The Spears

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:50 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I'm of the opinion that they just crawled down through the crack in the ground (that we later see them climbing out of), waited for the barrier to break (or found it already broken) and then attacked. We see planes in the crevice Mari is hiding in so it could conceivably have led aboveground at some point. We also see that she's placed down a recharge pod, some other gear and what I think could be some kind of handhold/rock-climbing thingamajig hammered into the wall:

SPOILER: Show

So it is logical to assume that they entered through there and set up a mini-camp rather than entering via the main shaft, super-jumping to the top of the room and then planting all their stuff there.

Hey , i added some light here
SPOILER: Show

Hope it helps comprehension , sorry about killing the red background ^^

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:58 pm

I can't remember if it has been brought up before...probably has been...but what if the 4 spears are "entangled"? ie at all times there can only be 2 Longinus and 2 Cassius. Or maybe each pair is always 1 Cassius and 1 Longinus?

Suppose one Cassius and one Longinus are sealed inside Central Dogma. If someone gets their hands on the Longinus that is outside Dogma and induces it to morph into a Cassius then the Cassius inside Dogma would be induced to morph into a Longinus. The barrier is never breached but the conspirators would know what's up...
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:He probably didn't. My guess is that the Lance changed from one form to the other of its own accord, and that Gendo knew enough about how they work to suspect that might happen. All he had to do was seal off CD and let nature take its course.

Maybe gendo used mark 6 (remember the first preview of Q , we see the robot descending )
he could have used it with another pilot or whenever and do the shit
anyway like Mariachi said , we can't know for sure , i think both theories kind work

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:17 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I can't remember if it has been brought up before...probably has been...but what if the 4 spears are "entangled"? ie at all times there can only be 2 Longinus and 2 Cassius. Or maybe each pair is always 1 Cassius and 1 Longinus?

It's implied in the Second Impact flashback that there are actually 3 LoL and one LoC :
[wkimg]File:Eva2-22 C0402B comp.jpg[/wkimg]

The spear on the forefront has a "scrwy" handle, like the other two LoL in the background, and the last spear on the bottom of the image has a smooth handle, like the LoC.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:55 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It's implied in the Second Impact flashback that there are actually 3 LoL and one LoC :

The spear on the forefront has a "scrwy" handle, like the other two LoL in the background, and the last spear on the bottom of the image has a smooth handle, like the LoC.

It just looks like that because it's farther off. The "screwiness" of the handle in the foreground isn't anything like the other two, and if you look closely the bottom spear has some "screwiness" of its own.
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:02 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It's implied in the Second Impact flashback that there are actually 3 LoL and one LoC :

Do you think that each device (lance of ...) is affiliated to one Adams ?
(there is 4 adams too , maybe that was their weapons before)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:54 pm

^
The the four spears appeared in the 2I flash-back, it seems clear that each one of them were affiliated to an ADAM.
View Original PostBagheera wrote:It just looks like that because it's farther off. The "screwiness of the handle in the foreground isn't anything like the other two, and if you look closely the bottom spear has some "screwiness" of its own.

Let's agree to disagree then.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:36 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Let's agree to disagree then.

It's not a matter of opinion, though -- the one in the foreground and the bottom one are quite obviously not like the other two, so the notion that we're looking at three and one is a non-starter.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:50 am

^
That's why I said to agreed to disagree : you see that the one on the foreground is different from the two LoL on the background, not me, you can see the indentation formed by a "screwy" handle on the borders :

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:42 am

Also, the diagonal twists are clearly visible on that shaft. I think I can see hints of them on the fourth shaft as well, though, so I suggest that there is no clear conclusion to be drawn about the types of the spears whose ends aren't shown.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:47 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Also, the diagonal twists are clearly visible on that shaft. I think I can see hints of them on the fourth shaft as well, though, so I suggest that there is no clear conclusion to be drawn about the types of the spears whose ends aren't shown.

The top spears also seem to lose their twists once you get past the first third or so, so rather than two and two or three and one I think we might be looking at four of the same thing. We're just looking at different parts of all of them.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 am

^
But then from where the spear of Cassius comes from? it and the giant that would later become Mark.06 landed on the Moon as a consequence of Second Impact, so that mean that at least one of the four spears was a Cassius no?

The only way I could see it happen so the four spears in 2I were LoL is that the one who landed on the Moon somehow morphed into a LoC, but since we don't have any idea of how these damned spears morph from one type to another...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:10 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
But then from where the spear of Cassius comes from? it and the giant that would later become Mark.06 landed on the Moon as a consequence of Second Impact, so that mean that at least one of the four spears was a Cassius no?

They all are. They can be Longinus or Cassius depending on how they're used, which is how a LoC became a LoL in Q.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 am

^
And we come back on what I say : we don't know how a LoL can become a LoC and vice-versa. Kaworu's panicked reaction at seeing the supposed LoC morphed into a LoL suggests that it's impossible, or at least nigh impossible, to turn it back into a LoC.

Damn that constant lack of information is to make you crazy! :headbash:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 am

No, it suggests he doesn't understand how they work. No reason he'd know more than anyone else, really.

What we know is that it happened. All that's left is the why.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:48 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No reason he'd know more than anyone else, really.

He's an Angel, the First even so shouldn't he be between the more knowledgeable people about all these technologies?
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 am

Why would he? He probably knows little beyond what Seele and Gendo tell him.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 am

^
I don't know, some Seed of Life instinctive knowledge hardcoded in his soul or something like that? -o-;

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:27 am

We don't even know if that applies this time around. He's an angel, but is he related to the Adams? Do seeds even exist in the ENT? We don't know. That means Kaworu is basically a cipher at this point, same as most of the alien shit in the movies.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 am

Well, the Black Moon exists and Lilith was identified as the source of life in Earth, so for her at least the SoL lore still applies.

Fore the rest... yeah : see the post about maddening lack of informations and headbashes above! :lol:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”