What characters should be expanded upon?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Morzella
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Morzella » Sat May 05, 2007 8:03 pm

More Penpen. No backstory or anything silly like that. Just thoses lingering shots of him and have him wonder in and out of every scene. It would be great if Misato took him to work with her. then we could see him wondering aroung Nerv. Penpen strolling past Gendous desk in the middle of a battle would be the best.

And I want more Fyutski. For some reason I really like him, find him an amazeingly intresting chacter. I can relate to him. really dosen't say much about me I guess.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 05, 2007 8:05 pm

corintium wrote:are you sure that that pale adult Shinji you are reffering to is a he, 'cos from my perspective it looks like it is a she. There's a rather sutil expansion on the chest area.......I wonder...

Yes, that is a woman. (Concept art proves this.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:05 pm

Morzella wrote:More Penpen. No backstory or anything silly like that. Just thoses lingering shots of him and have him wonder in and out of every scene. It would be great if Misato took him to work with her. then we could see him wondering aroung Nerv. Penpen strolling past Gendous desk in the middle of a battle would be the best.

And I want more Fyutski. For some reason I really like him, find him an amazeingly intresting chacter. I can relate to him. really dosen't say much about me I guess.

Yes! Fyiutski is another character I would like to see more of.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 05, 2007 8:08 pm

Fu-yu-tsu-ki.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Reichu wrote:Fu-yu-tsu-ki.

I'm sorry :oops:
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gydromon
Embryo

pen pen

•      
  •      

Postby gydromon » Sun May 06, 2007 1:20 am

Shawn Dudley wrote:I wanna see how Misato got PenPen!!!

transporting him in a cooler with some beer! ahhh, Misato and her beer-

Morzella wrote:More Penpen. No backstory or anything silly like that. Just thoses lingering shots of him and have him wonder in and out of every scene. It would be great if Misato took him to work with her. then we could see him wondering aroung Nerv. Penpen strolling past Gendous desk in the middle of a battle would be the best.

truly ! i would love to see that

yay pen pen-

i hope that if they do include pen pen, that it doesn't turn out to be the type of cgi character that i hate- sometimes movies have a bad habit of creating annoying cgi characters-
i.e.- that thing from lost in space and jar jar binks to name two-

i could go on and on- (as i'm sure you all can as well)

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby master0rolando » Sun May 06, 2007 2:56 am

i want more development of the Toji + Sister thing...I also wanna see more Hikari...(the Hikari/Toji kiss scene is coming and you can't stop it...

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun May 06, 2007 1:41 pm

THey should have explained out Fuyutsuki better, because you basically watch episode 20 and go "wait, who the heck is this suddenly interesting character?" plus I'm still not sure why he joined the Eva Project with Gendo.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 06, 2007 3:02 pm

V wrote:THey should have explained out Fuyutsuki better, because you basically watch episode 20 and go "wait, who the heck is this suddenly interesting character?" plus I'm still not sure why he joined the Eva Project with Gendo.

(A) Avoid getting "erased" by Seele. (Gendo was on Seele's good side, and Fuyutsuki wasn't, so...)
(B) Gendo and Yui were actually anti-Seele, so might as well pitch in.
(C) Be close to "Yui-kun" even though it was all "look, but don't touch".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon May 07, 2007 7:42 am

Yeah but I don't understand why Gendo recruited him....because Gendo actually liked and respected him from college? (Thus not wanting SEELE to erase him for investigating them?)

Question: I've always wondered; if Fuyutsuki was against SEELE and what they were trying to do....why did he do nothing to stop Gendo in EoE from starting Third Impact?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 am

V wrote:Yeah but I don't understand why Gendo recruited him....because Gendo actually liked and respected him from college? (Thus not wanting SEELE to erase him for investigating them?)

Question: I've always wondered; if Fuyutsuki was against SEELE and what they were trying to do....why did he do nothing to stop Gendo in EoE from starting Third Impact?

Because of Yui. I think...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:37 pm

V wrote:Yeah but I don't understand why Gendo recruited him....because Gendo actually liked and respected him from college? (Thus not wanting SEELE to erase him for investigating them?)

Gendo's version of third impact was very different from SEELE's version. All Gendo wanted was to become one with Yui and everyone else can go on with their pitiful little lives. SEELE wanted every one to become one. Considering the choices he went with the lesser of two evils and the one he probably though Yui would approve of.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Want I should split the Fuyutsuki/etc. stuff?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 07, 2007 6:21 pm

Yes, please split if not done already. :(

Rei vs Asuka...Kinda.
I hope this is the correct topic (I'll make a new one or request a split if not), but what I'm wondering is why do people think to get more info/etc about Rei, they have to refer to the manga?
I know Sadamoto's a "Rei-fanboy", but from what I've seen, I think Anno gives Asuka and Rei (Shin-chan too, duh) equal time, he doesn't favor one over the other.

Penpen strolling past Gendou's desk in the middle of a battle would be the best.

DO WANT. ^_^

One thing I'd think would be nifty and assume we'd get some of it is a few of the unused S^2 Works tracks. I think there are some real good ones on there... Speaking of which I wonder if they WOULD just use music from the show or what? (That one track on Disc 7, theme of love, is so beautiful even not being finished...Hope we get that one! ^_^)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Operation Yashima
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Operation Yashima » Tue May 08, 2007 5:04 am

Penpen strolling past Gendou's desk in the middle of a battle would be the best.

Oh Sweet Adam.

I wish they introduce all the portagonists + Kaworu in the first 3 episodes/1st movie since the old series had Rei in the background for fan service until my screen-name, and Asuka didn't appear until too late.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue May 08, 2007 11:29 am

Rei vs Asuka...Kinda.

Yes...I was rewatching episode 16 with Leliel, and it was the part where Rei (normally stoic to the point of being catatonic) of her own volition walks up to Asuka while Asuka is berating Shinji and just says "you just pilot Eva to get other people to praise you don't you?" which was just such a WOW moment because it was so *understated* but still, wow, it was pretty startling.
Who is "Codename V"?....

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue May 08, 2007 3:56 pm

i love that part.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I wanted Rei to slap her hard!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue May 08, 2007 5:39 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:I wanted Rei to slap her hard!
fo' shizzle. The pitch black shading made it especially wierd.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 08, 2007 7:18 pm

@ least Rei 3.0 gets her revenge (slapping Asuka and saying "anta baka" in After The End ;))

Webuild Predictions!

~Asuka will have a shlicking scene as a compliment to Shinji's fap scene in EoE. Her line afterwards? "Squishy." (Draw your own conclusions.)

~The final scene will be a show-stopping number of Shinji, Asuka and Rei, plugsuit clad, doing a butt-wiggle dance as Shinji bursts into song: "Always look on the Bright Side of Life!"*

*Cue humerous pic from THAT BOARD*

~Pen-Pen= GOD.

*IMHO, THE unoffical Post-3I theme song. :P (Spamalot version instead of original Life of Brian version??)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”