chat room (Created one: IRC.rizon.net #EGF)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

ZapX wrote:Wow... I guess people really don't read anything...

Ok. Hands up. How many of you didn't realize there was an extremely active EGF chat room?

aren't you talking about IRC channel? :???:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:11 am

Yes, he is.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:40 am

ZapX wrote:Wow... I guess people really don't read anything...

Didn't we establish that long ago?

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:26 am

ZapX wrote:Ok. Hands up. How many of you didn't realize there was an extremely active EGF chat room?

*Raises hand*
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:59 am

*Raises hand*
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Was aware of it, got confused in the sign-up process, forgot about it and moved on with my life.

Oh well.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 pm

For those who wish to discover the fun-fun happy place of #egf: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=6410

Enjoy. :kawaii:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon May 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I havn't been able to reconnect to chat for a long ass time now.

I keep getting either "Your nick isn't registered."

or when i try to reregister "#egf Cannot send to channel"

:(

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon May 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Your registration is cancelled after a certain period of inactivity. Did you try registering a different nick?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 pm

<Axel> /msg Nickserv REGISTER ****** ********
=== #egf Cannot send to channel

is what happens, both when I use my old nick, or try registering a new one.
It also says "The nickname “Axell” does not exist."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Behold the power of :google: !

http://rizon.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18

Hope that helps.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon May 24, 2010 2:46 pm

stupid s wasn't capitalized -.-

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm officially not sure what the hell is going on. Rizon keeps k-lining me for some reason.

I was K-lined earlier today because I had some auto-rejoin feature on and it messed something up. It seemed like things were okay so I joined rizon.net (I was online with no problems for the past 2-3 hours), but trying to join the irc.thefear.ca server about 15 minutes ago RE-k-lined me. Really irritated about this and submitting a ticket hasn't seemed to do jack-shit so I guess I'm going to have to wait this out. -_-

And wow, their forum system is really fucked up. Trying to retrieve your password doesn't do shit when it doesn't even recognize the Captcha you enter (plus there are a limited number of times you can retrieve your password too).

Real wonderful services you have going on, Rizon. :shakehead:

EDIT: Supposedly there was some issue with my profile information having spaces in it (what the hell? I've never had that problem before). Hopefully fixing that should fix things.

EDIT2: Yeah, I'm back now. It's still beyond me why having a space (that you probably didn't notice anyway) in your information is going to make them think you're a bot, but whatever I guess.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:52 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I still can't manage to access the IRC.

Have you tried all the steps listed here? You might be forgetting something since you have to register your nick to join #egf.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:18 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Have you tried all the steps listed here? You might be forgetting something since you have to register your nick to join #egf.

Yeah, I give it a shot every now and then, but every time I try to register my nick I never get a response. So I'm stalled before I ever get a chance to join the channel.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:51 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Yeah, I give it a shot every now and then, but every time I try to register my nick I never get a response. So I'm stalled before I ever get a chance to join the channel.

That happens because there's a 30sec or so wait time (not 100% sure how long but its posted in the rizon channel when you first connect) before you can actually register after you connect to rizon.

If you're trying to register using the rizon webclient, in the page where they ask for your nick/password/authentication just enter the nickname you want.

Then it'll connect to rizon and immediately a popup will ask you to register your nick.

DON'T DO IT YET.

There's that 30sec wait time you have to deal with.

If try to register before the wait time is over, the system isn't going to accept it and will never send you a confirmation email.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm

View Original PostTokpile Quohog wrote:That happens because there's a 30sec or so wait time (not 100% sure how long but its posted in the rizon channel when you first connect) before you can actually register after you connect to rizon.

If you're trying to register using the rizon webclient, in the page where they ask for your nick/password/authentication just enter the nickname you want.

Then it'll connect to rizon and immediately a popup will ask you to register your nick.

DON'T DO IT YET.

There's that 30sec wait time you have to deal with.

If try to register before the wait time is over, the system isn't going to accept it and will never send you a confirmation email.

Thanks, that was actually quite helpful! I think I joined, but I can't tell if anyone's around or not.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Thanks, that was actually quite helpful! I think I joined, but I can't tell if anyone's around or not.

It sure did. Great success to be had by all. Welcome to the IRC.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”