Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:51 pm

They told us explicitly that the two versions would contain different extras, and that hardcore collectors would want to get both.

The presenters were pretty fucking shameless. Whole panel pissed me off.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 am

How was this panel, if anybody went to it? https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16313 ... Matsubara/

Anything the Funi reps said other than "no clue"? (I'ma keeping my expectations low. :eva02curlup: )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:13 pm

The reps knew nothing because Funi isn't even really talking about it internally. It sounds to me like someone dropped the ball big time and management is having them fix it as a side project without involving the normal, everyday staff (who are working on current releases that haven't been fucked up). There's probably a book to be found in this mess when all is said and done.

As for Matsubara, the one panel he had conflicted with the Funi panel. Hooray irony? I doubt he would have said anything about Final in any event; no way we get a scoop like that before Japan does.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Yeah, I really doubt we'd get any big scoops before Japan too. Wonder if maybe he had interesting stories to tell or anything like that.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:53 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:The reps knew nothing because Funi isn't even really talking about it internally.

This is most depressing.
Damn Funi

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Hey kids, so I can't really share my panel, for various reasons, but here's my panel liner notes, so if you're interested in what I showed and talked about, you can explore.

http://bit.ly/jleva

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 am

Looks like a fun panel! Thanks for the link :)

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Uploaded the pics I took, including those at the Eva Photoshoot. Missed the first half of it, though, so for those you might need to turn to Bags (speaking of the photoshoot, was that you in the wig and sunglasses off to the side TEM?).

http://imgur.com/a/nxDgS
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 pm

I've forgotten just how huge cons can be...that's a lot of cosplayers! Some good and funny stuff in there. Any EGF group pics?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:50 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Any EGF group pics?

No. :asuka_miffed:

Despite rooming with Bags I never got a pic of the two of us, Merri's family was visiting so we didn't get a chance to hang out at his place, Drinian left after TEM's panel before me since I waited to chat with TEM a bit on the way out, and TEM himself was busy all weekend so despite my desire to do some sort of meetup/get drinks nothing came of it.

Sigh, maybe next year...

PS: That calendar was courtesy of me. Sorry it's bent, I had figured Bags would nab one so I didn't take the best care of it.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:00 am

No worries, and thank you very much! :asuka_thumbsup: I was surprised that nobody posted Kodansha's 2015 calendar on Twitter yet (didn't ever realize it existed 'til recently, so it was a pleasant surprise).

If we get to Otakon next year, EGF group pics for sure. Would be especially cool if we could get Reichu there too!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:02 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:No worries, and thank you very much! :asuka_thumbsup: I was surprised that nobody posted Kodansha's 2015 calendar on Twitter yet (didn't ever realize it existed 'til recently, so it was a pleasant surprise).

If we get to Otakon next year, EGF group pics for sure. Would be especially cool if we could get Reichu there too!

Is anyone keeping in contact with her? I hope she's alright.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:03 am

She's sometimes on IRC (looks like she's there right now, but she might be AFK). As far as I know, she's been doing well, just very busy.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:00 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:was that you in the wig and sunglasses off to the side TEM?).

Nope, I was working at the time. I was very specific that the Eva photoshoot was the one thing that I wanted to do for fun, but my staff schedule did not permit it.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Drinian left after TEM's panel before me since I waited to chat with TEM a bit on the way out,

Sorry about that -- my girlfriend had just arrived at the convention center and she had never been to any sort of anime/sci-fi/nerd convention ever before. Wanted to make sure she was OK.

Every year it seems to go by faster, no matter how long we try to fight off the night. Before it leaves Baltimore, we have to have another event -- and 2015 seems very appropriate.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:40 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Before it leaves Baltimore, we have to have another event -- and 2015 seems very appropriate.

"It" meaning Otakon? I'd love it if there'll be an Evacon 2015, that would be too cool. :marihearts:

Hoping all the geeks and nerds didn't scare off your girlfriend and that she enjoyed herself! :wink:

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:15 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:"It" meaning Otakon? I'd love it if there'll be an Evacon 2015, that would be too cool. :marihearts:

Evacon 2015, featuring such panels as "Why Asuka x Shinji Is OTP And Your Opinion Is Wrong If You Disagree, hosted by SSD and CJD (With a special guest appearance by Bags)"

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Sorry about that -- my girlfriend had just arrived at the convention center and she had never been to any sort of anime/sci-fi/nerd convention ever before. Wanted to make sure she was OK.

Nothing to apologize for, you made the right call. It was nice just being able to chat with you before the panel.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Evacon 2015, featuring such panels as "Why Asuka x Shinji Is OTP And Your Opinion Is Wrong If You Disagree, hosted by SSD and CJD (With a special guest appearance by Bags)"

You know your stuff! :kaworusparkle:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 am

With all the protests and such in Baltimore these days I hope things settle down in time for Otakon. I don't see it going well with curfews and such in effect. Any staff reaction to current events? Or are you lot taking a wait-and-see approach?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

I've already been worried about the safety of EGF's Baltimore crew over there, myself... (Most likely than not, Otakon's out, but the Austin con in August should be a go...)

Return to “Anime and Manga”