2014-2015 Studio Khara Calendar

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Honestly I'm not seeing what you're seeing. The plugsuits when deflated should just fall off the person instead of having to wiggle out of it and his posture is just way too relaxed.These thumbs are small so let's wait until we have a better look.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm

^
Agreed, let's wait to have bigger picture to see if it's the Mark.06 or EVA-13 plugsuit, and we'll get our answer.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Must have bigger images.....sooon......Mustt!!! :derp:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:19 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:There's a hell of a lot to look at there and it's all very exciting, but look at the last pic.

But TMB, the last one is probably my favourite one, haha - Alongside the Rei Q illustration just above it to the right.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Holy shit, some of these look really artsy. Please, please, big versions ASAP!
Big versions will exist WHEN?

We already knew the KS pic, but Shinji in the landscape, the mark nine, the rails pic, casual clothing for Sakura...
She just seems to be in an AU scenario here, there's no reason to assume anything, especially anything with grass in it, is in-universe, except obvioulsly "Asuka landing".
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Some photos are leaking and people in the internet have pointed out the cat in the calendar is the same one as from the EoE live action footage

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Luckily no cats have been harmed at any time in this continuity, especially with likes of Neko Nigouki around.

:asuka_happy:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 am

@ TMB : So, the central pair of feet is confirmed to be Rei Q's, and the purple one on the right is Shinji. Still don't understand why the figure on the left(logically Asuka) has a red plugsuit on the feet.
Maybe artistic license so we're sure to recognize her?

Also, the image of Kaworu and his mysterious plugsuit has been leaked too :

So, he's definitively taking it off, seeing the colors it looks like the Mark.06 one, and... is that a DSS Choker on his wrist?! :cringe:
Whoever wanted to keep a leash on his really had gone overboard!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 am

Nah - that's just a stylish wristwatch.

The cats are not the same. The new one has a white leg and ear; the previous one has neither. Someone just likes tortoiseshells.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:33 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Some photos are leaking and people in the internet have pointed out the cat in the calendar is the same one as from the EoE live action footage.

We Need To Go Deeper  SPOILER: Show
Heh, well not the same cat again but it was worth looking anyway...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 am

However, the picture shows the pilots by a railway crossing, which ties up with one of the storyboards in the Peaceful Times film.
Last edited by pwhodges on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Nah - that's just a stylish wristwatch.

I don't know, a black strap with a red at the middle which has a line separating it in two, looks at lot like a DSS for me(granted here it's a vertical line instead on the red square of the Choker's horizontal one)

Besides aren't the pilots supposed to take off all their clothes and accessories when wearing a plugsuit?

As for the cat, maybe it's just that someone at Kahara had a similar cat back during EoE and wanted to pay it an homage, or maybe they just like tortoiseshells cats! :D

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 am

I wouldn't trust the colors in the Kaworu illustrations for three reasons

1. Koyama Shigeto like to do kinda washed out colors:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/485733
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1028192

2. Mahiro Maeda did not bother including the green shoulder stripes in his illustration either:

3. Most of the illustrations appear to prioritize art over canon.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:45 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I wouldn't trust the colors in the Kaworu illustrations for three reasons

1. Koyama Shigeto like to do kinda washed out colors:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/485733
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1028192

Mmmmh, well now that you mention it, the blue hair and orange in his plusuit is rather odd(still Kaworu is clearly taking off the plugsuit and has some sort of DSS Choker like accessory in the wrist! No I won't give up! :tongue: )

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:2. Mahiro Maeda did not bother including the green shoulder stripes in his illustration either:

Yeah, and there is also some sort of additional pectoral padding on their plugsuit.
On a side note, now that we have a bigger picture, this illustration is officially the creepiest of the calendar! :cringe:

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:3. Most of the illustrations appear to prioritize art over canon.

Oh I'm well aware of that don't worry, it's just that some of them are so probable in canon(like EVA-02' getting ready for Operation US, then later crashed back on Earht with the Tesseract) that you start to wonder which image are part of the canon and which are only artistic.
And from here begin the wild speculation over the most minor detail! Such is the curse of Eva(geeks) we all suffer! :lol:

By the way, were did you found these zoomed illustrations.(I took mine from the picture thread)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:15 pm

The photos keep popping up on twitter. Apperently the calendar is already available in the physical stores.

Still trying to figure out if there is a reasonable route for me to acquire it or not :irked:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:12 am

Going back on the illustration just above, the style remembered me something, and I found it : maybe it's me, but don't you think that this illustration has some air of Otto Dix's War Triptych?

Search the image on Google, warning it's extremely graphical!

EDIT : another wild leaked image appears, it's the big base thing I talked about earlier(third image, first row of the list TMB posted few days ago) :
[URL=http://minus.com/i/bz1vMtKkVWeOr]Image[/URL]

Okay... WHAT THE FUCK I'M LOOKING AT?! :cringe:
It's freaking huge! It puts even the Geofront "Jame Bond villain base" to shame! Is that WILLE's HQ? If that's the case then they got some super massive amounts of resources!

And what are the big airships in the sky? The bigger one could be the Wunder, but the other ones are so huge they could pass as destroyers from Star Wars!

And who's the guy in the forefront?

Is that image even related to Eva at all?!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:31 am

Dat scale. I'm strongly considering getting the calendar at this point.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:33 am

Inb4 it turns out Earth is nowhere near as fucked as we thought, Wille has resources out the wazoo, and humans have become a Type 1 civilization.

Yea you thought Gendo and Fuyu were some huge threat? Pfhahahah, the only reason they haven't been wiped out yet is because Wille Command feels sorry for them. Two lonely old men living alone in a bunch of old ruins, they couldn't hurt anyone if they tried.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Is that image even related to Eva at all?!

But no seriously I doubt that's Eva related.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 am

Eh, I bet it's something post-2I related. That spurred on a nice building boom.

Given how many Nerv branches there are, Bethany and Golgotha bases being mention, and also a base ON THE MOTHERFUCKING MOON, this giant wall of technology seems to fit right in.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Okay... WHAT THE FUCK I'M LOOKING AT?! :cringe:

A Wille base sounds about right. For the guy walking around, I immediately thought "Kaji". (Perhaps on his way to Watermelon Patch 2.0.)

That Maeda illo has all sorts of goodies in the background: Spear of Longinus, Eva-13, Black Moon, wall of FOIs, tooth canyon...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”