Misato's Characterization/Level EEE

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Misato better not get killed because of Shinji again :irked: Once was enough Anno, once was enough.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm

@Rei IV
Yeah what about Misato when she was Shinji's age and the things that followed after witnessing 2nd Impact. You know, natural disasters, famine and shit like that and the fact she's reliving it all over in a red, barren waste land nearly 30 years later. That's two Impacts Misato has witnessed/survived, and Puppy Boy help pave way for it. And she probably DID regret her emotional outburst telling him to do what HE WANTS

Fixing your own pain, usually takes precedence over having empathy for the pain others are in.

I have my own opinion about the whole concept of Shinji's free will. I mean seriously, what is Anno trying to say? Accept loss and move on? You can't have anything you care about, or fight for anything you want because it'll ruin everything for everyone else? But that's another discussion for another thread.

I think once Shinji starts getting his act together in Final, we'll see fun-loving Misato start to resurface, if even just a little.

I'm not saying it CAN'T be overcome, or that its impossible at this point. Just that, its going to be even more difficult, with fourteen years of bitterness and resentment on top of justifiable frustration at his actions. I think she went too far with how she treated him, but I can totally see where she was coming from.

She should have stuck to the military rule of giving orders and as long as Shinji kills enemies all would be ok. Just like he said

. . . her feelings at that time were real. . .

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No. We got some of the best character development in the new movies in Q.

I think Ray may have been referencing the fact that we didn't get to see a continuation of the character development of Asuka, Misato, or the like. We got some great new stuff, but not much building on the old-- it felt like it was just thrown in my face.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I think Ray may have been referencing the fact that we didn't get to see a continuation of the character development of Asuka, Misato, or the like. We got some great new stuff, but not much building on the old-- it felt like it was just thrown in my face.

Asuka got more development than anyone, though. We didn't see much of it, but the difference between the girl we saw in Ha and the professional we saw in Q was staggering. Same with Misato, come to that (albeit to a lesser degree, since as Lennik noted that side of her was already there).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Oh, absolutely. It's just sad that we didn't get to see it happen-- we got the before and after photos, but didn't see the work in between.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”