Favorite/Least favorite charas & why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:49 pm

View Original PostAlexanderSoryuu wrote:I wouldn't either, it'd feel like selfcest.

You like Kaworu, and you seem to like Kaworu a lot. Now, if you're saying that would be like "selfcest", can it safely be concluded that you fap to thoughts of yourself? We could be on to something new and revolutionary here.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 pm

...does anyone remember love?
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:50 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:It's not like I meant it or anything! It's not true! And I've had enough of your stupidity so goodbye!

I-It's not like I'm using heart-shapes because I like you or anything! Baka!

Getting back to the topic, I would have to say that Kaji is one my favourite characters. He's just really cool and is one of the few characters besides Misato who seems to show any interest in Shinji's wellbeing. Also he's uber-suave, and half of Misato/Kaji-the only canonical straight romantic pairing in the series (disregarding all of Gendo's affairs).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:I meant what I said, I can't stand him. Stay headless, Kaworu, you look better that way.

Only vaguely related but i think i can see how Kaworu might inspire such a negative/uncanny valley reaction upon some people.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:18 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:I couldn't be friends with someone who looks like an insufferable ****.

Hmm? While Shinji's personality is certainly passive-aggresive as hell and it's not hard at all to imagine why some people would dislike him i seriously don't see what aspect of his appeareance would give you that impression, he really looks just average.

...does anyone remember love?

Not anymore :raincloud:

On topic: Aside from the obvious choice (Shinji) Misato is rather close as well. Rei is... She's a favorite too, but in a completely different way/wavelenght than any other character i've seen.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I-It's not like I'm using heart-shapes because I like you or anything! Baka!

Getting back to the topic, I would have to say that Kaji is one my favourite characters. He's just really cool and is one of the few characters besides Misato who seems to show any interest in Shinji's wellbeing. Also he's uber-suave, and half of Misato/Kaji-the only canonical straight romantic pairing in the series (disregarding all of Gendo's affairs).

It's not like I used heart-shapes because I liked him!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 am

View Original PostDream wrote:Shinji's

Goddammit, Dream.

Koneko_Hime
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Koneko_Hime » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:42 pm

When I first started it was Rei. but I think it's Shinji cause I feel like I can identify. and also Misato she's a strong character to me, despite having imperfection and not being perfect all the time, but to me it truly makes her quiet human. Asuka, I can never decide if I love or hate her lol despite my icon, it was a picture i had lying around.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:49 pm

You mean, your favorite character isn't Rei anymore? That's unfortunate, Rei enthusiasts are in short supply here.

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:57 pm

[s:90ggmsmr]I used to love Rei, but then I took an arrow to the kn-[/s:90ggmsmr]

i'll show myself out :facepalm:

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:i'll show myself out :facepalm:

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:i'll show myself out :facepalm:

Look, buddy, I'm sorry but that's not gonna be good enough....
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 pm

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:[s]I used to love Rei, but then I took an arrow to the kn-[/s]

i'll show myself out :facepalm:
These jokes are so old even my grandpa knows them.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:08 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:These jokes are so old even my grandpa knows them.

They're not old, they're vintage. If he put it up for sale on eBay, it would sell for a fortune!

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:They're not old, they're vintage. If he put it up for sale on eBay, it would sell for a fortune!
Wanna bet?

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:09 pm

well played, good sir :D

Keeping the thread slightly on topic, i guess my favorite character would be Shinji. when i first got ahold of EVA back in 2003-4, i didn't really like anyone other than Rei; Shinji was a wuss, Misato was too much of a boozefetarian, Gendo a cold-hearted cherk, and so on and so forth. i mean i liked Rei, but that was because of [s:36l1k9tn]boobs[/s:36l1k9tn] her seemingly understanding personality. Of course, you must remember this was before i knew all of the convoluted backstory behind all of these characters, and now viewing the series through a more wizened and slightly more understanding lens, i must profess that Shinji is the sanest one of them all; an adolescent boy with virtually no one who cares for him thrust into a world he neither wanted nor asked for. it would be hard to envision anyone not acting the way he did under these circumstances (what with being 14 and all). So yeah, Shinji would be the answer for me as well, i suppose.

Koneko_Hime
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Koneko_Hime » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:You mean, your favorite character isn't Rei anymore? That's unfortunate, Rei enthusiasts are in short supply here.

Well she is i don't know.. that sucks she is quiet a good character. I guess you start getting attach to other characters you kind of just change it. and yes I kind of do know the truth, about Rei, and it doesn't make me like her any less.

Dovah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dovah » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Does Unit-02 count? Just the cyborg monstrosity though, not its soul.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm

View Original PostKoneko_Hime wrote:Well she is i don't know.. that sucks she is quiet a good character. I guess you start getting attach to other characters you kind of just change it. and yes I kind of do know the truth, about Rei, and it doesn't make me like her any less.

I do agree that she's a solid character, and on top of that, I also like Rei for personal reasons.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm

My favorite character is Rei because of how the aura of mystery surrounds her so eloquently that you can't wait to decipher her. I'm also a Shinji/Rei couple supporter regardless of her origins.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”