FINAL Updated NTV Preview Speculation? (Serious ideas only!)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:21 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Well, he IS genetically engineered

That's from Sadamoto's manga. The 90's anime and new movies make no mention of this.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:41 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:That's from Sadamoto's manga. The 90's anime and new movies make no mention of this.

He would have to be since there's no such thing as a hot springs penguin. Some species do get pretty far north (they're in the Galapagos, for example), but there's a big difference between that and swimming in a hot spring. Any penguin alive today would die in short order if it did that. He also drinks beer and reads newspapers, and his wings have claws -- no way that sucker is natural.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 pm

The scene at the water treatment thing make it clear that he's not an ordinary penguin.

Has the function of that backpack he always wears ever been adressed? I always wondered if it was some kind of cooling system. He does live in a refrigerator, right?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Just speculation that the backpack is a cooling system, but nothing actually stated.

___

As far as I can tell, Japanese Twitter seems to be sure we're get a FINAL preview this Friday. Guess we have to wait and see if we'll get a "watch until the end" announcement like we did for the previous TV-version films or if it'll just be an ending surprise or what.

I'd find it hard to believe that we don't get anything, since they decided to air 3.0 on TV when they did, and the speculation that FINAL = sometime next year.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:36 pm

What if the "special preview" is a video of Anno announcing he's retiring and shutting khara down? :devil:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Not without releasing FINAL he won't! :fistshake: Seriously, I thought part of the reason he opened up khara for other new projects post-Eva.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Yaywalter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm calling it: special preview will be Anno partaking in the ALS ice bucket challenge.

The real question then is who will he nominate? Shinji's probably a given, but who else? Asuka? Misato? A Rei??

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 pm

View Original PostYaywalter wrote:I'm calling it: special preview will be Anno partaking in the ALS ice bucket challenge.
As Ultraman...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 pm

^ 10 out of 10, GameStop out of GameStop, I would watch this.

But he would have to challenge Shinji Higuchi afterwards. It’s the only way.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:As Ultraman...

Nice.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:59 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:But he would have to challenge Shinji Higuchi afterwards. It’s the only way.

And Miyazaki-san!

What was the first preview of this sort that we got for 3.0? The piano one?
I won't lie, if we get something like this I'll be slightly annoyed.
Even if it's 15 seconds of Shinji crying in a corner, I'll be satisfied.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:14 pm

That was a trailer (and the first trailer we got for 3.0), not the preview. The 15 second preview was Asuka in space during Operation U.S. (a little different from the final product, but the jist was there).

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:18 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Even if it's 15 seconds of Shinji crying in a corner, I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, but that's getting tiresome to expect that of Shinji. Anno has succeeded and changed immensely since the first Evangelion, so I for one like to see a scene where Shinji actually succeeds at something with no underlying consequences. :P
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:22 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:That was a trailer (and the first trailer we got for 3.0), not the preview. The 15 second preview was Asuka in space during Operation U.S. (a little different from the final product, but the jist was there).

Ah, thanks! Now I remember. The one that had the moon and stuff. I would be OK with something like that, although I'd prefer to see the characters.

Yeah, but that's getting tiresome to expect that of Shinji. Anno has succeeded and changed immensely since the first Evangelion, so I for one like to see a scene where Shinji actually succeeds at something with no underlying consequences. :P

That can work, as long as Anno doesn't turn Shinji into Simon the Digger. xD
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:What if the "special preview" is a video of Anno announcing he's retiring and shutting khara down? :devil:

I'd fly to Japan and make him finish. :bat:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Evangelion official site had the blog updated to reflect the Eva Q TV screening this Friday at 9 PM (Friday morning for us in the States).

Courtesy of Minna no Eva Fan: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3259.html With a handy Youtube link to the updated 3.0 Asuka in space Preview.

ご期待ください = "Please stay tuned".

Updated Final Preview tiem? :headbang:

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 pm

ご期待ください = "GET FUCKING HYPED".

fixed
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:24 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:
ご期待ください = "Please stay tuned".

Updated Final Preview tiem? :headbang:

:boingy:

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 pm

We are so close, so close!

Happening Status- It's about to Happen.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Someone--freeze me and thaw me out when FINAL is released. I can't stand the wait any longer!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”