Anno voicing the main character in Miyazaki's upcoming film

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

Guess what got nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 86th Academy Awards

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawa ... inees.html
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Guess what got nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 86th Academy Awards

Maybe if it wins Anno will retire on top, and we'll never get FINAL. :wink:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Guess what got nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 86th Academy Awards

When will Anno get nominated for Best Animated Feature.......?

Maybe some day..... ;__;

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:45 pm

I wonder if Miyazaki or Suzuki will actually show up. I know he didn't show up back when he actually won it in 2003 because of America's involvement in the Middle East.

Now that we're pulling ourselves out, I wonder if he'll go, since it will be his last hurrah as a feature film director and all. Maybe Anno will show up and accept the award on his behalf if he wins, omg that would be epic and hysterical.

Honestly, I don't think he's gonna go, and Lasseter will be the one accepting the award if he does win.
Speaking of, this is probably the first time that a Pixar film wasn't even nominated for a best animated film oscar, lol.

Honestly, they're probably gonna give it to Frozen, because it's teh safe choice
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I really don't know what to expect, I haven't seen Kaze Tachinu but it doesn't look like it's aimed at children and I don't know if this is an advantage or a disadvantage for this particular award.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Honestly, they're probably gonna give it to Frozen, because it's teh safe choice

I have to agree. While the Wind Rises does have a dark horse chance because its main selling point is that it's Miyazaki's last film, the Academy will give it to Frozen, not only because it is a safe choice, but it will be the film that Disney will lobby to the voters (as TWR will also be released by them). If that happens, there could be a good chance that the Academy will give Miyazaki a honorary award two or three years down the road.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:55 pm

The Wind Rises is a wonderful film.

But the award will go to Frozen. It's slowly becoming a mega-blockbuster & Disney is gonna push hard to support that. Especially since the film will be hitting Blu-Ray not long after the Oscars & they want those BD sales.

Disney is not going to campaign so hard for their secondary market film that won't make 5% of what Frozne has in the US even if it over performs by 100%.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:43 am

It better not go to Despicable Me 2 or that'd be BS. Frozen looked ok but I haven't seen it yet. Wouldn't it be neat to see a movie that wasn't the standard 21st century western 3d Disney/Pixar style win this award. You know, one that actually looked hard to make. :tongue: The winners of the animated shorts generally look more interesting to me 3d or not. Although I will say The Incredibles and Up were awesome and very deserving of wining.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 am

Let's have discussion continue here:

thread/15499/The-Wind-Rises/

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”