Your first thoughts on initially watching NGE.

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Maybe I should write a fanfic where Shinji and Rei defeat Armisael without Unit 00 blowing up, but Shinji ends up with a little mini-Rei were his right hand used to be, in the fashion of Midori Days.

"Well, I'm sure glad that's over, aren't-"

*squeakily* "Hello, Ikari-kun!" *waves*

[Shinji has fainted!]

Believe it or not, that one's been approached already. I can't find it or even clearly remember the title, but I know I read it some years ago (probably like 2006 or 2007). But it's not quite like you were thinking, though: it was Shinji finding himself shrunk down and becoming Asuka's hand (from the usual NERV/Angel/whatever-related hijinks).

...y'know, thinking back on it now, that just makes it so much worse.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Yeah, I mean, imagine any time she has to use the bathroom. Or schlick. Or change into her plugsuit. Or do anything involving her body.

LegionWrex
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby LegionWrex » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Episodes 1-2: Ok, this is pretty cool. Awesome backstory, cool robots, hot chick... this is going to be one awesome show. ^_^

Episode 3-4: Not as much action as I thought there would be... but still engaging. I like the characters, I just wished there were more Angel fights. :)

Episodes 5-6: DAMN. Now is what I'm talking about! :peace:

Episode 7: Great. Filler in a 26-episode anime... :rolleyes:

Episode 8: More awesome Angel fights, plus the hottest anime chick ever, Asuka Langley-Soryu :drool:

Episodes 9-14: The show is kinda getting a bit predictable and repetitive... :bored: At least the characters are likable...

Episode 15: The animation is starting to get worse... this doesn't bode well. :scared:

Episode 16: Well. That was... FRIGGIN AMAZING! :jiggy: THIS IS ONE THE BEST COMEBACKS FOR A SHOW I'VE SEEN!!! WHOO!!!

Episodes 17-20: Wow. That was intense shit right there. I'm going to hide now... :chair:

Episode 21: Kaji NO!!! :spout: (I legit cried when Misato started playing the answering machine. I was a wreck.)

Episodes 22-24: What does it all mean? :chinscratch: Could the show represent the fragility of the human condition? Is it a metaphor for depression? Does God truly exist? AM I A OCTOPUS?

Episodes 25-26: What the... :headdesk:

End of Evangelion: :scanners_head:
"....Bang." -Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
"Shorty?!? Can a shorty do this?!?" -Edward Elric (FMA)
"I've had many lives, many faces. But there is one face I try to forget..." -The Doctor (Doctor Who)
"So say we all!" -Admiral Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
"The only impossible is impossibility!" -Phineas Flynn (Phineas and Ferb)
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" -Eric Cartman (South Park)

#1 Hanabro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby #1 Hanabro » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 am

There is a four part process to the reaction of my watching of Eva.

Step 1, episodes 1-5: Oh this looks cool, kinda reminds me of Big O.

Step 2, episode 6 and onward: Rei! Rei! Rei! <3

Step 3, episode 23: NOOOO! REIIIII!!!!! </3

Step 4, episodes 24-26: Ah good, Rei is ok. All is right with the world.

I'm mostly joking, but that's the general gist of it.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 am

View Original PostLegionWrex wrote:Episode 21: Kaji NO!!! :spout: (I legit cried when Misato started playing the answering machine. I was a wreck.)

After bein an EVA fan for so long, you kinda get used to him being the dead guy and forget that it used to be this huge mystery/shock/plot twist...

Don't get me wrong, the pilot girls never get old, and the public needed 20 years to properly digest/appreciate Shinji, but Kaji needs more love/ intellectual attention.

View Original PostLegionWrex wrote:
Episodes 22-24: What does it all mean? :chinscratch: Could the show represent the fragility of the human condition? Is it a metaphor for depression? Does God truly exist? AM I A OCTOPUS?

LCL is people!

View Original Post#1 Hanabro wrote:Rei! Rei! Rei! <3

The world needs more people like you. :rei_blush:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

#1 Hanabro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby #1 Hanabro » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 am

Oops... that 3 was supposed to be a heart.

Yeah, Kaji does say some awesome things. In one of the later episodes, he says something like "Kindness is not weakness" or something while watering his plants. I was like, awesome stuff man.

