Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:- did we have a template to show some pictures only when clicking on a little tab? It's for the character picture on the bio box to show their pre and post-time skip appearance

Just throwing my two cents out here...Sorry I'm not directly answering your question, but I was thinking of the pre and post time skip picture issue over the weekend. Since Q takes up 33% of the Rebuild series so far, I think there really has to be a post skip picture somewhere in the bio box. I like your idea of the collapsible image, but I was also thinking of adding the post time skip image to the bottom of the box, kinda like how Wikipedia will have an alternative album cover under the info box for an album... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Difference_Does_It_Make%3F

Also, there's the option of jamming the pre and post time skip images right next to each other in the bio box, but I don't think that would be too aesthetically pleasing....
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 am

Well, I managed to make work a collapsing image thanks to the "mw-collapsible" div class, as you can see in the bio box here : http://wiki.evageeks.org/Misato_Katsuragi#In_Rebuild
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:25 am

Gentlemen, I think I have spotted an issue with the Reichu subs of the platinum DVDs, v3

At the end of the textfile for ep 16 reads the following. I believe the text I have highlighted in bold belongs to somewhere else, possibly episode 16 itself, episode 20 or even EoE?

Shinji:
The smell of blood won't come off.

TEXT:
To Be Continued

(ED)

Rei (OFF):
Do you love me?

Asuka (OFF):
Hey, you wanna kiss?

Misato (OFF):
Why don't you become one with me?

Rei (OFF):
Who are you?

Asuka (OFF):
Loneliness?

VOICES:
If you become one both in mind and body,
it's a very, very comforting feeling.
Pleasure... Sky of reality... Cruel strangers...
Do you want me?
Do you love me?
Do you love me?

TEXT:
Preview

Misato (OFF):
Eva Unit 04, which was being built in America,
vanished along with Nerv's 2nd Branch.
This incident forces them to select a new Eva pilot.
Next episode: "The Fourth Qualified Individual"

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:32 am

Episode's 16 ED has a couple of women saying those lines in an intimate/soft manner while Fly Me To The Moon plays. When it comes the time for the lyrics, the three women start singing.

IIRC the women are Rei, Misato and Asuka's seiyuus.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Falcon_of_the_Sun
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Falcon_of_the_Sun » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:02 am

Ah, interesting! Nevermind then.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:14 am

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Character_Name_Origins

This article on name origins needs to be updated for new information and for tone. It's a bit . . . cheeky.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:40 am

The tone is Anno's own rather jocular posting style. The parts that are (translations of) Anno's words should perhaps be called out more obviously.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Not touching that article's wording at all - it was lifted entirely from the Geektionary and Anno's interview and has 'legacy' value to it. However, I colored Anno's text purple and Reichu's commentary green.

We link to the Warships in Evangelion page in lieu of a separate name origins page, since we don't have information on the names of several Rebuild characters just yet (Sakura, for instance).
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:28 pm

I added Anno's essay on Gundam in the "Statements by Evangelion Staff" page. Please tell me if there are any changes that need to be made to this. Thank you.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Does anybody have the Animerica articles about The End of Evangelion or is it at least good as a resource? Magazine link here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1569318999/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:03 pm

I believe I have the very issue that the article appeared in a box somewhere (I think it was the September 2002 issue). May I ask what do you need them for?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 pm

I was curious if it'd be a good addition to our old Resources: Main page.

Speaking of, does that need some kind of overhaul? The content is definitely important as is to be archived, but maybe we should reorganize the page so it's not as messy?

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I was curious if it'd be a good addition to our old Resources: Main page.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details, but I believe there is an interview with Amanda Winn Lee as part of the coverage. Maybe this weekend I'll dig it up and see what's there. And perhaps I'll post a summary here or send you a PM if that's all right with you.

Speaking of old magazine articles, a few months ago, I found that a man by the name of Lance Heiskell(who works for Funimation) maintains a blog called Practice Makes Awesome, where he has put up ads and some features from old anime magazines of the late 1980s and 1990s. I was searching through them and came across the June 1995 issue of Animerica. Is this issue, they have a little blurb on Eva (I think this is different than the article mentioned by Carl Horn in volume 10 of the manga). Beside the article, they had a few images of Shinji, Unit 01, & Asuka (though she is misidentified as Rei). The article also has a few words from Anno. This is the article I'm talking about.

I think features like these could be good for the resources page. When I mentioned these to OMF, he stated (I think) that these blurbs were often translated from Japanese anime mags such as Animage & Newtype. So the question would be if it's better to get the original Japanese articles or not.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am

After an update of the page about the equipments(B-type, F-Type...), I was wondering, can we add the "WILLE armor type"?
It could be presented as an upgrade of the classical B-Type, and maybe add the one neo-NERV uses for its Evas too?(Mark.09 and EVA-13)
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 am

But Wille upgraded Eva-02 and Eva-08, hence the Beta and Gamma designations - so that might very well be the B-type equipment for the upgraded Evas. There's no clear information on that.

As for Mark.09 and Eva-13, both are weird as hell - a regenerating full-body core Eva plus a surviving Adam with four arms. Does their armor really classify as equipment? Mark.09 grew back more than a head - it grew back a sort of helmet to go with the head!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 am

If the Beta and Gamma designation means that the Eva itself(as if the organic part) got modification, and their armors are the B-type equivalent, that still make them Eva equipments.
But since we don't have any info yet until the CRC is released, we could add them as "WILLE Armor type" used as standard for the upgraded WILLE Evas, until we get more precises informations.

As for Mark.09, I admit that it's a too weird Eva to make assumptions(after all the whole body flashes "core-ish" when regenerating after Kitty EVA-02 chomp off its neck)

But for EVA-13, even with fact that it had extra arms and its an ADAM, there is no indication that it's not wearing a regular armor, after all Mark.06 too had to be armored, and it was an ADAM as well.
We could cut the apple in half and call EVA-13's armor "neo-NERV Armor type", and say that Mark.09's body follow the same pattern of armor, even thought due to its nature as a full-body core, we are not sure if its really wearing an armor or an "imitation" that it wear so WILLE won't realize its an ADAM's Vessel.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I think features like these could be good for the resources page. When I mentioned these to OMF, he stated (I think) that these blurbs were often translated from Japanese anime mags such as Animage & Newtype. So the question would be if it's better to get the original Japanese articles or not.

It'd probably be good to have the actual Japanese articles as a resource/backup but that English article looks good, I think.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Well, I dug up that old issue of Animerica (September 2012) that had coverage of EoE. I'll give a brief summary of the contents. The primary focus of the article was three essays on EoE of varying lengths. One by Patrick Macias, one by Andrew Osmond, and one by Mark Simmons. There are also two insert pieces both by Mark Simmons. One discusses the connection between Eva and the works of Harlan Ellison while the second is a brief analysis of episodes 25 & 26 of the TV series. The final part is an interview of Amanda Winn-Lee by Kelli Blackwell. AWL discusses various topics such as the process of translating EoE and her own interpretations of the film (for example, she states the now-defunct "Asuka at the end of the movie is her, Rei & Misato rolled into one" theory, which means if she didn't originate the theory, she might have popularized it). If anyone thinks these essays or the AWL interview might contatin anything of use, I might be able to get around to transcribing them sometime this winter. There are other things, both on the wiki as well as real life, that are ahead of the line.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:42 am

cyharding: I think it'd be a useful resource to have, but please take your time if you have other commitments. No rush at all. :)

___

I'm forgetting, do we have a wiki page of different Eva books/manga? This page is a good resource if we don't.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes, there is a page about the other publications of Evangelion, here.
It's also accessible on the main page.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”