2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

DHL man finally delivered my calendar. It is goregous. Looking over it I don't see anything super, duper, mega amazing secrets that hint at anything but it is all very beautiful.

One thing I didn't know I'd be getting was artist bio blurbs. These actually come in both Japanese and english. They go over some of the career highlights and meniton the role the person had in the Evangelion New Theatrical series. Yes that seems the official english.

The other most interesting part from the bios:

Hiramatsu was a layout artist and key animator on Evangelion: 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and plans to participate in 4.0 as well

IT'S HAPPPENNING

Also Akemi Hayashi's ReiQ is kawaii

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:48 pm

D-do you have any more pictures of images with Rei in it?!
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 am

@ TMB : It's even better with the finest details!
I love how every normal situation becomes inherently funny just by adding Rei Q in it, must be the completely deadpan expression no matter what's around her! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:03 am

Aw man, I really told myself I'd give this one a pass because it was a bit pricey - Especially after having just come back from a trip to Japan, and about to head off to Bali for Christmas/NYE in a couple days time. But after such glowing remarks from Bags and TMB, and in the face of such gorgeous illustration; my fortitude crumbles.

One calendar, ordered.

Eh, can always just think of it as a Christmas gift to myself, huh?

-o-;

I suck.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Blue Monday is ballin'. :money:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Will have to change my username to Broke Monday soon.

:facepalm:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Will have to change my username to Broke Monday soon.

:facepalm:

Being a (Eva) otaku is a suffering.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:@ TMB : It's even better with the finest details!
I love how every normal situation becomes inherently funny just by adding Rei Q in it, must be the completely deadpan expression no matter what's around her! :lol:

How can we even tell which Rei it is, without her plugsuit and everything?

Regular Rei does that expression for funny BG purposes as well, including some official art.

These pics are really detailed, tho. Depending on how much cash I get for christmas, I might just grab one of these as well...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Will have to change my username to Broke Monday soon.

Too many comics, LPs, and Eva merch out there, need more money.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:34 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:How can we even tell which Rei it is, without her plugsuit and everything?

Regular Rei does that expression for funny BG purposes as well, including some official art.

Well, first it's an Evangelion Q themed calendar, so the most likely is that it's Rei Q. And second Rei II in the Rebuild official art don't make the same kind of deadpan expression : she generally has her eyes slightly more open, like she's taking as much as she can of these new experiences while keeping her usual calm facade.
Rei Q's expression has her eyes half-closed, as if no matter what's around her she doesn't calculate it unless she's ordered to, or she notices but don't give a shit! :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:41 am

*whistles*

Those are some fine pictures. I would buy it, but I got some money for the holidays and I actually want to save it this time. However, I'm getting a job soon, so that should give me some spending cash.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 am

Courtesy of

View Original Postvito wrote:Bless drop for scanning the studio khara 2014-2015 calendar

https://yande.re/pool/show/3322

I feel pretty safe saying this is definitely Shinji now.

If you look closely he's got a thread heading down from his upper body on the left side of him, which I'm thinking is the SDAT headphones.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:57 am

Hell yeah!
View Original PostCJD wrote:I feel pretty safe saying this is definitely Shinji now.

If you look closely he's got a thread heading down from his upper body on the left side of him, which I'm thinking is the SDAT headphones.

I think it's just a pencil stroke due to the art style, if you looks closely there is a similar one on his right leg.

On the same vein, if you look at his neck, the black of the hair continue past the neck and to the right, like a ponytail, or again the color that overflows due to the art style.

Also, thanks to the immense zoom offered by the hosting site, I can say that the big structure looks like a giant launching bay for aircrafts : there is a row of ramps, each leading to a big door in a rectangular structure, maybe a hangar.
Also, if you look closely at the background at left of the walking character, you can distinguish a big structure with what looks like two chimney, or two towers.

---

So, about the other interesting ones :

That's actually a diagram of how the MAGI system works. At first I thought that it was WILLE's MAGI Achiral system, but upon closer inspection, turns out it's NERV's old System : there is a mention of a "NERV MAGI System" on the legend, and when you zoom at maximum on the center, the three red hexagon on the center have the label MELCHIOR, BALTHAZAR and GASPAR(from left to right)

---
Now, Sakura with her friend :
The label of the restaurant is illegible, and Sakura's friend definitively have a Misato vibe, both in the hair color and style!

---
Our dear friend Kaworu with his mysterious plugsuit :
First : the plugsuit's collar area is upturned, which with the lighting makes it impossible to say if it's the Mark.06 or EVA-13 plugsuit.
Two : Is that an entry plug port on his neck?! :cringe:
The cylindric thing is definitively an entry plug.
Although it's probably just a trick of the perspective and there is an Eva hided by Kaworu's body.

---
The trio and the cat :
That's definitively Rei Q and Shinji's feet, and for some reason Asuka's feet is from her tapped up plugsuit form the first half of Q(probably a liberty taken by the artist so we could see it's Asuka, since her new plugsuit is black/dark purple at the feet)

---
Size comparison :
It's impossible to see without zooming, but the five person in the Japanese Navy uniforms are actually the five Eva pilots! :D (Rei, Kaworu, Shinji, Asuka and Mari)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:01 am

Artist tags added. Now you know how's responsible for what and if they did anything for the last calendar (which is also on yandere)
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:21 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I think it's just a pencil stroke due to the art style, if you looks closely there is a similar one at his right leg.

Ah good eye, I totally missed it in my haste. I'm still not convinced it's Kaji, though. Don't know what it is but the body seems off for a full sized adult like him.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:32 am

^
I get the same feeling, the proportions seems a bit off for a well built adult like Kaji, but it could also be an effect of the loose clothing or the artist style.

But anyway I'm sure it's supposed to be either Shinji or Kaji.(and then we have a making of revealing that it's Hideki! -o-; )
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:08 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:

Final's gonna be epic.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

This is why Unit 02 was given a life vest in 3.0.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:56 pm

^ "Oh man, that surface is really far away, huh..."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:43 am

^^
"Mari! You stole EVA-02 again didn't you?! And what the hell are you doing in the Sea Life Preservation Aquarium?!"

View Original PostYaywalter wrote:Final's gonna be epic.

Now that I saw this calendar, I can't accept anything less than some epic human constructions that would put the Geofront to shame, some industrial complexes such as you only see in W40K, something big enough to be seen from freaking space at the minimum!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”