Deliberate Distortion: Synesthesia, english patch

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

rosetau
Embryo

Deliberate Distortion: Synesthesia, english patch

•      
  •      

Postby rosetau » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello guys, I'm rosetau from russian evangelion-related site Evangelion not End.

Four years ago my team completed fan visual novel named "Deliberate Distortion: Synesthesia", maybe you already heared something about it. (link with screenshots - http://www.evangelion-not-end.ru/multimedia/games/item/103-dds.html).
I wrote the plot, where tried to find answers what happened to Shinji between 16 and 17 episodes, when he was in blackout after shadow angel. In this game you will find three brand new characters (two of them - girls:) )

So, I ask you for a help.
We want to make an english patch and we have all of game text on english. But english, of course, is not our native language, and I see in text many mistakes.

It would be wonderful if you help me to proofread the text and make qc for whole patch. I think it could be interesting to you.

some test screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyp9sc3p36dxi5a/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202014-07-27%2015.25.37.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nyefddt49nnaxu/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202014-07-27%2015.27.07.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul51msoqryokr02/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202014-07-27%2015.27.26.png
DDS eng patch in progress

JackyD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JackyD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm honestly surprised that no one seems to have put any interest in this, or maybe everyone is just too busy to be on EvaGeeks.... (or lacking confidence in their ability to do a good job with the project)

Anyways, You've piqued my interest enough to hunt down my forgotten login info to post this reply.

Would Distortion be the only English entry? What of the other two in the series?

rosetau
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rosetau » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:01 am

View Original PostJackyD wrote:I'm honestly surprised that no one seems to have put any interest in this, or maybe everyone is just too busy to be on EvaGeeks.... (or lacking confidence in their ability to do a good job with the project)

Anyways, You've piqued my interest enough to hunt down my forgotten login info to post this reply.

Would Distortion be the only English entry? What of the other two in the series?

thanks for reply:)

Sorry I didn't quite understand - what do you mean "only english entry"? It's like "it will be on english or you want to make patch for other foreign language too"?

About other two game - they very... odd to translate and game experience, I think.

For everyone.
We have three games in "Deliberate Distortion" series.
First - original "Deliberate Distortion", game for browser. ( http://www.evangelion-not-end.ru/multimedia/games/item/102-ddgame.html )
Without certain plot. It was just experiment or interactive fanfic.

Second - DD:S we talking about. Complicate and big plot, much of original art, own game engine and music. (awesome music, I strongly recommended to listen to it - here, for example http://www.lastfm.ru/music/Daikirai/Deliberate+Distortion:+Synesthesia+OST )

Third - "Deliberate Distortion: Dissonance", small spin-off about Misato and her point of view on story which happened to Shinji. It made for old mobile phones with Java.

Btw maybe you can recommend me some program for spellchecking english text?

JackyD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JackyD » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:49 am

"Only English entry" referred to the other two games and if you were planning on making them available in English, but you already answered that for me! :lol:

also giving that soundtrack a listen and download, so far it sounds really good!

As for spellchecking software, I have no real experience beyond Microsoft Word or Firefox's spellchecker... but looking around, Ginger Software seems to appear to be professional and It has a host of features in it.

Finally, a question: Is the EvaGeeks user xPearse working with you on the English patch? He seems to have made a post about the game on here a few days ago, but nobody seemed to reply to that (Maybe it's a slow week here on EvaGeeks?). If so, I would definitely assist him in assisting you with this English patch!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 am

Is there a text file available for proofing?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

rosetau
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rosetau » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 am

View Original PostJackyD wrote:Finally, a question: Is the EvaGeeks user xPearse working with you on the English patch? He seems to have made a post about the game on here a few days ago, but nobody seemed to reply to that (Maybe it's a slow week here on EvaGeeks?). If so, I would definitely assist him in assisting you with this English patch!

Yes, first of all he went to me and ask me for a software tools for a game. Now we work together, he is copying english text into game file, I'm trying to remember how game files was encrypted :) and gather all of work in english version of the game.

I think he will be very grateful to you and your help. But perhaps it will be more productive if you will work straight with me. I mean I will give you files and instructions you need, if you want to copy english text into game. Thank you very much.

My bad, I didn't check last topics for duplicates. Sorry about that.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Is there a text file available for proofing?

of course, please:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yvf24f9jvq51fy/day1%20-%20%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0.txt
first day seems quite big.
well, plot has two main branches. Total count of text lines - ~15 000.

If you want to try proofread this (thanks in advance), you can edit text right in this file. After that I just will compare your files with mine in Araxis Merge and will see all of changes.
If you didn't understand something, feel free to ask me about heroes and situations.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:10 am

I may give it a read through as well.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

rosetau
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rosetau » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 am

http://www.tokyo3cn.com/bbs/thread-34592-1-1.html
wow, some chinese guys found our game. well, it seems they were enjoying in trying to play it (thanks google translate).
I think we should improve our progress with eng patch. It is kind of a nice feeling to see how your art spreads the world.

for now we are near the end of first day.

bingxuezhiya
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bingxuezhiya » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 am

View Original Postrosetau wrote:http://www.tokyo3cn.com/bbs/thread-34592-1-1.html
wow, some chinese guys found our game. well, it seems they were enjoying in trying to play it (thanks google translate).
I think we should improve our progress with eng patch. It is kind of a nice feeling to see how your art spreads the world.

for now we are near the end of first day.

It is really hard to believe that my post will be seen by the author of the game. :tongue:
I am the same guy who shared the game to Eva fans in China.

I have interest in your current work, keep going, the English version will be good. To be honest, the Eng version may be the only version that we could understand :facepalm: As there are only a few people who could fluently use Russian, but nearly every of us could speak a little or more English. :facepalm:

Do not mind with my IP, this site is out of the Wall.
Waiting for the English version of DDS.

rosetau
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby rosetau » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 am

View Original Postbingxuezhiya wrote:It is really hard to believe that my post will be seen by the author of the game. :tongue:
I am the same guy who shared the game to Eva fans in China.

I have interest in your current work, keep going, the English version will be good. To be honest, the Eng version may be the only version that we could understand :facepalm: As there are only a few people who could fluently use Russian, but nearly every of us could speak a little or more English. :facepalm:

Do not mind with my IP, this site is out of the Wall.

Nice to hear you! It's such a pleasure to see other people who is waiting for a patch:) Please tell me how did you found DDS? I think it's popular only within russian community.

(I wonder if Anno read it too, because, you know... DSS-choker. accidentally match?:) )

About progress:
The integration of eng text is nearly to end. Next phase - large beta-testing.

If anyone wants to help with it, you're welcome.

bingxuezhiya
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bingxuezhiya » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 pm

View Original Postrosetau wrote:Nice to hear you! It's such a pleasure to see other people who is waiting for a patch:) Please tell me how did you found DDS? I think it's popular only within russian community.

(I wonder if Anno read it too, because, you know... DSS-choker. accidentally match?:) )

About progress:
The integration of eng text is nearly to end. Next phase - large beta-testing.

If anyone wants to help with it, you're welcome.

Nice to see your reply. Well, to be honest, the discovery of this game is quiet by chance. I found one of a bad end CG on a hentai web and from the comments they left, I got the game name. Using that I found your community finally. Indeed the language is quiet a big problem, with the help of Google, well, I succeed downloading the game and shared on our BBS at once.

I am keen to join your progress but as a language learning beginner, I am not good at neither Russian nor English. Well, I could read or understand English, but I don't know if it is suitable or idiomatic in English. Maybe when you have done the English version, I could gather a group of people to translate it into Chinese. ;)
Waiting for the English version of DDS.

Return to “Fan Works”