Brief Hiroaki Inoue Interview

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Brief Hiroaki Inoue Interview

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 pm

link

Not an particularity overlong interview, but there's some interesting Royal Space Force info (and perspective) in there, along with some production titbits from Perfect Blue. For example...

Since they were still university students creating amateur animation films, their budget was very limited, somewhere between 200,000 to 300,000 yen. So when Bandai proposed a budget that was 100 times more than what they used to use, they thought that they could do anything that they imagined. At that time I was already working as a professional, so I realized that their proposal wouldn’t fit into the budget proposed by Bandai. So I changed the numbers, we negotiated with Bandai and the production budget turned into 360 million yen. That negotiation eventually led to the development of Gainax. To make Bandai feel comfortable, I organized lots of experienced staff members around the amateurs.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”