[DOUJINSHI] Re-Take

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:30 pm

Rei's suicide made me cry like a little girly man.

I'm curious, did anyone else think that the universe EoEShinji came to occupy was a parallel earth of the Manga Universe?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Never got that impression but never read the manga, either.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Well it's very weird : the fact Shinji came back after the 12th Angel and the reference to the wanking scene means that we're supposed to be in the animeverse, but a lot of elements from the manga appears too, such as some places like NERV's garden or the aquarium, the reference to Kaji's past (he never told it to Shinji in the anime), or more subtly Shinji's t-shirt being the one from the manga.

All of this makes me think that the AU where the story happens is a sort of mix of the anime and the manga.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well it's very weird : the fact Shinj came back after the 12th Angel and the reference to the wanking scene means that we're supposed to be in the animeverse, but a lot of elements from the manga appears too, such as some places like NERV's garden or the aquarium, the reference to Kaji's past (he never told it to Shinji in the anime), or more subtly Shinji's t-shirt being the one from the manga.

All of this makes me think that the AU where the story happens is a sort of mix of the anime and the manga.

Given that the manga's often thought to fill out the NGE continuity in places where the two don't conflict that's not terribly surprising.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:12 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well it's very weird : the fact Shinj came back after the 12th Angel and the reference to the wanking scene means that we're supposed to be in the animeverse, but a lot of elements from the manga appears too, such as some places like NERV's garden or the aquarium, the reference to Kaji's past (he never told it to Shinji in the anime), or more subtly Shinji's t-shirt being the one from the manga.

Yeah I thought the Rei flashback scene where she talks about the warmth she felt from the tea was from the manga. Also Shinji's eyes were brown in Re-Take just like in the manga.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 9:05 pm

I liked it, IDK if i liked it better than the anime. I did like Shinji and Asuka romance though also the part where kaworu dies whoa didn't see that coming
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 9:11 pm

^
You didn't expect to see him die in this version or you didn't expect him to die like that?
SPOILER: Show
Shinji's decision to kill Kaworu came way too easily.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 pm

^ Lol I didn't expect him to die like that.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 10:02 pm

^
SPOILER: Show
Kinda reminded me how Unit 01 did Gendo in :lol:

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 10:17 pm

Anyway i don't understand how people keep saying Asuka is out of character in Re-Take. Just bc she isn't always mad and yelling at Shinji doesn't mean she is OoC. IMO that makes her more believable. If she was mad all the time that would just be stupid. I understand the whole "I been alone all my life and don't need anyone else" but thats just her learning to grow up. Its like when a real person gets pissed off and goes on saying "fuk the world, i don't need this" and in hour or day guess what there back to normal.If they made her like they did in the manga or the anime, what would be the point of it.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 10:22 pm

Maybe it's due to how fast she admits she likes Shinji? They get intimate way too fast. She also seems okay having a child when in the anime she says she doesn't want any. Everything just happens way too fast, they needed to slow it down a bit and by bit I mean a lot.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 pm

^ Maybe, but in the anime she drops a hint to Shinji in like the 2nd or 3rd episode after she meets him that she likes him. Plus Shinji says he loves her and for someone as damaged as Asuka im pretty sure that's all Shinji needed to do to reel her in.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 pm

^
That is very much true but only if you go by the interpretation that she wasn't just messing with him.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 10:42 pm

^ I see what your saying. Dammit, thats why we retelling from Rei and Asuka's Pov

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 11:08 pm

^
Care to explain Good Sir? I didn't understand that too well.

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 11:14 pm

I meant thats why we need retellings from Asuka and Rei's point of view

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 pm

^
Oh, that makes sense bro. We only get a few peeks into their minds compared to Shinji but then again he is the main character.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:44 am

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:^ Lol I didn't expect him to die like that.

That scene was here to show how much Shinji crossed the Despair Horizon : Asuka was the only thing that kept his sanity in one piece, and her death made him become a second Gendo.

Besides Kaworu was an Angel, so he probably rationalized that since he'll have to kill him sooner or later, better take the opportunity to steal his S2 Organ for EVA-01.
The most frightening is how cold-blooded and in control he was first by luring Kaworu into witnessing the activation test with a pleasant smile, and then calmly explaining to Misato that he's about to devour Kaworu.

As for Asuka, well the doujin has a lot of time skips, for example after Zeruel, Shinji didn't ended absorbed inside EVA-01, so he spent that month living his relationship with Asuka (which began with their first time a day after Zeruel)
But in terms of what we see, yes the pacing is too fast.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Has anyone translated the all ages version of the sequel Doujin yet?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 am

Isn't that just one page?

Return to “Fan Works”