Eva wiki translation

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:45 pm

View Original Postopiumsmoker wrote:Still needs a little work, but looks ok

I'm impressed! Great job, Opium! This is pretty amazing. I look forward to seeing more of your translations.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 pm

View Original Postopiumsmoker wrote:First Evageek spanish wiki page

Looks good. Great job! :thumbsup:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:37 pm

View Original Postopiumsmoker wrote:Still needs a little work, but looks ok

Haven't read the page beyond the first/introductory paragraph (i haven't seen Q) but it certainly a well-written article and i like the international spanish it has. Like others have said, it is a great job.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 am

For the sake of a little completeness, I created an "espspoilers" template with Spanish wording. I used Google Translate, so I'm not sure if "Peligro! Arruinadores!!" or the words underneath it work well enough.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:00 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:For the sake of a little completeness, I created an "espspoilers" template with Spanish wording. I used Google Translate, so I'm not sure if "Peligro! Arruinadores!!" or the words underneath it work well enough.

It took me a while to realize you were referring to spoilers with "Arruinadores!", i thought you were talking about some wacky Rebuild robot at first.

Opiumsmoker will know better, but as far as i know we just call them spoilers too in the spanish-speaking circles.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:It took me a while to realize you were referring to spoilers with "Arruinadores!", i thought you were talking about some wacky Rebuild robot at first.

"Wacky Rebuild robot"? Yeah, 'Arruinadores' sounds like a name Anno would use. :smirk:

I've changed it back to "Spoilers" and toned down the exclamation marks.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

NEW: http://wiki.evageeks.org/es:Shinji_Ikari

This was awfully long

A.T.Field article finished.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/es:Escudo_A.T

Just to clarify a little something I translated A.T. Field as "Escudo A.T." (A.T. Shield) not Campo A.T. in accordance to the mexican translation..

Also, translated the Deconstruct template [url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Template:EsDeconstruct[/url]
Last edited by opiumsmoker on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There is no record of any such incident

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Sorry to hear about the length. I wrote most of the Shinji Summary in a effort to introduce more basic material to pages.

On the matter of pagelinks, I'm just wondering should the spanish pages link to the english ones if a translation is not available?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:00 pm

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Sorry to hear about the length. I wrote most of the Shinji Summary in a effort to introduce more basic material to pages.

On the matter of pagelinks, I'm just wondering should the spanish pages link to the english ones if a translation is not available?

I agree with you, I didn't link the page, because I'm too lazy, and I'm trying to get the most material translated so we can start linking to español pages

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:28 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:For the sake of a little completeness, I created an "espspoilers" template with Spanish wording. I used Google Translate, so I'm not sure if "Peligro! Arruinadores!!" or the words underneath it work well enough.

This article or section contains spoiler information from Evangelion media that has been recently released and/or is of limited distribution. Do not read any further if you do not want to spoil your experience of said media.

Spanish:

Este artículo o sección contiene información de distintas fuentes de Evangelion que han sido publicadas recientemente y/o son de distribución limitada. No continúe leyendo si no desea arruinar su experiencia con dicha fuente.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 pm

If that sounds a little silly in Spanish, feel free to rephrase it. There's no need to stick to an absolute translation if you can convey the same information in a better way.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks, opiumsmoker!

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I have a questions when I want to make a link to another page with the square brackets--- I have to input es:Shinji Ikari, but in the text will appear ...the young "es:Shinji Ikari"... Is there any way to avoid this? or I should only do it as an external link?

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:36 pm

You just type "[[es:Shinji Ikari|Shinji Ikari]]". The text after the first "|" will be the text actually seen.

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:02 pm

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:You just type "[[es:Shinji Ikari|Shinji Ikari]]". The text after the first "|" will be the text actually seen.

Thanks OMF I'm still working my way around html stuff

BTW I saw that there's a lot of missing spanish voice actors in the profile tables...

http://es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

here's the answer :D

opiumsmoker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby opiumsmoker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hey guys how are you doing!

So sorry for the delay next week I'll start working in the translation project again, we had a fraud at work (I work as an accountant right now) so I had no life whatsoever for some months.

Glad to be back

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 am

Welcome back! Don't hurry, take your own time. What's happening in your real life is infinitely more serious than anything that goes on here.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”