[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm

I just finalized my payment on my Unit 02 RAH. So super excited! While these new RAHs look nice, I'm glad I prefer the original design of Unit 02, or I'd be hurting right now. And I personally think human RAH's (so most of them) just look really strange and silly.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:42 am

So, following on from user Restriktion's comment in the now locked Q figure thread; it does indeed look like the Revoltech Evangelions from #136 and upwards will be a little bigger, at around roughly 160mm tall (Eva-13 being the tallest at 165mm).

It's going to irk me greatly that the Mark.09 won't be to exact scale with my Mark.06.
But comparing the Revo Mark.06 (140mm) which scales nearly perfectly with the SHMA Godzilla '94 at 155mm, I'm hoping the difference won't be too noticeable once they're all lined up, displayed together in person...

Anyone else have any thoughts or issues with the slight change in size with the Revo Evas?

Oh, having mentioned Figmas before as well - A Kuronami figure would be delightful.

I'll wait on the inevitable Q Asuka RAH.

Dude - There already is, haha.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:26 am

I don't know if I'm just being thick but I don't know why unit 13 is bigger than the other Eva's. It's kinda hard to tell in the movie but I didn't notice unit 13 being any bigger in the film itself (which, seeing as he's only a little bigger isn't surprising, really). As for the new figures being a little bigger than the older ones, it's a little annoying I guess but like you say it wont be that extreme so... Scale isn't that big an issue for me (no pun intended) but I can understand your ire.

I think the change of size is indicative of Kaiyodo's (new) approach to these figures, granted they haven't come out yet but what we've seen so far, to me, speaks of an increase in quality and I think the size increase has something to do with that. These figures exist in a market alongside the robot Damashii Eva's (though we haven't heard from the for a while, hopefully that isn't the case forever more), the medicom Eva's, figma and Bandai's output in general. So they've got to up the ante a bit and I believe they've done that. Their recent Snake figure is another good example. I think the size increase is linked to that, don't they scale with the Damashii's, or am I imagining that?

Man that was a ramble, apologies for that. Hey, you never know this size increase might lead them to do new versions of the 2.0 Eva's (a guy can dream right).
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Dude - There already is, haha.

I think he's talking about Asuka in the new Q!plugsuit.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I think he's talking about Asuka in the new Q!plugsuit.

The gamma configuration one, to be precise.

I am well aware this is meant to be the Action Figure thread, but since forum residents already advertised static figures and garage kits here, i am near certain that following information belongs here. If the moderation happens to want a separate thread, please inquire.

First, Bandai announced an 3.0 Mechanics Box model kit/figure set(?). It finally includes an accurate AAA Wunder model, albeit off-scale. There is also the supposed-to-be-realistic rocket booster we all know scientific effort went into, which was used during operation US along with non-scale clear figures of Evangelion-13, Mark.09(rocket booster ver.), 02 Kai Gamma and 08 Alpha. Release date is apparently the first day of September.

Pictures  SPOILER: Show

It also seems that the figure wishes of Blue Monday are coming true today. While it's sadly no addition to the Figma line, Wave announced a 160mm Figure of (tentative) Rei Ayanami. She is slated for release in November.

Pictures  SPOILER: Show

And they are also new(?) Evangelion-related entries to Wave's Treasure Figure line in form of Asuka in both 2.0 plugsuits and Mari in her provisional suit. But i guess no one cares by now.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

A shame the Eva figures are so horrifically off-scale, 'cause the kit looks pretty cool.

Also, still no more Eva Figmas. Booooooo. Less statues, more action figures!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am

blue Monday wrote:locked Q figure thread

Sorry for an inconvenience there, but it was time to end the segregation. I could merge it with this one, lock it up and split off the last few pages to start up thread #3 if you'd prefer? I'm also wondering why there is a separate sticky for fig news when it gets so little traffic and you're already discussing such developments in here as it is.

So, serious question: what would you guys prefer be done here? I mean it's really your sub-community, so why shouldn't you decide?

Please PM me your thoughts on the matter rather than derailing the whole thread. Deadline is Monday.
Last edited by NemZ on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:07 pm

This gives hopes for new damashiis
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:33 pm

They've abandoned the rubber-coated arms? D:

Well this could be interesting.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 am

Nah, no worries.
Also I'm all for a figures superthread as opposed to having it spread thin over two or three separate ones or whatever...

It also seems that the figure wishes of Blue Monday are coming true today.

Hehe - Yeah, I saw that over on AmiAmi last night. It's what prompted the Figma comment.