And I'm probably not the only person that dreams up/wonders how Rei would perform in a romantic relationship of her own. Like wow, the things she would become if only she were desired more! :D :rei_blush:

Some of my favorite Rei moments... "Why don't you try smiling?" as well as the hardcore blush after Shinji said she'd make a good mother. DAMN RIGHT Shinji, he knows what I'm thinking! :lol:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 am

View Original Post#1 Hanabro#705165"]Oops... that 3 was supposed to be a heart.

Yeah, for some reason this forum doesn't like "greater than" sighns, maybe because ppl did too many best girl jokes with them or something.

[quote="#1 Hanabro wrote:
Like wow, the things she would become if only she were desired more! :D :rei_blush:

You'll find this is if not universal, then quite widespread throughout the blue team.

It's like the fandom, or some bits of it, decided to compensate for her lack of in-universe appreciation.

She's just there, going through life, taking in things, thinking her thoughts, feeling her feelings and asking her questions in silence, and no one sees her, even she doesn't believe its particularly valuable or even peripherally relevant that she is there - after all, she functions and doesn't give them any trouble, right?
She's not complaining, readilly giving up all of herself without a second thought...

Some people kind of catch a glance, or show a well-meaning disposition like, say, Misato or Kensuke, but they can only have said to have peripherally grazed the lonely, sad and unfulfilled sphere of her existence...

But in the end, of course, her life and feelings played a direct and important role in what became of the world. It's not a revenge, or compensation, or something she got to profit from, but it IS meaning.

#1 Hanabro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby #1 Hanabro » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:08 am

:rei_blush: lol I read on her wiki that she started the whole "moe" boom, I guess what I can say to that is I like mysterious girls that no one else seems to notice. My Username and avatar is another such girl that no one seems to care for, Hanako Ikezawa. There's some great fulfillment in seeing value and loving someone that no one else really pays attention to. It's like you have her all to yourself. And I could never complain with that.

My love for Rei is very pure like the kiss/hold/pick up and spin with her kind of feeling. She ranks pretty high up there in my list of anime loves. :D That's why I'm doing what I'm doing on another forum's roleplaying thread... The outcome however has yet to be seen.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 am

1. "The designs here are pretty appealing. Hopefully I'll see this one day." (Pre-show)

2. "I have no idea what on earth I saw...I must know the context of this." (Post-EOE)

3. "Well, that was...different." (Post-series)
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

InadequateSqueegee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby InadequateSqueegee » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Honestly, my first thoughts were "This is awesome. I've always wanted to get into anime," as foolish as that sounds. I was always apprehensive to instigate change in my preferences, so I was quite intimidated by the genre. I was ecstatic to find that, while watching the original NGE television series, I was thoroughly entertained. The dark style of the series was extremely alluring to me and I soon found I was marathoning it. After finishing the original television series, I finished EOE, and finally the rebuilds. The ambiguous ending to the original television series' ending did leave a bitter taste in my mouth, but overall I think that it was an enlightening experience piquing my interest in the genre, while also dashing the foolish preconceived notions of "what anime is" that I'd retained before. As my first "anime", I consider it a good starting point in my experience with the genre.
I think, therefore I am.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 am

I was pretty young when I saw it for the first time (around 6 I think) . . .So my prepubescent brain didn't really understand it.

So my first thoughts?

First seeing it:
A cartoon with naked chicks?

Few more Episodes:
I like the giant robots, but why aren't there any in this episode? Why are people sitting on chairs in the middle of nowhere?

Rebuild 1.11:

Hm. . . this is pretty good! Shinji's a bit of a wuss, but I'm sure he'll get better!

Rebuild 2.22:
WHY DIDN"T ANYONE TELL ME I WAS MISSING OUT? THIS IS AWESOME!

The Series and EOE 1st time:
:asuka_happy: :asuka_sad: :asuka_geh: :fuyu_facepalm:

Anno you despicable bastard! I'll never forgive you Shinji!

The Series and EOE 2nd time:

Anno you brilliant Genius! I've changed my mind! I love you Shinji!

