FML General Thread [5]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Lavinius
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:18 pm

*self-hating post I want to die~ hipster*

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:53 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*self-hating post I want to die~ hipster*

What exactly is the point of this post? With no details of why you're feeling shitty this is just drama for the sake of drama. and if it's just the same damn thing as always and you're still not going to take the advice of anyone about how to solve it, again, what's the point of posting it?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:what's the point of posting it?

attention, perhaps?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Lavinius
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:51 pm

^^I thought my full recognition of the lack of point was made clear by the self-parody?

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:53 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^^I thought my full recognition of the lack of point was made clear by the self-parody?

Self-awareness doesn't excuse and pointless posts ought to be treated as noise by us.
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Lavinius
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:55 pm

^Well fine delete it if you like, and this as well, it doesn't matter to me. And how do other posts here have any more point?

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:58 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^Well fine delete it if you like, and this as well, it doesn't matter to me. And how do other posts here have any more point?

They're actually talking about the problem and trying to make prgress ...

===

I got my glasses today and not only is the settling-in period a pain in the ass, but I also don't really know If they look good on me or not. :lol:

And of course, I'll make a generic Gendo-pose-pic for my Profil-Pic the next days.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:
I got my glasses today and not only is the settling-in period a pain in the ass, but I also don't really know If they look good on me or not. :lol:

walk around the town, find a cute girl and ask
-o-;

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Post a pic; we'll let you know. The good news about a new prescription is that after about 25 or so, your vision shouldn't change much until you're about 40.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:16 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^Well fine delete it if you like, and this as well, it doesn't matter to me. And how do other posts here have any more point?

I'm not but try to see where NemZ is coming from. Also it was you who said that post had no point which I personally don't buy. People don't act without reasons in general.
ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:25 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Post a pic; we'll let you know. The good news about a new prescription is that after about 25 or so, your vision shouldn't change much until you're about 40.

I'm too shy. ;_;

No, seriously, it sound childish and pathetic and I don't know why, but I'm incredibly uncomfortable with having pics of my "naked face"on the web, not to mention that I'm extremely dissatisfied with my face in the first place.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Apparently people need a refresher, so here goes:

This thread exists for dealing with problems. That might mean asking for help. It might mean looking for suggestions on how to deal with the issue. It might mean simply eliciting some much needed sympathy. All legit uses for problems both big and small.

It does NOT exist to post an endless stream of your daily drama. EGF is not your blog. If there is a situation that needs fixing describe it in general but we don't need a blow-by-blow of every single instance or unkind word with up to the minute details.

It also does NOT exist so that you can post vague nonsense in the hopes that someone will ask what your deal is or for you to just dance around the issue to be mysterious and garner attention. Either say what needs saying or don't bother posting at all.

If someone offers you help or advice and you choose not to accept it that's of course perfectly fine, but at that point the conversation is over. Continuing to complain about the issue while not being willing to make any effort at fixing it is exactly what this series was telling you not to do. Either accept things as-is or work to change it; anything else is just whining, and we've already had enough of that from Shinji.

This community is generally composed of well-meaning people who will offer whatever help they reasonably can, but the drama queens need to shape up and stop abusing the good will and patience of other users.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:58 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:A much needed refreshment of the rules

Thanks for the update. This should streamline the thread.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Continuing to complain about the issue while not being willing to make any effort at fixing it is exactly what this series was telling you not to do. Either accept things as-is or work to change it; anything else is just whining, and we've already had enough of that from Shinji.

But generally speaking Shinji didn't complain much, he was content to wallow in his misery instead of putting it on others... :headscratch:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Either accept things as-is or work to change it; anything else is just whining, and we've already had enough of that from Shinji.

I'm sigging the shit out of this.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:But generally speaking Shinji didn't complain much, he was content to wallow in his misery instead of putting it on others... :headscratch:

Moping around is a nonverbal form of whining. It's a behavior motivated by the desire to get someone else to come solve your problems for you and/or to avoid the issue rather than doing something productive about it.

But whatever, I'm sure you get my point.

[/courage wolf mode]

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Either accept things as-is or work to change it; anything else is just whining, and we've already had enough of that from Shinji.

For the benefit of the thread, let me rephrase this in a manner friendlier to poor Shinji.

Either accept things as-is or work to change it; if something is within your power to change, don't whine. If you can't change something and need a little sympathy for it (we all get into these situations), you're free to talk about it. But don't endlessly complain about something you can't change or which you're not willing to change. That's whining, and all it does is annoy people. Don't whine.
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

delispin25
Banned

Postby delispin25 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:34 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:You're a teenage boy, girls aren't important yet.

You don't know many teenage boys. Nine out of ten of them are all about girls, that's their motivation behind almost everything they do. I only took cooking, individual studies and sociology because I knew I'd be one out of a handful of guys in the class, in one case I was the only guy.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:But whatever, I'm sure you get my point.

I do, I do, I'm just nitpicking. :lol:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Nitpicking is, in the end, what we all wind up doing here anyway. /offtopic

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”