[LAEM] ReBuild and Manga influences on Live Action?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

ReBuild and Manga influences on Live Action?

Postby master0rolando » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:01 pm

We have no idea whats happening with Live Action right now...either they've done absolutely nothing or they've done a good job of keeping it hidden...

ReBuild is supposed to come out in September, so by now they must have the story, new stuff, and basically a ton of the stuff done...but we have seen absolutely nothing...

so that leads me to believe that Live Action is waiting for ReBuild to come out before they really get going...

i think that a lot of the ideas from ReBuild will be translated into Live Action...

another thing im wondering about is if pieces that are just in the manga will be in Live Action...

like the Rei x Shinji, tea scene...Kaworu x Kitten scene...Shinji tries to punch Gendo and such...

How far would Kaworu appear in Live Action?...it may depend on how soon he comes in ReBuild...theyll probly go with that since it will be the 2/3 option...

also...what about the new character...if they tried to make any type of storyboard for Live Action now, that would blow it down wouldnt it?...

also...could they be considering Mana or Mayumi as characters or just a cameo in Live?...or even ReBuild?...

not to mention that the final Rebuild film should come out around the time that Live Action should be well under way...if they go the ReBuild way then that ending could go wild and totally destroy the project...

or they could go the safe way and just follow the original anime storyline...but then what if ReBuild is 10x betta?

its seems like its sort of impossible to get started on Live Action until ReBuild is finished...

...now that i think of it...its awfully interesting timing fro Anno to decide to do Eva again out of the blue...

you don't think hes trying to sabotage the storyline of Live Action by making wild changes with ReBuild?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Personally, I'd just like to see Live Action EVA not happen.

As for REBUILDS effect on LAE? Most likely a live action would either just take that story in its entirerty and use that.
Or they'd go a different route and simplify everything to such mundane extremes that Eva officially becomes the story of Shia LaBeouf getting in a giant Toy and fighting the badguys.

If anything I'd say whoever's trying to get EVA off the ground is waiting to see how TRANSFORMERS does. The success of that film will hint whether everyday American JoBlo is interested in seeing giant robots go wild on the big screen (that is how they'll sell it. "From the Assistant Set Director of TRANSFORMERS").
So if TRANSFORMERS hits big on its opening weekend, expect the announcment of AMERIC-EVA 1 for a fast track release of Summer 2009.
If it flops, then expect AMERIC-EVA 1 to remain one of those 'stuck in rumored hell" films until its butchered and thrown out half assed like the son of Alien VS. Predator-another bad movie idea

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:20 pm

I forgot about that Transformers movie.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:45 pm

The live action film is dead. I seriously doubt it will come back. If Transformers does well, Eva Live Action still won't immediately happen. They'll do more accessible franchises like Gundam first. If that has success, then they may go to Eva.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:35 pm

[sarcasm] Not before live action Lupin III is made! :P

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:56 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:[sarcasm] Not before live action Lupin III is made! :P

Guess what?
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:20 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Guess what?
:shock: Hooooooooooooooly schnikes!! Is this for real?! (If so, I stand corrected.) When did this happen? AND WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?!?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:40 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:Guess what?
:shock: Hooooooooooooooly schnikes!! Is this for real?! (If so, I stand corrected.) When did this happen? AND WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?!?

I believe it happened in 1974.
Awesomely Shitty

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Damn! I will have to go find that on Amazon or somewhere later.

[EXTREME SARCASM WARNING!] So, is there a live action Furi Kuri out there that no has told me about too?! No, no, let me guess. It stars, Lindsey Lohan as Haruko and Haley Joel Osment as Naota! (Somebody photoshop that mental picture quick! Seriously though, I would love to see that, especially the "manga-style" scenes and the airsoft "war" sequence.) And there's probably also a live action Kana: Little Sister hidden away on some BitTorrent site too, huh?!

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”