Rebuild 3.33:
What. Just. Happened?
Last edited by Ray on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:30 am

View Original PostRay wrote:The Series and EOE 1st time:
Anno you despicable bastard! I'll never forgive you Shinji!

The Series and EOE 2nd time:

Anno you brilliant Genius! I've changed my mind! I love you Shinji!

...It's just one of these things you have to watch twice, ain't it?

I'm kind of waiting for the frequenters of certain boards to have that same experience with Q.
I sort of did.

So you actually saw the Rebuilds (well, the first half) first?

Please elaborate on that unique perspective. How did this influence your expectations and how far were they met?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:12 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:...It's just one of these things you have to watch twice, ain't it?

I never did. :heehee: Or to be more specific, my opinion and understanding were not significantly influenced by future viewings, which did not occur until years after the fact, and furthermore I've never actually sat down and watched the whole series through from start to finish in the proper order.

...Wait, I haven't? Whoa.

:bigeyes:

This, um... This is actually rather shocking to think about.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:40 am

And you're a mod? For shame, Monk! You must rectify the problem at once! Or after homework. Priorities, man. :shifty:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:31 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I never did. :heehee: Or to be more specific, my opinion and understanding were not significantly influenced by future viewings,

Well, some people are smart, I guess?

But the reaction of being confused the first time around is not... uncommon, at least, some things are clearly written to jump up at you when you rewatch, like basically everything Yui-related.

Of cource you can notice right away/ immediately think of what you saw previously and put it in context.

I didn't mean to say that it's impossible to get it the first time just because I didn't *apologizes*

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:So you actually saw the Rebuilds (well, the first half) first?

Please elaborate on that unique perspective. How did this influence your expectations and how far were they met?

Basically, I heard a lot about the show from my friends when I talked to them about the episodes I saw as a kid a few years later. Some said it was awesome. . .others said it sucked, and everyone agreed the ending was horrible (not sure if they were talking about EOE or the series). So I never really bothered to check it out. Y'know the usual complaints about Shinji and Asuka and 'the fistful of baby batter"? So. . .yeah. . .I decided to avoid the show.

Basically, the way they drummed up how horrible it was, I was expecting "Passion of the Christ" with giant Robots. But my curiousity was aroused "Is it really that bad?".

Then I saw 1.11 at my bookstore. . .So I decided to just buy it, watch it and get it over with.

I braced myself for the worst, and for what I was expecting. . .I was pleasantly surprised. It was surprisingly deep for an action movie, and Shinji was a very compelling, flawed, sympathetic, if somewhat unlikeable hero, and I LOVED Misato. Expectations met and exceeded.

Then 2.22 came out. . . and I got one of the best action movies I'd seen in years, with fight scenes, fanservice, espionage, character development, a badass cliffhanger. Even my friends who hated Eva said they liked it. Expectations met and exceeded.

Of course the suspense killing me and wanting to know what happened next, I checked out the series proper, thinking my friends were wrong about the show. How foolish I was. The show and EOE depressed me to no end. It was so sad, and tragic, and depressing. Expectations. . . high. Actual product? Uh. . .whats the best comparison? It wasn't BAD, it was compelling. . .but it still really upset me and ticked me off.

Basically for me, Rebuild was a Sugar-high, the original series was a crash and a hangover after the party ended that you didn't want, but needed. (you could say the same about 3.0 I suppose)

Also. . . I KNEW the scene in the hospital room was coming, but it still made me sick and angry. . .but the ending was just a psychedelic beautiful and horrifying rendition of the end of the world, i could really appreciate it. Even if I couldn't love it because of "The baby-batter scene". I put everything eva away for a while waiting for 3.0.

