Asuka's Left Eye in 3.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 01, 2013 4:58 pm

View Original PostNa7e wrote:The blue goo that Mark.09 uses to hack the AAA wunder is very similar to the goo that's keeping the entry plug of Unit-03 from ejecting.

It looks like blue blood sausage to me. It also bears a resemblance to the bases of the heads of the decapitated FOIs, as well as the tendril-y stuff coming out of Lilith.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Ritsuko never actually says Asuka is free of contamination, she just says that "The cellular erosion has dissipated".

Whoa! If this is true, that's pretty major for my interpretation of what exactly has happened to Asuka. Can anyone else back this up?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sajuuk_Khar
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Sajuuk_Khar » Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Whoa! If this is true, that's pretty major for my interpretation of what exactly has happened to Asuka. Can anyone else back this up?

My copy of Eva 2.22, the THORA release with UTW subs, says

"although all traces of cellular contamination have disappeared, we cannot rule out the possibility of mental contamination by the angel."

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Thu May 02, 2013 7:01 pm

i said all this when the camrip came out and no one believed me, does anyone even read my posts ?
On note of bardiel, o noticed it was the only angel that didnt colapse or went kaboom, even shamshell aledgely colapsed off screen since we didnt saw a body, body bardiel goo was still on entry plug,they just said it went silent, but a submarine can go silent by diminishing its sonar returns,looking smaller and hence undetected, if bardiel went from humongous eva size to fungi spore size , nerv sensors wouldnt be able to pick it up, otherwise they would'va picked on it when it before it infected eva 03, or even before the activation of eva 03, remember bardiel was already there and no one knew
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 02, 2013 7:20 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:On note of bardiel, o noticed it was the only angel that didnt colapse or went kaboom

I'm pretty sure the NOM shows the standard Blood Explosion

SPOILER: Show

Even with the funky lighting that looks more like blood than LCL.

View Original Postbladerj wrote:even shamshell aledgely colapsed off screen since we didnt saw a body

We don't get wide shots until the bloody rain, but the core explodes bloor right in Eva-01's face

They've been very consistent with these, probably because they are purdy effects shots.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 pm

ok, i forgot the shamshell, but on the bardiel i will refute, becouse "I" personally interpreted that as anno messing with us, to me the liquid spurting looked more like LCL releasing under pressure, like the Rei scene with beserker eva 00.
ANATA BAKA !?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

All the blue junk on the entry plug disappears. I.e., 9th Angel's Field collapses; it dissolves into "blood".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:ok, i forgot the shamshell, but on the bardiel i will refute, becouse "I" personally interpreted that as anno messing with us, to me the liquid spurting looked more like LCL releasing under pressure, like the Rei scene with beserker eva 00.

Normal lighting.

Definitely looks like the blood they have to scrub off the whole city after every bloodsplosion.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am

I wouldn't interpret it more as Bardiel surviving, but more as Bardiel imparting a fraction of itself to Asuka or altering Asuka to give her some of its qualities. Bardiel itself may very welll be deceased, even if part of it still lives on in Asuka.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

AlphaGamma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaGamma » Wed May 08, 2013 7:19 am

I came across an article (?) that has something to do with Asuka's eye in evablog. Ofc the translation doesn't really help, maybe someone can actually understand what's written in it...

Lots of tweets so i guess it may be something relevant (or maybe Asuka's eyepatch is liked by cosplayers a lot...)

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2302.html

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 am

View Original PostAlphaGamma wrote:[url]http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2302.html[/url]

Silly Evablog, we already found that.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Silly Evablog, we already found that.

There's still hilarious stuff in the comments. This isn't the right thread for this but I'm honestly not sure which is:

Ayanami(yui?Rei?)
Daiichi-shito
Asuka
Mari
Shinji

Look at first letters.

Daiichi-shito = First Angel = fomerly Kaworu

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:There's still hilarious stuff in the comments. This isn't the right thread for this but I'm honestly not sure which is:

Look at first letters.

Daiichi-shito = First Angel = fomerly Kaworu

lol I'm trying not to be impressed by that.

K271
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby K271 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 am

In favour of the Angel related Eye theory, if Bardiel had the ability to infect an Eva unit, he could easily infect Asuka as well. Of course, this confuses me because it doesn't seem logical that the angel is dead if he managed to infect another host, and after seeing the images posted in the topic, I firmly believe that the angel IS dead.

So the infection maybe didn't happened in the normal, physical way Bardiel infected unit 03, and Asuka just trascended beyond her humanity in some way after being in deep synch with an Angel. This seems consistent with Ritsuko dialogue about Asuka, wich implies that the contamination danger at the moment was mental, not physical.

Why this is represented in the form of a left glowing eye can be just mere design (It looks cool), but the glyph in the eyepatch confirms to me that is come Angel-related thing being held behind it, wich I don't think is properly a residue of Bardiel but a part of Asuka that transformed due to her experience in the unit 03.
[K]

RedMeteor
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RedMeteor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 am

Btw, we saw a blue cross in an eye before Q. Remember this 2.22 easter egg?

[/spoiler]

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:31 am

View Original PostRedMeteor wrote:Btw, we saw a blue cross in an eye before Q. Remember this 2.22 easter egg?

[/spoiler]

The blue cross in Asuka's eyepatch is just an artifact light trying to shine through the glyphs: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/623899/-Asukas-Left-Eye-in-30/#623899

Also see http://forum.evageeks.org/post/624061/-Asukas-Left-Eye-in-30/#624061

RedMeteor
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RedMeteor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:41 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The blue cross in Asuka's eyepatch is just an artifact light trying to shine through the glyphs: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/623899/-Asukas-Left-Eye-in-30/#623899

Also see http://forum.evageeks.org/post/624061/-Asukas-Left-Eye-in-30/#624061

Aww damn, must have missed it, sorry.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The blue cross in Asuka's eyepatch is just an artifact light trying to shine through the glyphs

...What's an "artifact light"?

I do think the light might be connected to Bardiel in some way, whether it's just because of mental contamination or some physical remnant of the Angel. The glyphs are clearly there for a reason.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:45 am

Typo