Rei I's death

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
feliwood
Embryo

Rei I's death

•      
  •      

Postby feliwood » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:33 pm

In an EoE flashback, when Naoko was strangling Rei, there was a quick flash of what appeared to be Kawrou's face. Is there any kind of explanation for this?
Only a complete and utter braggart, someone entirely obsessed with himself, would make a sig out of his own quote- feliwood

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:38 pm

Get some screen captures please.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:53 pm

It showed the link between Kaworu and Rei, aside from that, I don't know if it had any significance.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

feliwood
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby feliwood » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:36 pm

Esion- http://www.theotaku.com/evangelion/pictures/art/image_42.jpg was the pic of kawrou, don't know what else to show.
Only a complete and utter braggart, someone entirely obsessed with himself, would make a sig out of his own quote- feliwood

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:23 pm

I think it's supposed to tie together the fact that in his mind, Shinji was killing Asuka the way Naoko killed Rei and the way he killed Kaoru. The strangling is a secondary context, especially since Eva can't really strangle a tiny human-sized creature without destroying it completely. The point is in the pattern.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:04 pm

Nice observation Hexon.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:29 pm

I just saw that scene, but i didn't saw kaworu anywhere

Is the scene when Shinji strangles Asuka and then some scenes are shown of naoko strangling Rei I, and the eva 01 strangling the eva 03???
*insert cool signature here*

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:12 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I think it's supposed to tie together the fact that in his mind, Shinji was killing Asuka the way Naoko killed Rei and the way he killed Kaoru. The strangling is a secondary context, especially since Eva can't really strangle a tiny human-sized creature without destroying it completely. The point is in the pattern.

You're thinking of the wrong scene, which is partially the thread starter's fault. The image posted is actually from a scene in Death and Rebirth.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:41 am

When Dr. Akagi is strangling Asuka you can see Kaoru's face in Rei's eyes I believe...don't have a screen cap handy, sorry...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:12 pm

bp32 wrote:When Dr. Akagi is strangling Asuka you can see Kaoru's face in Rei's eyes I believe...don't have a screen cap handy, sorry...

Is it in the series? or in Death and Rebirth? or in EoE? tell me please !!!
I just saw the series, and i saw this image:
But i don't think that you are reffering to this one, because if you are, then you are all crazy.
*insert cool signature here*

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:58 am

Pretty sure it is in Death and Rebirth during the scene were Rei gets strangled to death--sorry, I don't have time to go back right now and look for a vid capture right now--let me see if I can find it later...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Cyanna
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cyanna » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:04 am

*googles*

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/A5/02/Arikanime/48/787.jpg

That's the picture you're talking about. It's too small to see the figure in her eyes but his face is in there. You can kinda make it out if you look closely enough. It's the same as the flashed picture in the opening of the Kaworu sketchy image on red.

I know there is an enlarged version out there. I have seen it, I just can't remember where I found it. But the image is in widescreen so it's gotta come from one of the movies.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:34 am

I've never been entirely certain how to interpret that scene, but I've always thought of it as Rei forseeing the coming of the final messenger. There is a possiblity that she had at that point realized her angelic identity, and understood the relationship between herself and Kaworu, not to mention that she was falling victim to, or allowing her self to fall victim to the same fate as Kaworu.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”