Then I heard the news about 3.0 and how it p*ssed everyone off, and I rewatched the series again. . .and I really appreciated it and realized it was intended to be tragic, and I really began to love it.

stern
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby stern » Sat May 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Almost all train, nature or silence scenes: "This is a very avant-aguard thing, like a french movie from the 70's..."
“I wanted only to try to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?”
― Hermann Hesse, Demian

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 am

First of all i have to say ... i watched this tv-show when i was little (presumably around 7-8) boy so back in 1999 or so. I lost my mum years before and was a "strange" little boy. My dad were busy with work and in Germany Anime's in generel weren't so popular. We got a american channel on our satellite receiver and it was called "cartoon network". Back then i watched a the local channels something like Dragonball. But then the evening program (at CN) was something like DBZ, NGE and Cowboy Bebop or did i actually halluzinating :headscratch: (i dont know if it was VOX or so on but i remember certain aspects of Cowboy Bebop and NGE). I watched lots of this stuff like AKIRA in the evening. I was sooo scared sometimes but ... i did take care of myself. So then NGE came ... i watched E7 was like ... "hey this is so cool". I knew E8 back then and was like "this is soooo mean". I continue watching the show and was a little bit traumatized (i watched the show on the english dub and didn't understand a thing). But the good point is i forgot most of the part. So i lived happily ever after and made up my life. I read Nietzsche, Goethe ... extended my school, gettin' bullied and so on. In the meantime i watched not much animes or so. I thought this was somethin like cartoons. I didn't know that Dragonball was meant as Anime. So years passed and i watched Death Note. And i was like: "Animes are awesome!". I continue watching some animes with mah best buddys and so on. But then i got my diploma from my highschool and i was like: "dayum workz sux". So i extended to school and made some good grades. That was about 2-3 years ago. So i thought about university and i was like "yeah". I met my current gf and she had 2 buddys they were total anime-geeks. They were currently on a trip of NGE. They said it would be hiliarious and it would be awesome. I walked home and buyed the DVD of the actual show. I didn't know for what i should spend my money. :lol: If you ask me ... smart decision.

So the box arrived and i was not that exicited. Death Note was kinda good and satisfying. I only brought it because a buddy of my gf suggest it. So yeah ... and here starts the best part of my story - i'll take the rebuild into account because i' dont want to post it on a seperate thread:

E1: Yeah i get it. Stereotypical start of an Mecha-Anime. I watched Gundam (Wing and many more and i disliked them). Mhhh, Shinji Ikari ... i bet this will be some sort of greenhorn defeats threat to humankind. End of the episode - lol launched Evangelion Unit 01 this is what im talking about. But something is strange ... i think i knew this kid and this big god damn robot.
E2: Lol, why the hell is he in the hospital? For god sake ... first plothole. Ahhh, i get it ... this not sorta mecha-anime, fine. End of the episdoe - well that escaleted quickly. I think im growing to like this kid, Ikari Shinji-kun.
E3: I did not except such classmates as jerk's. Well kinda have some similiar experience but still this kid - he is kinda strange. But who the heck is this blue haired chick? Fellow pilot ... possible couple. She is also pretty unknown.
E4: Misato, Kensuke, Toji ... guys go and find Shinji together. And Misato god dang it ... you are supposed to be the mature woman ... why did Ritsuko have to tell you that? puaaah, thank godness he doesnt leave the town.
E5: Well that explained much more of the Rei in the first episode. Ahhh now i get it. Then the acciedent in Rei's apartment. That was awkward. And then how she take her ID-card out of his hand ... rude. But the end of the episode was like - wow im impressed ... cooked alive. Pretty dark start for a mecha ... nice i like it.
E6: Awww Shinji. I know this is not what you and i excepted. I think im going to quit this mess of a anime. Then booom! Rei shows up and mans up! :butbutbut: Shinji decides to pilot again. Nice move puppy-kun. And nice rescure of Rei ... AWWWW THIS FEELINGS!!! -o-;
E7: Except it. Conspiracy ... and many more ... (started to rewatch the episodes with the SEELE meeting) ... gloomy premise. Nice work ... not the best episode but still. Then i paused here and looked for other movies, tv-shows and found EoE, RoE and so on. I thought this would be some sort of a seperate movie ... and i never thinked about it.

So i was a little bit stunned after the first 6 episodes. This was actually a good show so far. I thought Rei and Shinji end up together and imagined something along those lines. I thought Shinji will man up and level up to the point where he becomes something like a softer Heero Yuy. I knew that a third pilot would coming and i knew from episode 7 that i watched the show when i was little. Everytime i hear the OST of the first half of the tv-show i feel like am back in 1999 or earlier. So nostalgic like the late '90. Damn i like this feeling. The opening is still on my mp3 player today ...

