[LAEM] Something HUGE people seem to have forgotten...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Postby master0rolando » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:05 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:.. but with the interview they had, their solely making the movie not to make profits but for the fans and such... Highly doubtful.

i watched that interview...what was it that Greenfield said that makes you all think he wants to change the storyline?...I mean of course he wants to make money...why wouldnt he?...But it just seems that you guys have a premeditated opinion of anything anyone says...

so the dub wasn't superb...could any of US done any better?...i doubt it...besides Matt Greenfield can't trump the director...thats who you should be freaking out about...I dont think ADV is OUT TO GET EVA!!! just cuz you don't like the voices...I didn't like Hikari's voice...i thought the others sounded fine...maybe get a deeper voiced guy for Gendo...but a lot of guys just HATE ANYONE...IS THERE ANYONE you feel couldve done the voices?...

people accuse ADV of milking the Eva franchise...what about GAINAX?!?!...Anno gets money everytime a perv buys the Rei pillow...

The movie i last heard had an over 100million bedget...thats about what Lord of Rings had...it may have changed...

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 am

master0rolando wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:.. but with the interview they had, their solely making the movie not to make profits but for the fans and such... Highly doubtful.

i watched that interview...what was it that Greenfield said that makes you all think he wants to change the storyline?...I mean of course he wants to make money...why wouldnt he?...But it just seems that you guys have a premeditated opinion of anything anyone says...

so the dub wasn't superb...could any of US done any better?...i doubt it...besides Matt Greenfield can't trump the director...thats who you should be freaking out about...I dont think ADV is OUT TO GET EVA!!! just cuz you don't like the voices...I didn't like Hikari's voice...i thought the others sounded fine...maybe get a deeper voiced guy for Gendo...but a lot of guys just HATE ANYONE...IS THERE ANYONE you feel couldve done the voices?...

people accuse ADV of milking the Eva franchise...what about GAINAX?!?!...Anno gets money everytime a perv buys the Rei pillow...

The movie i last heard had an over 100million bedget...thats about what Lord of Rings had...it may have changed...

I liked voice actors too! I want Eva movie!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Everytime someone says they're not in it for the money an Angel gets drowned in bullshit.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:52 pm

That makes no sense, but I must agree. GAINAX would be crazy to just be doing it "for the fans"
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:12 pm

Fearthebait wrote:That makes no sense, but I must agree. GAINAX would be crazy to just be doing it "for the fans"
[sarcasm]WHAT?! I thought that was the whole point of GAINAX's existence! TO BE INSANE! [/sarcasm]
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:20 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:Probably to get the best out of Eva, they'll have to make it a 3-5 series long kinda like LOTR. I hope the movie will have the same psychological aspects and the getting to know the character like in the series. But then again, we can't just make a direct copy of the series on film, but to at least have the same "taste" to it so that us Eva-fans will still enjoy it.

The questions here will be will this be the case, or will this be a “Michael Bay’s Transformers” might be, (if it is as bad as some like Gendo’s Papa says it will be) and what will keep it from ending up like the latter?

Fearthebait wrote:20 bucks says all the emos start wearing shirts with "I survived 3I" or "Back away from my A.T. field!"

Ugh, God that would be lame!!!

Gendo'sPapa wrote:...But to do a live action Eva, no matter what ADV says (who after hearing some of their commentaries I really doubt are as savvy as they try to make themselves out to be) the budget needed to do even one life action EVA film today would cost somewhere north of $140 million. Add in the ungodly amount needed for marketing and the budget balloons to over $200 million.
And when a studio is dealing with a project that expensive most artisitci integrity goes right out the window to make the safest product (PRODUCT) possible.

If Live Action Eva is made the special effects will be beyond amazing, the look of it will be incredible and the battles themselves will be blood pumping. But character complexity and pure angst will suffer a huge drop off.
I've accepted a live action Shinji would be much more like every other "teenage pilot made to save the world" in anime and commercial entertainment. Troubled but quickly wide eyed and happy.

Dude, I hope to Hell you are wrong.
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:53 am

I'm mega pumped for the TF movie, I don't care if it's "Bayified." If it's a big hit then it could mean the Evangelion and G.I. Joe movies will get spurred into production sooner!
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:49 am

seems like how they transform in the movie is still good, and they aren't afraid to show violence so it's all about the real life/CGI interaction and the plot line really.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:19 am

master0rolando wrote:what can i say...im a "primal" kinda guy baby

honestly this was intitial reaction to Rei smiling at the end of the Ramiel fight...(just pretend im Chiyo)

[URL=http://serv1.imagehigh.com/view.php?id=3653991_1152935519411.jpg&path=/imgss]Image[/URL]

Yotsuba.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”