[LAEM] Goofy idea I got rewatching episode 8

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

V
Banned

Goofy idea I got rewatching episode 8

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 pm

Everyone remember the fan club that was forming around Asuka in episode 8?

Well I got this goofy idea which I think might work in a "tongue-in-cheek" manner in the live action movie series:

Actually have a formal "Asuka Fan Club" develop, in-story, sort of as a joke about real life Eva fan factions which will undoubtedly develop.

I mean you know how Kensuke is basically a bit of self-parody because he's a military and anime geek who loves giant robots and is now living out his dream.

I mean basically, it would be really funny if by like the second movie, rival "fan clubs" form around the Evangelions. The largest by far would be the "Asuka/Eva 02 fan club", there would be a smaller "Rei fan club", and then....well Eva 01 would have a large fan club but there wouldn't be a fan club for Shinji himself (loser)

I know its goofy but I mean play around with the idea; i.e. have the "Asuka Fan Club" wearing "02" arm bands and t-shirts and cheering when Asuka destroys and Angel in the news, basically treating it like a big real life video game (and then the whole thing tragically stops when Eva 03 gets torn apart)

Well, some VARIANT of this at least. Come to think of it, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for there to be "Shinji fans" because he's the unpopular loner, and there might be a "Rei is hot" fanclub but she doesn't even speak to people......Okay, better idea is that LOGICALLY, people would form fan clubs around the Evangelion units (much like Kensuke)

I dunno, but episode 8 just had me thinking "wouldn't it be great if, just as in real life people debate "which is cooler, eva 01 or 02?" they had the school kids doing that IN STORY.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:48 pm

how bout the "we feel sorry for Shinji" club? That'd be pretty cool if people showed up to the theaters in their own respective "faction" apparel.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

V
Banned

Postby V » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:58 pm

No, no, thinking more on it it would be an in-movie, "Evangelion Unit fanclubs" thing, not related to the pilots.

I mean basically kids would go "wow, Eva 01 is cool....and yeah there's that Shinji kid in it"....this is just playing around with stuff ALREADY in the series; i.e. kids like Kensuke and the others think the Evas are cool, but the pilots are either shy or total recluses....except for Asuka, who would probably go to like in-movie "Eva 02 parties" and such.

Look, it might be good as a 2 minute joke.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Tokpile Quohog

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 am

stuff like that in movie would be sorta lame and time consuming. Besides, Evas aren't really public stuff.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

V
Banned

Postby V » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:55 am

yeah I just saw something kind of similar as a gag on another series once

***better to just have the informal group of kids obsessing over Asuka as in the series
Who is "Codename V"?....

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”