E8: FJKHKJFHDJKLDHDKLSHEERMND ... god dayum! The redhead ... i knew her ... the name ... A-A-A-a something with A. This mean little stupid brat. I thought about why Shinji didn't praise her piloting skills and her Eva but fine. She was mean anyway. So fuck' her ... she isn't worth it.
E9: Dance Dance Dance ... Jerkass-pride-sama Asuka ... god ... why Shinji? Im not going to like Asuka ... thats for sure.
E10: Shinji you fucking bastard ... that was nice! You manliest hero ever ... dayum im gonna like Shinji!!!
E11 - 14: Thats what i dont want to see. Except maybe E14 with the SEELE meeting. More Conspiracy!!! Little bit of fan service! Misatos tragic backround story *thumbs up*. This was okay ... not as good as i except.
E15: Yeah well the story of Misato&Kaji was predictable ... but Misato made herself really likable ... just like Kaji this damn bastard. He kisses Misato to stfu ... nice work! - WHAT! Asuka why you (sexual) molesting mah Shinji. Why did you do that. He is sooooo cute!!!!! GOD DANG IT!!! Now you stole his first kiss for what? Try to be that good? Rei should received it ... she was even more blushing!
E16: At the start of the episode i was like: YEAH Shinji DO IT! You are awesome. At the end of the episode i was like - awwww com'n Shinji you can do it! Asuka man the fuck up and tell Shinji you like him. Rei KISS IKARI-KUN! DAMN IT!
E17 - E18: Now shit hit the fence. I knew from the beginning Toji would be the big damn 4th Child. Again some scene with Asuka, where i wanted to slap her. Kaji stays over at Misatos apartment ... why didn't Asuka bother it? Why is she soooo god damn creepy? Kaji is her favorite! For god sake Melons? :facepalm: Nah, its okay Kaji is still pretty darn cool even if he is somehow a villian just like SEELE. Asuka and Hikari talking about boys. Hikari seems to like Toji and kinda like Shinji too for being such a nice boy. I thought that too. But then Asuka again? She is a dork. She tells everyone that she would be rather dead than be with him ... this girl ... you know. *SLAP the Shit out of Asuka*
While i watched till this i wonderd where Rei as been. She got so much less screentime. But okay. As long as she not get killed of for good. Toji nearly killed? God i think this is going to dark ... :uhh:

E19 - E21: Shinji go back to your teacher ... you had enough. Misato is a jerk for not telling. Asuka ... if you really like him ... go to him an say it that you like him. Rei kiss Ikari-kun. DO IT NOW! Bye Bye Shinji that was a nice time with you ... and don't let it bother you ... :wink: your heart will go on. What ANGERU? - i gotta bad feeling about this. And still i had these feelings that nothing is gonna be alright. The angel makes everything shitty and Asuka showed us how much she has to relate on Puppy-kun. *slow clap* Asuka you fuckin' piece of shit. She made a badass move but she is weak alone. That is what i gonna like only about Shikinami later on. The only thing i liked about Shikinami was this thing - she admit to Misato that she has to relate on Shinji-kun. "Move you stupid piece of junk ... everyone'll die if you dont move ... and this will be all my fault" - sucks to be you. NOOOH Shinji!!! YEAH!!! Shinji safes the day and unlocked a new achievement. MAMA-BEAR!!! WAIT WHAT THE FUCKING HECK?!?!?! Why does the mother of Shinji looks like Rei. Anno i have a bad feeling about this. Ahhh okay ... Fuyutsuki had something going on with his student ... :chuckles: sugoi sugoi sugoi. Ahhh there he is immature!Gendo. Ahhh he is something like Asuka ... i get it. Ahhh Naoka Akagi - proofed herself as Yandere. Nice way of telling ... instant started to like Ritsuko Akagi. Wait Kaji what are you doing? Kaji-san stop molesting mah feelings. No, wait ... this isn't what i wanted. NOOOOH!!!! Kaji -o-; :scared: :crybaby: God help us all ... he was kinda a villian and he betrayed everyone only to take Misato into a more "jerk-search-for-the-truth"-mode. Meanwhile Shinji in his mother. "I think i like them ... i want to live!" - core poops out Puppy-kun. Ahhh FFS!! Preview to E22: Nononoononononononononoono. I dont like Asuka very much ... yeah ... but still stop killing characters Anno.

