Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:09 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:These three shows are exactly what I've been waiting for (well, blu-ray releases, I already have the DVDs). Don't disappoint us, Funi!

Only one I own is Escaflowne and I think its the lesser of those 3, so yea, I'm really hoping for some Spike and Starwind Blu-ray action soon. Get on it Funi!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:30 pm

HAHAHAAH DISREGARD THAT HAHAHA SO FUNNY

What the fuck was that shit? I just waited five fucking hours in line only to be kicked out not 50 feet from the registration desk, all because what? Because no one stopped to think "Oh hey, maybe this registration system is highly vulnerable to a DDOS, intentional or otherwise? Or /was/ it the wifi? In which case, someone never stopped to think "Hey, maybe we should do this locally instead of over a public fucking network being used by tens of thousands of other people?"

Oh but it's ok, I got this nice little green slip that allows me to jump to the front of the line.... as did 999 other people. What in the fuckity fuck. I'm legitimately pissed.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 am

Wait to kill a Thursday. :| Good luck tomorrow!
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 am

To their credit said green slip did get me in quick as a cricket, but still...
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Ugh, that's some BS. :(

On an optimistic note, hoping for some cool SM and Eva news this weekend!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

MFW I spent 28 dollars on doujins. MFW a stand has retake for 25 each. MFW there's a really nice daki design but its on one of those shitty cheap vacuum sealed pillows. Gah I want to buy it and bring it to TEMs panel lol.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:58 pm

You can find back (body) pillows in any bedding store for decent prices. If yoy really like that, get it for the cover and ditch the cheap pillow. (No, never had a dakimaura but I know how comfy long back pillows are.)

Oh, and Retake original or All Ages? I still love that I own the HUGE Pengel Evangelion Ai book (adorable post-3I LAS).

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:01 pm

^
You mean "Epilogue of Evangelion" ? ^_^
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:MFW I spent 28 dollars on doujins. MFW a stand has retake for 25 each. MFW there's a really nice daki design but its on one of those shitty cheap vacuum sealed pillows. Gah I want to buy it and bring it to TEMs panel lol.

Strongly tempted, but I'm loathe to spend $150 on a doujin I can't even read. Nice collector's item, though. After EoE for $50, though; maybe.

Edit: I gotta see if I can hunt down The Last Year of Ryohji Kaji while I'm here.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:14 pm

TEM's getting ready to start the panel. DON' BLOW IT BRO.

Also he's playing some wubstep version of komm susser Todd.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:TEM's getting ready to start the panel. DON' BLOW IT BRO.

Also he's playing some wubstep version of komm susser Todd.

From Vox, I think.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:^
You mean "Epilogue of Evangelion" ? ^_^

Yep, yep. :nod:

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:04 am

This guy behind me just hooked up with a 13 yo. duuuuuuuuude

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:You can find back (body) pillows in any bedding store for decent prices. If yoy really like that, get it for the cover and ditch the cheap pillow. (No, never had a dakimaura but I know how comfy long back pillows are.)

Oh, and Retake original or All Ages? I still love that I own the HUGE Pengel Evangelion Ai book (adorable post-3I LAS).

No no, to my understanding with these vacuum sealed cheapies the image is printed directly onto the pillow itself. This sucks not only because it makes washing it a bitch, it also uses a shitty fabric instgead of one of the high quality ones typically used by dakis.

As for Retake, they're the originals. They also have two huge volumes of After Story.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:55 am

Still mindblowing to me how SM isn't as underground anymore as I thought it used to be. The Viz SM shirt I hoped for today sold out in 2 hours yesterday. Anybody checking out Viz's Moon Panel? 4 dubbed episodes according to Twitter. 2(?) Posters available too, apparently.

Feeling nervous whether or not Funimation will say anything about 3.0 at their panel. (They do have one, right?)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:56 am

3:15 eastern. I'm gonna try to get in.

Edit: Funi panel isn't news, it's a fucking sales pitch. Really annoying.

Edit 2: 45 minutes in, finally some news. Sadly, it ain't Eva news. I don't even know why getting Bebop or Haruhi is news, those already have solid releases. Who gives a fuck?

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:38 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:
Edit 2: 45 minutes in, finally some news. Sadly, it ain't Eva news. I don't even know why getting Bebop or Haruhi is news, those already have solid releases. Who gives a fuck?

Me. those releases aren't readily available anymore, let alone Blu-ray. Thanks Funi!...... But still WTF is going on with Eva?
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Nobody asked about 3.0 or it wasn't a Q&A thing? I'd just ask a rep anyway, because seriously.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/ ... om-otakon/

To quote wrestlin': "Fuck this company."

I mean, they're not done with redubbing yet?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:58 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Nobody asked about 3.0 or it wasn't a Q&A thing? I'd just ask a rep anyway, because seriously.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/ ... om-otakon/

To quote wrestlin': "Fuck this company."

I mean, they're not done with redubbing yet?

No Q&A, they pushed it to the wire. Also, pretty clear they didn't know much. I should bug 'me at the booth tomorrow on principle, though.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:24 pm

@Bagheera: I see. Please do if you can. For the good of EGF! :gendoscheme:

I totally understand there's probably tons of legal behind the scenes stuff they can't mention to the public, but it is frustrating all the same.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Finally getting a U.S. release of Haruhi on blu-ray will be killer. The movie looked so good on blu, getting the series will match it in awesomeness.

I already own both versions of Bebop on DVD (the limited Bandai box-set and the Remix singles), and can't wait to double-dip (triple dip?) for the blu. This is my all-time favorite anime. The only question is what will the different premium editions (Amazon vs. Funi exclusive) entail? I won't buy both, so they better not screw us with extras or something.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Anime and Manga”