[DOUJINSHI] Re-Take

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Now that I think about it, the only good use of the peggy sue mechanic was Groundhog Day and that barely fits the category. It's just so goddamn lazy.

Eva-UnitK
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eva-UnitK » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Hey guys do you know where I can find Re-Take all ages version in Portuguese? Im looking for that version for a friend of mine.
Hardcore Asuka Fan! Evangelion for life!

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 pm

View Original PostEva-UnitK wrote:Hey guys do you know where I can find Re-Take all ages version in Portuguese? Im looking for that version for a friend of mine.

It is unlikely that you will find them in Portuguese, it may not exist. It is against the rules to ask for copyrighted media or provide links thereto. My suggestion is to look on Fakku. You may be able to find them there. I've been translating them into German, so you may try asking a Brazilian or Portuguese *chan, but it they have to translate it, prepare to pay for it.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:It is against the rules to ask for copyrighted media or provide links thereto.

Except this stuff isn't copyrighted because it already breaks copyright laws by itself. Anyway it's been already translated, search "evangelion studio kimigabuchi portuguese" (without quotation marks) on g.e-hentai.org.
I don't even know why I'm doing it, your friend will probably suffer because of this doujin.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't even know why I'm doing it, your friend will probably suffer because of this doujin.

It does weird things to people.

Side effects of Re-Take include: Nausea; Vomiting; Feelings of hopelessness; and involuntary eye spasms.

Eva-UnitK
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eva-UnitK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 am

Well personally I thought it was compelling and very well made. Still each to their own opinion. Anyway thank you for helping me, it is greatly appreciated!
Hardcore Asuka Fan! Evangelion for life!

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 pm

So is this any good or is it not?
Oh wait is this by any chance this? Because that could be an issue if this is that.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:37 pm

I thought Retake was worth reading if you're an Asuka person.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:35 am

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote: if you're an Asuka person.
You mean if you're an LAS person. But even then, they do have get her brain damaged before setting up the wedding.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:So is this any good or is it not?
Oh wait is this by any chance this? Because that could be an issue if this is that.

Its quite low in my opinion, I heard people say it was great if not better than Anno's work which is fucking disgusting to me(swear was for emphasis). Its just fanfiction but it does have some good art.

The characters are out of characters too. I think, it takes stuff from the manga. Shinji remembers a monologue and Rei's hand holding and Kaji calling Shinji out in Toji's incident implying he died. Shinji is much more normal without his heavy issues from the anime. So I can't tell if its from the anime or manga. Its probably a mix of the 2 which is VERY inconsistent. The Manga lacks the hedgehog's dilemma, Ritsuko didn't even do that speech and Shinji doesn't even have the passive personality to be a foil to Asuka. That and EoE's important scenes like the coma and choking was based on the drama and themes from the hedgehogs dilemma. So I think the artist didn't get the point of it. Shinji didn't seem to have the personality of the anime in Retake. It looks like its from the manga. So thats why its so confusing.

It also has Rei kill herself when Shinji said he loved Asuka. Rei anime or Manga would never do that.

The plot revolves around time travel and yes, a kid. Shinji forgot to wear a condom in a hentai scene.

So its just a fanfic. I hear this doujin recommended along with other official eva works and people think it THAT good and satisfying when really, its low quality fanfiction.
Last edited by SimplyMason0 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:40 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:You mean if you're an LAS person. But even then, they do have get her brain damaged before setting up the wedding.

I'm a LAS type and I was not impressed by Re-Take.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I'm a LAS type and I was not impressed by Re-Take.

Forgive me for my ignorance but what does LAS mean? Lust Asuka and Shinji?