E22: Now we got it. Asuka ... you dont have to be mean. *Mindfuck happens* IM SORRY Asuka!!! Shinji even if you are still paralyzed ... pls hug her pls. Comfort her ... Misato is to dumb and to "shota"-like to see if she cares. Where is Hikari if she is needed. Hikari ... there is important business. Shinji pls try to understand Asuka. (still he wanted to spare Asuka this mindfuck - but Gendo had better scenario). First despair event horizon for me. This was :irked: Preview for E23: NO! NO! WTF! NO! Why? Its some sort of sick joke right? Ahhhh f*ck it! I see Asuka molested Shinji for her amusement ... i kinda regret what i said about her. LAS hell yeah!!!

E23: Rei is not going to die. Rei is not going to die. I musn't run away ... I musn't run away ... [repeat this for 2min]. Okay the episode starts. Okay this Angel looks awful. He dont seem to be dangerous...WTF! Did he penetrate Rei? Asuka! WE NEED YOU! Shinjis Unit 01 dont get used i know it. *Asuka shows up but Unit 02 dont move an inch* ahhhh ... yeah he is going to kill of Rei. Yeah. She seems to be a clone or something if Naoko killed her. Rei I,II,III seems to be symbolic. :facepalm: Why did the good people die first? Rei is creepy, yes and she is somehow related to Puppy-kun, but still is this worth to kill her? Really com'n. Ritsuko-san what the heck you are doing? Naked? Ahhh WHAT? I knew it ... i knew Rei was a clone ... and i knew this about Yui Ikari. DAMN!!!!!!!! Preview for E24: Someone his hanging around. Seeing kid!Asuka. Heart wrenching. What? There is the fifth Child? He is going to rescure Shinji? Nah, comn Rei is dead, Asuka ran away. Misato is a jerk. Kaji is dead. I need Penpen! He warms up Shinjis heart? Fine if you dont want to spare Asuka as possible comfort for Shinji ... im fine with Yaoi-shit-fuck-shit! Just get over with it! REALLY!!?? Anno ... dont tell me you are gay. *watched at Wikipedia.org - pfuah nope he is happily married ... fuckin luck*

E24: "Hey moma im gonna be eva pilot". AHHHH FUCK THIS SHOW SCREW IT!!! THIS IS GONNA BE THE LAST EPISODE!! God i hate it. I hate my life ... i hate myself for buying it. I hate my buddys. This is ... so depressing. Shinji i really like you ... you are the hero com'n go an search for Asuka. "I dont know where she is", AHHHH Shinji pls try it - ask Misato pls. O hey ... you must be the fifth child. Kaworu, huh? Another Bishónen ... mhhhh seems nice :hahaha: as long as he is not something like an Angel. SEELE's conspiracy is nice to look at ... i like this whole mystery stuff and the Double-Agent thingy ... nice scenario SEELE!!! "I really like you" why did Kaworu said it first. Now you stole Shinjis innocents ... he is fucking contaminated with YAOI!!! :facepalm: Ahhh as long as Shinji is going to be fine. Wait what? 400% sync rate? This guy sure is an Angel. (5mins later) Like i said. :facepalm: There are my hopes, dreams and feelings for NGE melting away. :sniffle: I kinda feel bad for Shinji. *killed Kaworu* i dont want to look this anymore. I thought the Angels and Humans could coexisting or Shinji would merge together with Lilith to become a Angel and helps everybody. SEELE is sure fucked up ... but the last sentence of Misato breaks my neck. After all what Shinji done for her and his dad ... this is the "thank you". FUCK Misato!!! FUCK YOU!!! :irked:

