[Merch] Evangelion Merchandise 2, or, Why Do I Keep Buying Things!?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:15 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:I don't know, something feels a bit odd to me. Don't get me wrong, if the game has only one path then I completely agree that it's LAS (and very cute LAS at that... super adorable! :heart: ). But if the game is so blatant about this, with the almost-kiss and the hearts and the other characters seeming to know about it, then why is the second volume of the manga not more direct about this? Yeah, there's still a bit of LAS hinting in there (mainly with Asuka acting jealous whenever Mana gets close to Shinji), but not to the same degree that the game seems to show. I understand that it's a comedy and not a romantic-comedy, but it still feels a bit weird. Also, it's not just about the LAS... what about Mari? The second volume of the manga introduces her, and the other characters don't know who she is. But if Mari is in the game, even posing with the others for a group photo, then how can it be that the game takes place between the two manga volumes? :???:

I wonder if we're missing something here? Is there any possibility that the video game is actually it's own separate continuity, albeit one heavily based on the Hamamoto manga because it uses the same designs except for Mari's outfit? (Which would mean that there are four separate Petit Eva continuities... yowza.) Or maybe the video game and the second volume of the manga both use the first volume as a starting point, but then take the story in different directions? (Similar to how End of Evangelion and ANIMA both use the original anime series as a starting point, and then follow very different paths.) I don't know, I'm just guessing since I don't know enough about the game to say for sure.

Separate continuities for a spin off?? it would be too much even for EVA :lol: :lol: Take it just like an OVA, it has bee done for decades :lol: A side story, no more no less :wink: The manga pays more attention in comedy, the only "romantic" moments are Asuka jealous bursts, like thousans of comedies before, so the game pays a Little more attention to that. As an example, Ranma's OVAS were pretty romantic....in the next TV series episode they were fighting,arguing and paying more attention to comedy. As I've said, taking continuity too seriously in Petit Eva is pointless. :wink:

Don't take mari into account. Her role is just that photo and her profile. Just an early cameo before 2.0, promotional strategy.

Of course the game has been done by different people, but that doesn`t question it takes place in the same universe. Don't think too much about it, it has been a regular practice for Japanese industry since I can't remember. And petit Eva more tan a real story is an universe and that the kind of relationship S and A have :childhood friends with a crush. The same way 01 and jet alone chan :lol: [/quote]
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
That Yui is, quite possibly, the most adorable thing I have ever seen, what with that school uniform and all...and I've seen Azumanga Daioh.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Separate continuities for a spin off?? it would be too much even for EVA :lol: :lol:

Heh! Well, the ONA and the Maki Oozora manga don't use the same storyline as the Hamamoto manga, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it had turned out the video game went off in its own direction as well. There's money to be made! :D Seriously though, thanks for the explanation, and for sharing all this cool stuff! By the way, is the game fun to play? It looks really cute, but Evangelion video games tend to have a... um, mixed reputation. I hope it's a good game, because Petit Eva really deserves a good game.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:Heh! Well, the ONA and the Maki Oozora manga don't use the same storyline as the Hamamoto manga, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it had turned out the video game went off in its own direction as well. There's money to be made! :D Seriously though, thanks for the explanation, and for sharing all this cool stuff! By the way, is the game fun to play? It looks really cute, but Evangelion video games tend to have a... um, mixed reputation. I hope it's a good game, because Petit Eva really deserves a good game.

I'm pretty sure the game takes place in the same continuity of Hazamamoto's manga (a lot of manga illustrations are present even in the instruction booklet) , 100%, . The ONA is a different case, because it was produced before the manga, it shares designs and settings, but it's just a gag collection : not gan leader Zeruel, not Jet Alone Chan, etc.....but still the characters are the same, they just were more developed in the manga and given a proper story. I' pretty sure this never would be questioned if we we're talking about any manga or anime :lol: :lol: :lol:

The game itself is funny, but it's obviously oriented to children. It's quite enjoyable.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Jäeger wrote:The game itself is funny, but it's obviously oriented to children. It's quite enjoyable.

I'm glad to hear it's enjoyable! I might have to check it out sometime. Would you say the game is playable for someone who can't read kanji? I can read katakana and hiragana, but my knowledge of kanji is limited.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Finally, the NERV Bible!
SPOILER: Show

Just kidding! It's an address book for 2015
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:05 am

Stylish! :love:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:12 pm

9/23 reply: It's your little black Nerv book.

Edit: 4 Military Nerv clothing items are on sale. I like the trench coat the best. And why not kit yourself out with more MN gear while you're at it: http://www.evastore.jp/pc/theme-mn_lt.html#sale

Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:04 am

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:17 am

"Even your AT Field won't protect you from these sick beats."

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 am

Evangelion Pikopiko junior high school legend (1)

Contents Introduction
Prepare for the decisive battle of the National Defense junior high school "NERV" In the mystery of the giant life form, I have to cultivate the pilot of the new weapon "Evangelion". At the school a collection of talented gamers from all over the world, Shinji we do can become a pilot of "Eva"!?

So Shinji's a talented gamer, eh? Well, the short-sleeved plugsuit's quite cute.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Dark Horse picked up Detective Journal, why not keep the trend going.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:So Shinji's a talented gamer, eh? Well, the short-sleeved plugsuit's quite cute.

I know, right? It kind of looks like a sports jersey, almost. ^_^
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 pm

There's a shirt design called First Child by Alexander Iaccarino (thatkidwhodraws) up on Teepublic ATM for $14. Price goes up in 16 hours. Although I typically don't buy Rei merch I'm tempted to pick it up.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 am

Here we go

[URL=http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/joseantonio666/media/2014-11-30111713_zpse2c32341.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:46 am

View Original Postvito wrote:

I've been trying to find anything on Eva PikoPiko but goddamn its like no one is following this I want to read it so bad. I guess I'm stuck with importing it.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 am

Does somebody know this shop???

[url]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1725609[/url]

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:56 am

I use them from time to time - they're my first stop for anime stuff from Japan. Airmail shipping is not so expensive, and arrives in Europe in a week.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:08 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Here we go

[URL=http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/joseantonio666/media/2014-11-30111713_zpse2c32341.jpg.html][/URL]

I was tempted to get the card game, but decided against it... tempting. :P

Still have more PS2/PSP games coming in.
In and of itself, self-evident.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:20 pm

See here too for posting full collections: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/9735/Merch-Official-Post-your-Evangelion-collection/

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”