Forum Feedback

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:07 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I've been using this userstyle (Stylish extension for Firefox)

[code:1]@-moz-document domain("forum.evageeks.org") {
img { max-width: 600px; }
}[/code:1]

It still d/l's the full resolution image, but shrinks it to fit. I've not tried to make it signal the actual image size, since that's not what I'm looking for.

Opera has a built-in button to do that.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Opera has a built-in button to do that.

Does it? Where?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I've noticed that it's impossible to look up the posting history of a few mods or admins beyond a page or two. Is this something built into the system?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I've noticed that it's impossible to look up the posting history of a few mods or admins beyond a page or two. Is this something built into the system?

It's because our hosting company disabled all the phpbb search tables in the database. Part of those tables cache results of a given search and you'll notice that when you attempt to go past the first page of the posting history (which is a search, "by author"), the links attempt to access the cache (search_id=######), which breaks, since we've had our cache disabled. It's not just mods or admins, it's anyone who has a large enough post count that a search always gets cached.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:15 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Does it? Where?

In the right-click "customize" dialogue for the toolbars, select the "buttons" tab and then the "browser view" section, and drag the "fit to width" button to where you want. You can also set it to be the default state in Preferences/Webpages, but this breaks some sites and is not recommended; sadly you can't set it per site.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 am

@pwhodges Thank you kindly, fellow Opera user! :D I know this will come in handy with some of the image dumps these guys make. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Like OMF, I am fairly tolerant of topic drift, especially when you guys make the split easy on me by at least keeping your individual posts either fully on-topic or fully off-topic.

This, of course, is easier if multiple replies are allowed so that it is possible to join both on-topic and off-topic (and likely to be split) conversations without having to combine them into the same post; just a thought...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 am

Just for the record -- not sure how feasible the fixing would be -- but there's a serious encoding issue with the AJAX double-click simple post editor and non-ASCII text, which gets various HTML encodings applied

> & (? 管理担当医官) -- initial text

%uFEFF%uFF1E &amp (? %u7BA1%u7406%u62C5%u5F53%u533B%u5B98) -- after AJAX editing

So, don't simple-edit your posts full of Japanese transcriptions.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Why must this forum use phpBB?! :asuka_sad:

All I want to do is print out an entire thread. With vBulletin, it's a breeze. As far as I can tell from my Googling, the only way to do it with phpBB is if the admins install some sort of plug-in for it. Could the admins please look into this? Pretty please with a cherry-lipped MPE on top?

:harpy_liplick:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 pm

To make it worse, the plug-in is for phpbb3, which is completely different. But I'll add it to the long list of forum upgrades for when I'm drunk and bored.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:To make it worse, the plug-in is for phpbb3, which is completely different. But I'll add it to the long list of forum upgrades for when I'm drunk and bored.

Let me know when you're bored. I'll buy you a beer. :D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:11 pm

I recently turned off the "Always notify me of replies" option so I can look at whatever threads instead, but I still get notifications of threads that I'd have to manually unwatch the topic.

Anyway to fix this?

For that matter, is there a list of our subscribed threads that we can access or edit as needed?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 am

On IE 8 the text window doesn't scroll when entering a response to a forum post. I can still enter data as normal, and I can scroll it manually, but as soon as I enter any text below the boundaries of the window it immediately scrolls back to the top. This started happening around the time Tines started fiddling with the spacing layout for the forum, and I haven't had the problem in Firefox, but I don't know if the issues are connected.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 am

First post or spam?

FlyingEva -- http://forum.evageeks.org/post/659769/What-anime-are-you-watching-right-now-May-2013/#659769

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:First post or spam?

FlyingEva -- http://forum.evageeks.org/post/659769/What-anime-are-you-watching-right-now-May-2013/#659769
I am going with first post didn't RTM
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 pm

So the clock being some 10 minutes ahead is a Dreamhost issue, right? Could it be fixed by contacting them? I have other means of checking the time, it just throws me off when it's incorrect like that.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm

View Original PostMisatoCrush wrote:Thanks for all the tips guys and gals.

Just out of curiosity why is there no way to 'Like' a post?
Does such functionality slow down/bog down the website?

Cheers

I know that's been around on forums long before Facebook, Twitter, and the like, but: Our forum software is super hacked out and we're running the 2004 version of phpBB, anyway.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:57 pm

According to Ornette, no. We run a 10-year old version of phpbb, and phpbb2 never had this feature.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Could it be possible that the edit page, similar to the reply page, have a thread history? I mean, it has all the posts in a list below the textbox. It's just inconvenient to, when editing a post, flip back and forth between the two pages.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Not sure what you mean by "thread history". There is only ever one copy of the content in posts in the database, once that's changed, whatever the old content is lost forever. But I guess it's possible to display the unedited version of the post that you're editing.

If it's a matter of other people's posts in the actual thread, just double click on the post you want to edit, and select "Quick Edit" to edit the post in place.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”