EoTV: Okay everything is fine. But how does the anime wants to fix things. *black screen* Ahhh okay. *several minutes later* Okay. *smashes the cup of coffee on the board and destroy my pencil* FUCK THIS IM OUTTA!. *next day some days before my graduation* Okay i watch it ... but after my exam. *exam mastered with fairly good grades and some depression* Continue watching: Ohhh, okay. This is psychological, philosophical. I read a book about couching in my highshool time. Ohhh okay. Nice way of thinking. "Congratulation" ... i really stood up of my chair and clapped with them. I really fucking enjoyed this. I really started to like the show. The conclusion was harsh and ... okay special but everyone was fine and Shinji learned to love himself. I really love EoTV. This was awesome and i dont really have to add anything. Even if its a proper ending. Still today ... this is my favorite ending of all of them. Anno you did a great job. I logged into Amazon and wrote a Review about this Show how good it is. I recommended some ppl at the internet. And then i saw EOE. I was like: "Huh, is this the real ending?" how do you want to make it better than that? :bigeyes:

This next part will be gross, disgusting and disturbing. If you are a guy/girl with some soft point im gonna recommend you not to read this (NAH JUST KIDDING!!):

End of fucking Evangelion: I surfed on the internet and found a "way" to look this movie because on amazon this thing was fucking expensive (or was it a bundle with the first rebuild and Death&Rebirth? I dont remember) but i didn't buy it first. Okay the movie started. This going to be interesting. Is Shinji drowning himself? (which is really happend) God poor boy. *Seele goes offense* Nah for fuck sake ... i knew it somehow. Ohhh okay Misato-jerk-san ... wow no shit Sherlock. Shinji pls go to Asuka. *Hospital scene* Shinji you disgusting piece of shit. If you want to make her pregnant you have to stick it ... ahhh why im even bother. Shinji what you did was "buahahhah", but as long as you going to man up im gonna forgive you. *smashes the second cup of coffee* REALLY? Is this FUCKING TRUE!!. *more screentime with Rei* She is fuckin betray Gendo ... finally. *Shinji in his catathonic state* Go and excuse you to Asuka for fuck sake if you cant even talk to Rei. :facepalm: *smashes some pencils*.

Near the end of the first part this is awesome *Asuka pierced by the fake-Longinus* ahhhhh :hahaha: everything is fine. :hahaha: -o-; :cringe: :irked: I dont think so. *Asuka gets shred into pieces* :facepalm: :sniffle: :scanners_head: Why? Why? For the plot? She did nothing wrong.

Only to molest puppy-kun. She can be nice really ... FUCK YOU YUI-SAMA!!!! :yui_grin: Why did were frozed into bakelite (when i entered this board Bagheera explained to me the possiblity that Yui made that on purpose - which made me hate Yui even more)?
Shinji pls dont go into Unit01 ... i have a bad feeling. *the hand moves* No dont do it ... if you go on the surface you are not going to be pleased ... Shinji no! :facepalm: *but it was to late*. Remembered the jerk Misato ... and her final moments ... which are looked at the retrospective were SHOTA!!! FFS!!! And now i started to miss Misato ... god. :facepalm: :sniffle:
Back to the current revelation: WAHHHH :shinji_boohoo: Told you ... Instrumentality continue and i was like :shinchair: pls stop it ... im done ... im not going to be mean to other people just let it end like the tv-show Anno-sama okay?
Then my mindfuck began. :uhh: uhhh yeah did this actually happening? Ohh the beach *Asuka gets strangled by Shinji* Shinji you failed me, Asuka, Misato and even your dead dad. Pls just stop. *caress of Asuka* thank god ... thank you Asuka finally you where honest *in the meanwhile she says in german* "I feel sick", and i was like ... "ME FUCKING TOO". I was depressed a week later on the same lvl. I was fucking depressed about this cartoon ... which i thought would be fun to watch, just like Death Note. It would be hiliarous they said ... yeah the fuck they said. :facepalm:

My depression went as long as i didn't found out that there were lots of Fanfics. The first i read was the one i love is ... and it depressed me even more. Then i came to 2nd try ... this is what saved me from going to commit suicide. God i have to thank Jimmy. The third one was Higher learning which was really good in my opinion. Then for the loss of Rei ... some nasty (or nice) Rei/Shinji fic till i found out that there were a Rebuild. God i think i fall out the window as soon as i discovered the 3 movies. Much depressing ... i started to rewatch GTO only for the sake for being upbeat again and becoming more opitmistic ... :lol:

