Trying a New Mixture....

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 17, 2014 10:52 pm

^
Bro I just realized something, it may just be a coincidence though but are you fan of Dragonball Z Abridged?

Also will the new story take place in the Universe that A Very Bad Idea took place? If so can we have some call backs to the original story?

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun May 18, 2014 8:28 am

Ghost peppers are fuckin' evil stuff, Gob. I tried just the juice from one a few years back (my reaction wasn't filmed), and it was easily the most pain I ever experienced orally.
I still say DMT should be involved in one of these stories at some point. It's too crazy a thing not to utilize.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun May 18, 2014 9:33 am

TOPIC

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:This is true, but I find that vivid dreams and uncomfortable nights tend to be the case in general with spicy food (at least for me). And I just would love to see the continued, constant delayed reactions from the kids as things go from, "Huh, this isn't so bad...." to sobbing, on the floor and ready for the ER.

Er, why? That just seems mean, honestly. Even the qualudes stuff, funny as it was, seems pretty vicious in hindsight. I mean, it's really funny at first, but then you remember these are 14-year-old basket cases who were drugged against their will . . . :scared:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun May 18, 2014 11:32 am

Frankly, because tragedy is comedy: all comedy is rooted in some form of misfortune. To paraphrase Mel Brooks, if you cut your finger, that's a tragedy. If you fall down a manhole and die, it's comedy.

In this case, the comedy is something that is relatable. Many of us who have gone through some form of surgical medical procedure have had to deal with painkillers (which is essentially what Quaaludes are), and have had a wide variety of reactions to them. And some of those reactions are funny (like the kid who went to the dentist and became a YouTube star because of it). The ghost pepper stuff? I can write from experience on that: my wife makes up for her onion allergy by being a fire eater, and has a much, MUCH higher tolerance to spicy foods than I do.

Which is something she frequently forgets when it's her turn to cook. And she could eat ghost pepper by the pound.

I even have a sketch for Asuka having to deal with being injured and needing assistance for recuperation. Again, this is something I've had to deal with, both for myself and from friends and family. And some of the funniest stories I have to tell involve being in hospital rooms with recovering loved ones.

The basic point being, this is a caricature of a situation that most people would probably find themselves in at some point in life. Which makes it funny. Looney Tunes? In any other medium, half the stuff they portray would be pretty dark. Blackadder? Good God, they made World War I hysterical. Comedy is tragedy.

Besides, we've already watched these characters suffer for our entertainment to much greater degrees in the canon series (television and film). Between innocent laughs or heartrending torment, why is this somehow worse?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Finally had time to read this, and now I really regret that I hadn't checked it out sooner. This was hilarious! If it actually does become a series of Very Bad Ideas (and Very Big Laughs :D ), I will definitely keep reading. Fantastic work, Gob Hobblin!
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Just read the above post. Many thanks!

So, I've been bouncing around a few ideas for the next vignette, which involves Aoba stuck in a 98 F-elevator while the chorus to Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) plays on a never ending loop. The context is MAGI gets an upgrade that leads to a series of glitches, which everyone has to contend with.

Suggestions are welcome, but remember that there is a fine line between comedy and cruelty.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

MisterHalt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MisterHalt » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:05 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:The context is MAGI gets an upgrade that leads to a series of glitches, which everyone has to contend with.

I hereby request that MAGI-Caspar (Naoko as a woman) trolls the hell out of Gendo by playing with sliding doors, elevators, his desk, and anything else "she" can get her hands on.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato. Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato. Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato. Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad. Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.

Return to “Fanfiction”