2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:43 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Inb4 it turns out Earth is nowhere near as fucked as we thought, Wille has resources out the wazoo, and humans have become a Type 1 civilization.

Well, if the images have a semblance of canon, between this one and the one with the trio looking at a cat near a railroad with tufts of grass around, it's seems that effectively, the world isn't nearly as fucked as Q made us thought, and that the "core-ified" landscape happened in a limited area.

Which would also means that Kaworu was an huge dick in not telling this to Shinji, "mass extinction" my ass!

That would also explain why Asuka told to Shinji that he was a naive brat when he claimed he will save the world with the spears : the world actually don't need any saving or repair, or at least no marginally more than after 2I, so no need to play with fire and touch these doomsday devices that are Evangelions and magic alien spears! Which for her proves that Shinji was completely misled by neo-NERV and SEELE, and an utter moron.

Shinji's gonna be on quite a shock when they get out of the red desert and stumble upon hills covered in grass and a gigantic magnificent Lilin base/city! He'll also probably punch Kaworu in the face if they ever meet again like he told him they will in Q! :lol:

View Original PostReichu wrote:A Wille base sounds about right. For the guy walking around, I immediately thought "Kaji". (Perhaps on his way to Watermelon Patch 2.0.)

Ah, I'm not the only one to thought of Kaji then, must be the large shirt and relaxed stance.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:56 am

Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake. :lol:
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Which would also means that Kaworu was an huge dick in not telling this to Shinji, "mass extinction" my ass!

Wait hold up hold up hold up hold up... did Kaworu ever specify that he was referring to homo sapiens when he said "mass extinction"? I don't remember it exactly and I don't have time right now to go check, but I don't think it did. Wouldn't it be classic Kaworu if he was just referring to a plethora of animals and plants that went extinct due to climate changes or some shit happening as a result of the failed third impact? In retrospect, would that surprise anyone, that Kaworu would be that stupid when it comes to anticipating how something will make Shinji feel?

Jesus fucking Christ, this makes too much sense. :facepalm:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 am

View Original PostCJD wrote: In retrospect, would that surprise anyone, that Kaworu would be that stupid when it comes to anticipating how something will make Shinji feel?

Again, miscommunication is a major theme of Eva so it wouldn't surprise me really. :lol: It seems even Bishonen Jesus isn't without sin.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:46 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Wait hold up hold up hold up hold up... did Kaworu ever specify that he was referring to homo sapiens when he said "mass extinction"?

Shinji asked, "What happened to everyone in the city?", and Kaworu's response started with, "Mass extinction is not uncommon on this planet", followed up by a bunch of blather leading into an explanation of HIP.

"Mass extinction" by definition refers to an event where lots of species go extinct in a very short span of geologic time (i.e., species die off faster than new ones can evolve), and humans aren't even actually extinct in the post-3I world, so Kaworu can't possibly be talking about Homo sapiens. In-context, the line about "mass extinction" appears to be a weird and misleading segue into his spiel on evolution and HIP.

00:50:55 {Kaworu} Mass extinctions are not unusual on this planet.
00:50:58 {Kaworu} In fact, they help drive evolution.
00:51:02 {Kaworu} Life has always changed itself to adapt to the world around it.
00:51:08 {Kaworu} However, Lilin change not themselves, but the world.
00:51:15 {Kaworu} So they brought the rite of artificial evolution unto themselves.
00:51:21 {Kaworu} Old life is offered in sacrifice,
00:51:23 {Kaworu} so that new beings blessed with the Fruit of Life may be created.
00:51:29 {Kaworu} All this is an act of extinction that has been programmed since time immemorial.
00:51:33 {Kaworu} Nerv call it the Human Instrumentality Project.

So "mass extinction" is not precisely the answer to Shinji's question about where everyone went; the Human Instrumentality Project is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Well, he talk about "Mass extinction" while showing a landscape were all trace of life disappeared as far as the eye can see, so even if by analyzing his words it's possible that it was, as Reichu put it, a weird and misleading segue into his spiel on evolution and HIP, the first thing that comes to mind is that Shinji transformed the planet into a giant wasteland and torched most of the remaining biosphere.

But if that was actually not the case, if that devastation was limited to a close area, that would had been kind of Kaworu to tell him when he was unraveling on the from the horror displayed in front of him.
You know, a little "Hey, don't worry Ikari-kun, it didn't spread to the whole planet! See that big line of crosses on the horizon? Well the devastation stopped here! There's actually a big bunch of the Lilin who survived! They even built giant bigass cities and all, like you're Star Trek or something!", could have prevented Shinji to go completely insane!
But then, maybe then Shinji wouldn't had been so eager to "repair the world", after all why take so much risks to restore a part of the world where nobody lives anymore when everyone relocated elsewhere a decade and half ago?