1.11: Yeah episode 1-6 ... nice ... Ramiel was like "WOW this is actually pretty good"

2.22: THA FEELINGS! But still i have to admit that Rei was far more creepy than in the actual tv-show. But still ... the end of the world never had been more nicer. Ohhh i acciendently skipped to the end of the movie. lol. What Shikinami? As long as they dont change any major WTH? WTF? Ohhh okay ... she is still in love with him? Is this a continueation? wait what? A true Eva? Mari Sue Ill. Wait Asuka in Bardiel? Wait what? Zerogoki eaten alive? Why? Why for god sake? *Shinji rescures Ayanami* Thank god. This is the hell more light than the tv-show. Ohh the preview: *Kaji is going to die ... just like Kaworu and Asuka is a pirate* wth? Nah, wait the 3rd installment is released last year? We got 2013.
The hour before 3.33: This is going to be awesome! ... Ohhh a new Fanfic ... no wait its a updated one: Childrean of the prophecy. Read it and forgot about 3.33. A week later and about 600.000 words after that i was like "this was actually pretty good". Im gonna watch 3.33 now.

3.33: 14 years. "Do something Baka-Shinji" hell yeah. Asuka? You never had been looking that good. At the AAA Wunder. WTF. WTH? Why is Misato so mad? Where did this new chick come from? Hey wait ... i knew her. Is this "Im Sakura Suzuhara". Ahhh ohhh no this is going to be bad. "14 years skipped ... *megaton punch*" Asuka that was not nice. Wth wait ... where is Ayanami? Why are you hurt? Where did you get this old plugsuit? Asuka. She is fuckin mad! Ohhh okay ... MS. LAS is sinking they hit the Eisberg ... ohh there is this girl with the glasses. Damn boobs. Angel attacking ... OHHH UNIT00. Wait what? Killing Shinji? But why? "Screw you im done with you". Yeah Shinji i would be to. You saved Ayanami thank god ... i believed Misato for a short moment. Huh, she is strange now ... brainwashed? Think so maybe Neo-Nerv put Shinji in the tesseract. Okay. Okay. Kaworu nice to see you again homo. God ... stop talking shit and die already. *Kaworu revealed the truth*. Ahhh FFS. Why did i even have hopes for a good conclusion for Shinji. Sorry Shinji btw. but why did it has to be 14 years? 4th Impact starts. Ahhh there is this Choker thingy good for. *10min later* yup like i said Kaworu is dead ffs, again. Not that it would suprise me ... :rolleyes: . *Asuka drags him into the desert* Srsly Asuka if you could just have let him there ... Anno did fuck things up. I was satisfyed with NGE but really? This ff troll Hideaki Anno. Why did he has to make something like time loop more popular ... god i hate it now!!!!!!!!!! I'll hate the rebuild movies i hate Anno and even if 4.44 will come to a real conclusion am going to deny the existence of RoE!!!!
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Rebuild 1.11: Wat.
1-14: i dont get the hate,this is damn good!
15-24: I LOVE THIS
25-EoE: *Wat intensifies*
Rebuild 2.22: Shinji..............that was the most badass thing in the entire series........congratulations!
Rebuild 3.33: THIS IS AMAZING! *reads fan reaction*..............this is why we cant have nice things!
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Honestly after the first time i watch it, my reaction was "This is the deepest shit i've ever seen". Obviously too deep for me, bc i have no idea what the hell happen in ep.25 and ep.26. Well after watching EoE i was still confused as shit. So a few internet theories later i was like wow that kinda makes sense now. And my overall opininon of the series was "This is the greatest thing to ever grace a tv screen". Then i watched 1.11 and 2.22 and after seeing the end of 2.22 i was like "yep this is still too deep for me but i love it none aless." Seriously that final scene in 2.22 is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. :eva01_roar: Anyway yea i was kinda depressed after watching NGE because the ending it gave us and Rei too. But after A while i figured the ending of EoE wasn't all that sad and actually could be a good ending. Rei made me depressed bc she seemed like she had nothing to live for, and Amanda Winn Lee's voice was chilling and depressing as hell. Seriously the rebuilds lost half of its ability to make me depress when Amanda Winn Lee didn't reprise her role.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”