2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Probably not.

My scanner has been slowly dying. I'm still not sure about the dimensions of the calender and if it would actually fit. The binding seems troublesome too. Some of the photos also show the paper might have a certain texture that makes it not the friendliest for scanning. All of the above plus laziness point towards "Let someone else do it"
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Let's cross our fingers that someone else does it, indeed!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Someone Just needs to post the Sakura one and ill be on my way
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:14 am

Mine has shipped. But I'm sure it'll take longer to go round the world than it will take for scans to appear.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 am

Hrm, mine hasn't shipped. I hope amazon isn't messing up my payment the same way it did with the Q BD.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Not quite scans but here's an unobstructed high quality collage of all the whole calendar, courtesy of /a/. Can definitely see everything clearer than any other photos I've seen.

SPOILER: Show
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:06 pm

^
Oh cool!

Well personal comments :
First Row :
- last image : is that EVA-02 from 2.0 swimming inside the Sea Life Preservation pool?! :rofl:

Second Row :
- first image : that was indeed EVA-02' getting ready for operation US. The halos at its feet are very similar to the one in EVA-08's construction site in the 3.0 preview :
[wkimg]File:Eva2-22 jikai C12.jpg[/wkimg]

- second image : Kaworu putting out his plugsuit, what's that mechanical thing behind him? Also there seems to be cables behind him.

- third image : what the fuck I'm looking at?! :cringe:
It looks like naked female body melting together!

- fourth image : Sakura dining, well now we can see who's eating with her. No idea who's she, but she has glasses at the top of her head and purple hair(inb4 it's Misato's daughter born during the time skip! :lol: )
Can someone distinguish what's the restaurant logo at the top of the silver wall?

- sixth image : all of Q's Evas(including Nyangouki and awakened Mark.09) apparently beating the shit out of each other with tons of bullet casings flying everywhere like the most crazy Mexican Standoff ever! I especially loves EVA-02's oversized robot-arm and giant revolver and EVA-13's mecha sized shotgun! :hitthetable:
If only the fight in Lilith's Chamber happened like that!

Third Row :
- second image : like TMB noticed, apparently Asuka is sitting on EVA-02's finger, but now you can also see other people around the tesseract, as well as choppers with searchlight in the sky. So that's not when the tesseract landed, but later when WILLE came to extract Asuka and the "packet"

Fourth Row :
- second image : comparison of size between the Wunder, the Nautilus, the neo-Nautilus, two other airship I've no idea from where they come, and an old warship from the Imperial Navy.
Conclusion : the Wunder is the biggest one, no contest!

- fourth image : :hitthetable:

Fifth Row :
- second image : what's that? It looks like the schematics rendered by Ritsuko's computer during Shinji's briefing in the interrogation room. Looking at the red circle near the edge of the circle, that could be a schematic of the Nemesis Series Code 04C.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Mine still hasn't shipped :\
But it is the weekend....

The internet did find a few photos

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Gorgeous. Fucking gorgeous. Love the one with Asuka on top of the tesseract.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:50 pm

@ TMB : Ooooh, even cooler! :D

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:

Love how Asuka is doing a "doesn't give a single fuck" pose in the middle of the WILLE technician and chopper working all around her! :lol:
Also strangely the technicians doesn't wear the white jacket we see during Q, is that jacket a part of a specific uniform for the Wunder?

Still not a single idea what the airships in the sky are supposed to be. Or that super giant structure for that matter. :um:

It's me, or did Kawory have marks on his skin? Did they comes from his plugsuit, after all, they cling very tightly around the body and the marks seems to correspond.
Also, nowt that I can see the picture in HD, I realize that Kaworu's glare is cold! I don't what or who he's supposed to be looking at, buh he's definitively not happy to see it!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 pm

I reckon the figure walking across the field in front of the massive building could be Shinji; the hair works, the short-sleeve shirt works, and I see nothing to discount the idea.

And it's a gorgeous picture (as many are - but this stands out for me, as I love that style of painting).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Shinji is running towards his redemption/salvation!

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:46 pm

No large image scans of the naked Rei image I see....
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 pm

So pwetty~~ Looks like it's Kaworu in slightly GITS-y SEELE containment, with prototype DSS chokers, amongst other things. Damn. I could have used this for the Kaworu flashback arc of my fanfic... AHHH!!

And more and more underwater Rei. Which one's Moyoko's contribution?

I see nothing to discount the idea.

'cep the shirt isn't tucked into the pants. Hair's too dark for Kensuke, tho.

third image : what the fuck I'm looking at?!

It's lost of Misato's melting together into some sort of uniform Misato goo! Note the cross pendant.

- fourth image : Sakura dining, well now we can see who's eating with her. No idea who's she, but she has glasses at the top of her head and purple hair(inb4 it's Misato's daughter born during the time skip! )

Or Misato herself whom Sakura fangirls according to her VA.
All of this obviously takes place in a happier alternative universe.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:34 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:- third image : what the fuck I'm looking at?! :cringe:

Just looks like abstract art to me. If it was anything meaningful I'd say instrumentality, but since it seems like that doesn't exist in Rebuild, or at least not in the same sense, I don't know what to make of it.

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I reckon the figure walking across the field in front of the massive building could be Shinji; the hair works, the short-sleeve shirt works, and I see nothing to discount the idea.

Yea now that you mention it I see it too.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Or Misato herself whom Sakura fangirls according to her VA.

Yea I'm with you re: Sakura and Maybe!Misato eating out. I'm not sure about reading too much into that one, it looks too normal to be related to the main universe.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:31 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:It's lost of Misato's melting together into some sort of uniform Misato goo! Note the cross pendant.

I see the cross pendent... I also see three male heads, one of them with a long beard... :cringe:

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Or Misato herself whom Sakura fangirls according to her VA.

I don't know, the character looks too young to Misato, be it the 43 years old Q!Misato or the 29 years old pre-time skip. Even the hair cut doesn't correspond at all to Misato.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm

"I now pronounce you husbando and husbando"

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Yay my calendar finally shipped!

:rei_dance:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 pm

For the curious:

The calendars are insanely good. They are designed in such a way that you can use any image for any given month, and in general they are a high quality design. Best investment I've made all year. If you have any interest in the subject at all you should get this product, it really is just that good.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:39 pm

^
Neat!
Nice to see that Khara is producing goodies of good quality, that's always an excellent indicator of how much they love their fans! ^_^
Last edited by ElMariachi on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”