The end of battle star

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

The end of battle star

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri May 11, 2007 12:09 pm

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2463&Itemid=99

Please let this be true. End it before it just to far over the shark
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:19 pm

It jumped over the shark long ago. I liked the first season but every season after that got worse and created more plot holes. Sometimes I think the script writers of that series said screw what happened in the past we are just going to make anything we want up now.

i.e. ... This became especially ridiculous in the season finale when the shocker was the revelation that four of the key human characters were, in fact, Cylons -- they didn't know themselves because they couldn't tell a human from a Cylon either! The robot programmed to think he's human is a sci-fi staple, but this veered into the preposterous, especially since one of the characters who discovers he's a Cylon is in his 60s, and previously it has been declared that human-appearing cyborgs have existed only 40 years. (source is Gregg Easterbrook on that one.)
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri May 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Jeez, first SG-1, and now Battlestar? Sci-Fi must be smokin some darn good pot if they think people are gonna tune in for things like "PainKiller Jane" and "Dr. Who" over those two.

But I agree. BattleStar was getting a little silly.

EDIT: Heh, It just hit me that the acronym for BattleStar is BS. It fits. :lol:
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri May 11, 2007 2:05 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Jeez, first SG-1, and now Battlestar? Sci-Fi must be smokin some darn good pot if they think people are gonna tune in for things like "PainKiller Jane" and "Dr. Who" over those two.

But I agree. BattleStar was getting a little silly.

EDIT: Heh, It just hit me that the acronym for BattleStar is BS. It fits. :lol:

Lets hope that we get some fresh material.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri May 11, 2007 2:54 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Jeez, first SG-1, and now Battlestar?

After O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) left the show, it jumped the shark. Seasons 9 and 10 were total shit. As someone who had been watching since the very first episode premiered on Showtime, I felt extremely disappointed that they thought they could get away with doing the show without O'Neill or the Goa'ould. Those bastards at Sci-Fi should have given it a proper ending instead of letting go on just so they could claim to have the longest continuously running* sci-fi show of all time.

As for Battlestar Galactica, I haven't seen much, but the episodes I did see were incredibly boring and filled with logic holes.

*Dr. Who doesn't count because it may have existed for a longer period of time, but there were large breaks between series.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Fri May 11, 2007 3:02 pm

Hunter21 wrote: make anything we want up now.

i.e. ... This became especially ridiculous in the season finale when the shocker was the revelation that four of the key human characters were, in fact, Cylons -- they didn't know themselves because they couldn't tell a human from a Cylon either! The robot programmed to think he's human is a sci-fi staple, but this veered into the preposterous, especially since one of the characters who discovers he's a Cylon is in his 60s, and previously it has been declared that human-appearing cyborgs have existed only 40 years. (source is Gregg Easterbrook on that one.)

Yeah, Why the fuck(or, frakk, man!) is Tigh, of all people, a Cylon whens he's been in service for 40 years? The fuck is with that shit.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri May 11, 2007 3:18 pm

BrikHaus wrote:After O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) left the show, it jumped the shark. Seasons 9 and 10 were total shit.

Yeah, nothing against Ben Browder though. I liked him in Farscape, but it was too much of a stretch to think that he could replace a Stargate icon like RDA. They'd have been better off letting the show die right after the final battle with Anubis. Either that or just replace him with an even more powerful Goa'uld to keep it going a little longer.

Those bastards at Sci-Fi should have given it a proper ending instead of letting go on just so they could claim to have the longest continuously running* sci-fi show of all time.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but SG-1 technically isn't dead just yet. There's currently two straight to DVD movies planned. Stargate:The Ark of Truth, and Stargate: Contiuum.

Somehow I see this series going on indefinitely, like the Star Trek movies.

Oh, and Vala's hawt!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri May 11, 2007 4:05 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Oh, and Vala's hawt!

Yes she is.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri May 11, 2007 4:16 pm

TriLink12 wrote:I forgot to mention this earlier, but SG-1 technically isn't dead just yet. There's currently two straight to DVD movies planned. Stargate:The Ark of Truth, and Stargate: Contiuum.

I actually knew about these, and I was very happy to hear that RDA would be returning for "Stargate: Contiuum." Still, it isn't the send-off most fans were hoping for. For years they talked about doing a second feature film that would wrap up the SG-1 universe. Had they taken a couple of years off after Season 8 to work on that, I think all of the fans would have been extremely happy. I would have rather seen one excellent, high-production-quality film (starring the regular cast only, sorry Vala fans, and no fucking Orii), instead of two shitty TV seasons and two made for DVD movies. A bittersweet end to SG-1, I suppose.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm

Erm . . . what shark?

And, I concur SG1 Was nothing without O'Neil. Well Baal was funny, but should he have been? "I'm teh ebil overloard! I'd murder you all given half the chance." "Oh good the comic relief has arrived".
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:Erm . . . what shark?

I'm assuming that's a Happy Days/Fonzie reference on Hunter's part.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Fri May 11, 2007 6:23 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:Erm . . . what shark?

".

Oh, what the fuck, man. Jumping the Shark means a show goes to a point where it nevers regains it's quality afterwards. Duh.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri May 11, 2007 6:31 pm

It was good through the first 5 episodes of season 3, then stunk.

****The writers said previously that even guaranteed infinite time....they would intentionally end the series after AT MOST 5 seasons, and they were already preparing to condense it into four;

it was the same old "the network wanted us to make standalone episodes to attrack more viewers" things. Haha, now that it's the final season they can just go INSANE and make an "End of Eva" style ending.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Return to “Film and Video”