What goes into being an Admin?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:52 pm

It's all a damn shame. Onward and upward, I hope.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:53 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Thanks for the support. I need it.

I'm generally around on Skype. Feel free to hit me up.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:49 am

Honestly, what she posted didn't seem all that bad really. If we're talking about civility, I've been just as bad or even worse a couple times in the past. Maybe you guys hold admins to a higher standard. Anyways, hopefully this is the end of it.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:25 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:What the heck happened to Reichu and her rank?

I expected that most people would be happy to see me no longer as admin and wouldn't question such a miraculous event.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:32 pm

As someone who is in the process of trying to step down from being an active admin of another busy forum, I can see how you could be pleased about it yourself. If it's a change you want, great! If not, well, you know better than us why it's gone that way.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:50 pm

I was under the impression that the "minion" status was temporary, during your ban - having not seen an admin or moderator get banned before.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Welcome back Reichu!
I wouldn't think anyone holds much against you. We have our moments.

Also though, since I'm sorta new, I just assumed your rank was merely a title. In other words, I thought you were a dormant admin that didn't have moderation privileges. Am I wrong?
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:59 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:I was under the impression that the "minion" status was temporary, during your ban - having not seen an admin or moderator get banned before.

Nope. I figured if I was going to get banned, I might as well fulfill my long-standing dream of stepping down at the same time.

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:I wouldn't think anyone holds much against you.

Oh, you'd be surprised.

Also though, since I'm sorta new, I just assumed your rank was merely a title. In other words, I thought you were a dormant admin that didn't have moderation privileges. Am I wrong?

When my name was in orange, I was a bona fide administrator, albeit not a very active one.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:06 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Nope. I figured if I was going to get banned, I might as well fulfill my long-standing dream of stepping down at the same time.
Fair enough. It's good to know that you should be happier this way. Though, as a completely pointless question: are you stuck with "Minion", or can it be changed like other long standing members?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:13 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:When my name was in orange, I was a bona fide administrator, albeit not a very active one.

Ah, makes sense.
In any case, seems you're content with still being an EGF member at heart, which is good!
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:42 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Though, as a completely pointless question: are you stuck with "Minion", or can it be changed like other long standing members?

It can be changed, but I no longer have the ability to go into the admin panel and change it on a whim myself, so I'm just leaving it alone until I can think of a title I'd be able to live with for a long while.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:39 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Thanks for the support. I need it.

Well, you have it. We've butted heads in the past, but AFAIC you're a good egg.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Okaeri nasai, Reichu!

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Well, you have it. We've butted heads in the past, but AFAIC you're a good egg.

A good bear, you mean! :lol: But thank you, and belated thanks to Nuke as well.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”