[LAEM] Pick the cast...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Myself, I think if there is an NGE live action movie, it should be made in Japan, with Japanese actors. I hate it when they cast white actors for non-white characters.

However, let's just say that they do use white actors...

There is only one person I can see as Gendo, and that is Alan Rickman.

Seriously. That would be awesome.

Audery Tautou would make a good Misato. The piots...difficult, because nobody who is young enough to convincingly be Rei, Shinji or Asuka should be watching the series (I still can't believe End of Evangelion was only rated 15...). If you could take Winona Ryder from when she was doing Beetlejuice, she would make a good Rei. Sadly you can't, so that sucks.

Like I say, however, a Neon Genesis Evangelion movie really needs to have Japanese (or at the very least Asian) actors.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

SSJ Spartan01
Adam

Postby SSJ Spartan01 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Alright, I'm not trying to say Anything. I remember when Kate Winslet was the top choice for Asuka way back when in older LAEM talks. Thank God that didn't happen. For the record, I'm completely against any live action adaptation of Eva but when I stumbled upon this picture I was surprisingly not annoyed. Maybe it's all in the angle of that picture but I'd want to see Emma Watson cosplay as Asuka at the very least, and not just for the typical reasons. I realized there are quite a few similarities between the characters Asuka and Hermoine. Both can be competitive and really stubborn. Also, both are initially seen as the best at what they do.
They look to be around the same age in that picture, but Emma is way to old now. Anyway, an Eva movie would never work. Sure, Hollywood may want to work around the 14 year old pilot thing but the cast probably wouldn't include a single Japanese person. EoE is the reason a film franchise may never see the light of day. lol.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby SimplyMason0 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 am

I don't know if it would work well. I mean, I heard they were going to Americanize it giving them American names which will just come off as awkward.

I think there might be a chance of Robin Williams playing Keel or something like that. Since he is a fan. I heard he tried to be Gendo in the Rebuild movies but I think he's too old to play the part.

I guess they'll find any black haired actress to play Misato.

I was thinking John Glover as Gendo if he dyed his hair brown and cut it.

For shits and giggles, Matthew McConaughey as Kaji. However, the thought of Peter Facinelli playing him crossed my mind, not a bad choice if you tell him not to shave and give him a ponytail.

For the kids, I think they'll get people we don't know starting or advancing their careers.

bogey
Embryo

OMG I Just Realized.....!

Postby bogey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 pm

that haylee williams is the perfect Asuka

SPOILER: Show

if I could just have one night with her while she cosplayed as Asuka i'd die a happy man :shifty:
there was a hole here

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Asuka: Whoa, whoa, Nerv, um, is it cool if i get in on this?
Shinji: Hell yeah!
Rei: Go for it!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”