Mandelbrot set?

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

loft
Embryo

Mandelbrot set?

•      
  •      

Postby loft » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

[url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_23[/url]

Here it says: "The resulting huge explosion destroys most of the city, and the waters of Lake Ashinoko flood the impact site, which visibly resembles a Mandelbrot Set."

Now, I may be a little bit stupid but I can't find a Mandelbrot set from that episode no matter how hard I look. Could someone be kind enough post a screenshot or something? Thank you.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

The only thing that's slightly evocative of a Mandelbrot set is the fact that those two giant lakes are almost tangent to each other, like the two largest round parts of the set. Other than that, I didn't see anything. And even that didn't really pop out at me as a Mandelbrot set.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Paranoid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Is the "resembles a Mandelbrot set" taken from any official source, or is it just fanwank?
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 pm

It was added in this revision, but I don't see a Mandelbrot set either in the DC or OA versions of episode 23 right after the eye catch. Nor does a search for "Mandelbrot" show up any relevant threads. We can probably remove that bit from the wiki.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”