Looks gorgeous though!
Warren Peace, #643919

unit450
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby unit450 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 am

Medicom previewed the RAH Neo Eva Unit-00 at their own Toy Exhibition event it looks like, only got this one photo off Cybergundam's blog[Edit. Switched with better pics off MFC](tried skimming 2ch's 'toy' board but nothing there just yet); so stuck waiting/hoping for more shots.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/hj1z.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Entry on MFC is claiming it as a WonFes Summer '13 exclusive which matches what some probably saw happening, hope they have a big number at the show like they did with the Awakened Unit-01; probably gonna have to ask my cousin if she can help me out with this instead of the uncle this time. Keeping my fingers crossed for Unit-03 still...

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:They've abandoned the rubber-coated arms? D:

Well this could be interesting.

Probably just because trying the keep the different colored elbows in those rubber sheaths would just too much of a splitting headache for Bandai. Still it's gonna come off as a wasteful spending spending to others, but Bandai is gonna get me to spring for the Eva Unit-08b because of those arms; wanna use them for a slightly modified Eva Unit-03 kit I've been wanting to build for myself.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 am

Awwww.
I can imagine your mood when you saw those pics.
You may have your Rah version of Zerogoki chérie after all.

I feel more interested on getting this one than the 3.0 version of Eva 02 and Eva 08.

For Eva-08 the design of the Bandai Kit version is more pleasant than the Rah version for what I can see. It would be nice if they sell unpainted version . XD

BTW Rah 02 figures start to be shipped (for me yesterday).

Edit for a useless P.S :
Robot Damashii, move your butt!

unit450
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby unit450 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 am

Also to sting a little bit more, they got a RAH 'Flight Jacket' Asuka to be sold as the second Eva RAH exclusive as well...

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/ui0j.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/sds9.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Aurelian wrote:Awwww.
I can imagine your mood when you saw those pics.
You may have your RAH version of Zerogoki chérie after all.

Did not last long. Relatives are gonna be unavailable for at least the first day of the show, so I'm gonna have to pray and hope they can snag one off the webshop for me.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 pm

I somehow managed to stop myself from getting Asuka in her 3.0 plugsuit with helmet...but I am not strong enough to resist her in her track jacket and cat hat!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:09 pm

View Original Postfleeting wrote:I somehow managed to stop myself from getting Asuka in her 3.0 plugsuit with helmet...but I am not strong enough to resist her in her track jacket and cat hat!

Don't feel bad... If I were into character figures myself, I could've not resisted either (is that written correctly? :bigeyes: )

Anyways, I really looks like RAH is gonna make all the Evas... And that pic of the diorama with the 3 units running... Lordy :nosebleed:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:13 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:So, following on from user Restriktion's comment in the now locked Q figure thread; it does indeed look like the Revoltech Evangelions from #136 and upwards will be a little bigger, at around roughly 160mm tall (Eva-13 being the tallest at 165mm).

It's going to irk me greatly that the Mark.09 won't be to exact scale with my Mark.06.
But comparing the Revo Mark.06 (140mm) which scales nearly perfectly with the SHMA Godzilla '94 at 155mm, I'm hoping the difference won't be too noticeable once they're all lined up, displayed together in person...

Anyone else have any thoughts or issues with the slight change in size with the Revo Evas?

I could be wrong but could the 160mm be inaccurate? I bought Eva 08a and despite the box saying its 160mm It is no larger than the other EVA EVOs. Perhaps Eva 13 is the only one that is larger? In the image advertised on Amiami under the Mark.09 product details, Mark.09 and 02y are smaller than 13, while 09 being the shortest. I think that the 160mm applies to 02y and 08b, 165mm being 13 and mark.09 remains 140 along with 08a.
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

Strings
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Strings » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 pm

RAH Eva 00! I just preordered this baby online. Looks like I'll have to be picking up another detolf. :facepalm:

If mark 06 ever came out in the RAH line, this collection will have exceeded my expectations.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Perhaps it has something to do with up to where is the Eva being measured...
To the head?
The horns?
The pylon?
The shoulder?

That represents a 10 to 15 mm difference... I guess we'll know until someone has one of them and takes a pic of the units together...

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:I could be wrong but could the 160mm be inaccurate?

Hopefully, and it is worth keeping in mind.

I was looking over Shane's pics of Eva-08α (Stated as also being of the 160mm height) last night and noticed that it was basically to scale with the rest of the Revo Evas pictured. It just looks taller because of [s]it's[/s] its, umm, interesting head design, hehe.

Edit: Grammar.
Last edited by Blue Monday on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:It just looks taller because of it's, umm, interesting head design, hehe.

The horns...
Then again, Mark .09 may be smaller when considering it's in the headless form... Maybe it's measured up to the neck...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”