And can't Kaworu talk clearly for once in his life?!
- "What happened to everyone in the city?"
- "Well, Third Impact happened and most of the people of the region has been killed in a failed ritual of artificial evolution called the Human Instrumentality Project, fortunately it was stopped before spreading to the whole planet, so all hope isn't lost"
or
- "Well, Third Impact happened and consumed most of the Lilin and other lifeforms of the planet in a failed ritual of artificial evolution called the Human Instrumentality Project, I'm sorry Ikari-kun. But even now, there is hope, there is always hope."

Here, is that so complicated?
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow, it's very amazing to see everyone get excited for calendar pictures that potentially may (or may not) be canon or even have actual relation to Q and Final but I must admit, I too was thinking about a base for Willie and the like too. I mean really, where the hell have Misato and co. been hiding before acquiring Shogouki-san and the AAA Wunder. Sure, they could've been imprisoned before Nerv officially disbanded but what were they being doing afterwards? Also, if it's true in regards to Kaworu, then it seems he's just as emotionally manipulative as he was in NGE and also seemed to have been pulling the strings on Shinji like Gendo was as well. Dance, puppet, dance! Inb4 Shinji getting trolled once again in Final.

:lol:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:14 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Wow, it's very amazing to see everyone get excited for calendar pictures that potentially may (or may not) be canon or even have actual relation to Q and Final

Well, that's just how angry for any tidbit of shadow of the possibility for informations in the new setting we are! :lol:

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I mean really, where the hell have Misato and co. been hiding before acquiring Shogouki-san and the AAA Wunder. Sure, they could've been imprisoned before Nerv officially disbanded but what were they being doing afterwards?

Seeing the massive size of the thing and the giant flying airship, I guess that it's WILLE's current main HQ, or the biggest Lilin settlement of the post-3I world(which probably also houses WILLE's main HQ)
But to create a structure so massive, there need a lot of resources and time, so my guess is that the construction began WILLE was created. It's probably the new version of Tokyo-3, the "new fortress of mankind".

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Also, if it's true in regards to Kaworu, then it seems he's just as emotionally manipulative as he was in NGE and also seemed to have been pulling the strings on Shinji like Gendo was as well. Dance, puppet, dance! Inb4 Shinji getting trolled once again in Final. :lol:

Well, NGE!Kaworu had at least the excuse of being literally a few days years old and not knowing anything about interactions between among the Lilin, Rebuild!Kaworu lived for 14 years!(granted, that was 14 years with Gendo...)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well, NGE!Kaworu had at least the excuse of being literally a few days years old and not knowing anything about interactions between among the Lilin

Kaworu has existed in some form ever since Second Impact, and I doubt he's only been around for a days or years. Even though he doesn't follow Lilin social protocols, he talks about us with a weird philosophical familiarity.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm

^
Tell you what, I don't know what to believe anymore about that guy, he was already creepy in NGE, and his single-mindedness in Rebuild about Shinji's happiness since the moment he was "born" in the freakin' Moon 14 years before actually meeting the guy made him even more creepy.
At least in Rebuild he's less creepy when directly interacting with Shinji...
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 am

View Original PostAlpha wrote:Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake. :lol:

I have to use this in my sig. There is no choice for me.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Which would also means that Kaworu was an huge dick in not telling this to Shinji, "mass extinction" my ass!

Shinji knows it. :pwnd:
Leave Shinji alone

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:18 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I have to use this in my sig. There is no choice for me.

Best to make some part of it a clickable link to the source post. I like being able to click sigged quotes to see the original context and I can't be the only one.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Still no scans as far as I can find. Decided to check amazon and it was magically in-stock but showed only 3 left in stock. Now there's only 2.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FJOLWZE/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Hopefully some Japanese fan out there has already loaded these babies somewhere, some place......

atarashiieva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby atarashiieva » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:11 pm

If there's one thing which excites me about the next movie, is its chance to make us perceive Q in a completely different way.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:57 pm

^
Oh, knowing Anno, he'll certainly makes things on FINAL to make us perceive scenes from all the way back to 1.0 in a different way!
Many scenes of 1.0 and 2.0 are already seen on a completely different light since Q was released, of the "horribly harsher in hindsight" kind of light.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Now there's only 2.

It still says 2, but doesn't accept an order; cdjapan has none left either. There are more expensive places that still claim to have stock, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Checking now and it says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

I guess I should be glad I checked at the right time. 5,400 yen without the usual amazon discounts kinda hurts, but I'm sure this will be extremely lovely to have.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm

^
Oh, so it's you who lowered the available stock from 3 to 2! :D

You will scan the images once you receive the calendar if it's not already made somewhere else in the Internet in the meantime, right?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”