Moderation Discussion (No complaints against members)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Sorry if I am slow, but is NemZ/Xard/MonkEd a mod now? Because they have the green text for their names, or maybe they asked for the colour to be changed, or wth is going on?

Edit: Reads New Mods announcement.

Welp, I guess I'm not as slow. Anyways, congratulations to you three for getting mod status. This should prove interesting.
Last edited by Stryker on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The circumstances of the "James Sunderland" account were such that it was a clear ban-evasion attempt by AlexanderSoryuu

Ah. Yes, that would explain it quite clearly.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey, we have new mods! Congrats, you three! :peace:

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Btw what is the purpose of the Final subforum in the Rebuild area? Right now it just seems to be a dumping ground for locked threads (shouldn't those belong in the Eva Graveyard?) rather than a place for Final-based discussion. Granted, we're probably a year or two too early to actually start seriously discussing Final, but what is the purpose of the subforum then?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:11 pm

We're keeping the Final subforum for whenever Final news comes out, and then it's open for business again.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 pm

As I understand it, the Final subforum is under construction.

EDIT: Oops. Too slow.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:15 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:As I understand it, the Final subforum is under construction.

I see. I just don't understand why it's being used as a dumping ground for threads that don't involve Final, such as "[SPOILERS?] Tunniel" and "Another Q Theory".
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And I'm nothing like you

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:We're keeping the Final subforum for whenever Final news comes out, and then it's open for business again.

Couldn't we at least put the "4th Film Info and Speculation" thread in there for now?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:48 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Couldn't we at least put the "4th Film Info and Speculation" thread in there for now?

I'd second this movement. And Shino, all of the posts inside of the subforum can be commented upon. We simply can't make new topics in there.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'd second this movement. And Shino, all of the posts inside of the subforum can be commented upon. We simply can't make new topics in there.

Oh, OK. Still don't see why those particular threads are in there, though, since most of them aren't Final-related.

And I'm nothing like you

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I just don't understand why it's being used as a dumping ground for threads that don't involve Final

All the threads you see in the Final subforum should have (Moved) next to it.

When moving threads to a new area, the former location of the thread can still be visible (Unless you uncheck it when moving threads). That's probably what you're seeing. This is a good headsup for [s]The Shield[/s] our 3 new mods, too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Those threads are shadow topics, "ghosts" caused by moving the thread from one subforum to another. Remember, this is just the old Q subforum renamed, purged of topics and put into deep freeze. The shadow topics just redirect to the active thread in another subforum, and they'll go only once the subforum itself is deleted - which is whenever we lift the 4.0 spoiler policy, years from now.

There's no point at all in keeping a subforum alive for the sake of one topic. The Final subforum is there for whenever spoilers for 4.0 arise, from which point onwards all spoiler discussion is quarantined in it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Those threads are shadow topics, "ghosts" caused by moving the thread from one subforum to another. Remember, this is just the old Q subforum renamed, purged of topics and put into deep freeze. The shadow topics just redirect to the active thread in another subforum, and they'll go only once the subforum itself is deleted - which is whenever we lift the 4.0 spoiler policy, years from now.

There's no point at all in keeping a subforum alive for the sake of one topic. The Final subforum is there for whenever spoilers for 4.0 arise, from which point onwards all spoiler discussion is quarantined in it.

Oh, OK. Sorry, I thought that the (Moved) tag meant the thread had been moved into the subform, instead of taken out. Thanks for clarifying.

And I'm nothing like you

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'd second this movement. And Shino, all of the posts inside of the subforum can be commented upon. We simply can't make new topics in there.

The subforum is going to be the equivalent of the "Q" subforum, the place where all spoilers will go. Moving that thread into that subforum would just mean we'd need to move it out once the movie is actually released in theaters. I assume that it's just been renamed instead of deleted because there was some issues with the Q subforum when the movie was released. There's a couple of extra steps needed to create a new subforum and make it work with a bunch of the forum modifications. Since I wasn't around to do that, the forum was created but nobody could actually get to it, at least not until I found some wifi connection when I was in Japan and setup the proper linking. With the "Final" subforum already there, but locked, there will be no need for any extra work the day it's released in theatres, even if I'm in Japan and not around an internet connection to do the extra steps to make it work. It would just be unlocked when the time comes.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”