Just a quick question.

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Just a quick question.

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I made account here yesterday and just now I had to make a new because my account disappeared. If a mod could explain to me what happened I would greatly appreciate it.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 pm

There's been a bunch of work being done on the servers for the site that have been causing some glitches apparently...perhaps that could have been the issue.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just a quick question.

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm

View Original PostPrincess Asuka wrote:I made account here yesterday and just now I had to make a new because my account disappeared. If a mod could explain to me what happened I would greatly appreciate it.

Yeah, it was an accident. The database got rolled back a few days and we accidentally lost some users.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 pm

That also explains why so many read posts suddenly became unread.

Princess Asuka - you did a good thing in signing up again under the same username. Your old posts still show up on a search under your name.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”