lilith and then Adam), how the moon came to be, etc. while the narrator (a priest) is reading from Genesis.

No! Evangelion has absolutetly no religious message. I don't want no fucking priest in Evangelion.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 14, 2007 1:13 pm

"Sunday services" certainly wouldn't fit into the Seele Model of "Religion".

Opteron-01 wrote:Actually what I wanted more out of them Pre-2I, like who they got there and stuff... and some more in-depth info about 2I would be nice

Alas! No prequel movie/OVA for us. I guess a fanfic will have to suffice.

It would be pretty cool if that "Spear neutralizing Adam" crap were forsaken for some good ol' Duel of the Seeds, too. Set to Dies Irae. With Adam and Lilith exchanging both gratuitously drawn-out dialogue and various curses / insults in the tongue of the FAR.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 14, 2007 1:32 pm

Reichu wrote:It would be pretty cool if that "Spear neutralizing Adam" crap were forsaken for some good ol' Duel of the Seeds, too. Set to Dies Irae. With Adam and Lilith exchanging both gratuitously drawn-out dialogue and various curses / insults in the tongue of the FAR.

I think that Smack My Bitch Up might work better.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 14, 2007 2:41 pm

BrikHaus wrote:I think that Smack My Bitch Up might work better.

:YouTubes:

:? Catchy song, but that music video was pretty abominable.

I can see a VERY undignified Seed-fight going along with that. A crude animatic -- manipulated storyboard roughs set in time to the song, with all dialogue provided as incomprehensible FAR-script in speech bubbles -- would be pretty funny.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:03 pm

Reichu wrote:Alas! No prequel movie/OVA for us. I guess a fanfic will have to suffice.

It would be pretty cool if that "Spear neutralizing Adam" crap were forsaken for some good ol' Duel of the Seeds, too. Set to Dies Irae. With Adam and Lilith exchanging both gratuitously drawn-out dialogue and various curses / insults in the tongue of the FAR.

Wouldn't be a bad idea! *Starts thinking*
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue May 15, 2007 9:05 am

Reichu wrote:"Sunday services" certainly wouldn't fit into the Seele Model of "Religion".

Opteron-01 wrote:Actually what I wanted more out of them Pre-2I, like who they got there and stuff... and some more in-depth info about 2I would be nice

Alas! No prequel movie/OVA for us. I guess a fanfic will have to suffice.

Would I be a heathen for saying that I don't like "Duel of the Seeds" for the fact that it doesn't account for Adam and Lilith being in different hemispheres.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”