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:49 am

Love Asuka Shinji

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:47 am

I was really disappointed with Re-Take. I don't care what pairing is used, as long as it's a good story and the other characters aren't unfairly bashed... and that's where Re-Take blew it big time. Rei and Kaworu were treated horribly, and Toji was portrayed as an abusive jerk. Ugh. Also, Shinji decided in End of Evangelion that running away from reality was no good, but Re-Take just threw that character development out the window! :facepalm:

The art in Re-Take was nice, but that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it. However, as with all matters, your mileage may vary.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

definitely one of the better EVA doujin out there - great artwork, decent story, and isn't hopelessly defeatist or overly saccharine, which is what usually happens anyway, so kudos to the author for walking the middle path

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:27 pm

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:I was really disappointed with Re-Take. I don't care what pairing is used, as long as it's a good story and the other characters aren't unfairly bashed... and that's where Re-Take blew it big time. Rei and Kaworu were treated horribly, and Toji was portrayed as an abusive jerk. Ugh. Also, Shinji decided in End of Evangelion that running away from reality was no good, but Re-Take just threw that character development out the window! :facepalm:

Hmm, Re-take's treatment of Rei is certainly a flaw (even if deliciously nightmarish-creepy), Kaworu was hilariously insane, and i honestly don't remember any instance where Toji could have come accross as a abusive jerk (there is the scene where he punches Asuka but cirscumtances render any accusation of abuser towards him moot, IIRC). Also, Shinji accepts reality in Re-take as well, even if it might not seem that way.

The art wasn't particularly outstanding and the story was a bit cheesy and non-sensical, but really sweet. And really, isn't that the best quality of a fan-fic? It's mostly for fun and you get to see things you wouldn't have seen in the original series, at least that's the paradigm for me.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Dream wrote:i honestly don't remember any instance where Toji could have come accross as a abusive jerk (there is the scene where he punches Asuka but cirscumtances render any accusation of abuser towards him moot, IIRC).

Sorry, "abusive jerk" may not have been the right words to use. I'll go with "unnecessarily violent jerk", then. He punched Rei right in the face, and there was no need to do that! She was unarmed and was simply trying to leave the room. All he had to do was try to talk her out of leaving, or block the door or something. But no, his immediate solution was to use Rei's face as a punching bag! I just don't think Toji would do that to an unarmed girl who wasn't posing a threat to anybody.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah that part was OOC as hell for Touji and bizarre to say the least. Oh well, at least it was hilarious as hell.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:So is this any good or is it not?

Considering I'm not a master on (non-h :devil: ) Eva Doujins I'm not sure if you're talking about Re-take there, but I do think Re-take ends with their daughter (been a very long time since I read it).

On my end, I quite frankly loved it. What you need to understand about Re-take is that it's an LAS story at heart, so if you're a fan of Rei or Kaworu you're going to be disappointed, a lot. I think reports of the authors mishandling of Asuka and Shinji are greatly exaggerated, but I completely agree Rei and and Kaworu were botched.

Some people draw issue with the sex scenes. I don't know, they didn't bother me much. Honestly I just skipped through them quickly since they weren't what I was there for. Plus there's the all ages version, which I do believe is the "definitive" version anyway.

The biggest problem I remember having was their "wedding." That was the stupidest thing out of the whole manga, and one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. They're 13 and 14, they're freaking kids and they've been in a relationship for months at most, and they want to get married? That's the kind of stuff you see 8 year olds on the play ground do when they make promises they'll get married when they're older, and their moms and pa's go "Dawwww so cute." but everyone knows they're not getting married. And yet in Re-take you have Shinji and Asuka want to get married, and you have all the adults okay with it. Even fucking Gendo. God the marriage plot point was dumb as hell.

But yea, otherwise I really liked it and it's divisive enough that I'd recommend, if your an LAS fan, you at least read it to see whether you like it or not.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:06 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:
The biggest problem I remember having was their "wedding." That was the stupidest thing out of the whole manga, and one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. They're 13 and 14, they're freaking kids and they've been in a relationship for months at most, and they want to get married? That's the kind of stuff you see 8 year olds on the play ground do when they make promises they'll get married when they're older, and their moms and pa's go "Dawwww so cute." but everyone knows they're not getting married. And yet in Re-take you have Shinji and Asuka want to get married, and you have all the adults okay with it. Even fucking Gendo. God the marriage plot point was dumb as hell.

in some countries, it is customary for couples to be wed at the ripe age of 12-15; i would give you a source but i'm drawing blanks right now

as for the whole "dumb" aspect of their marriage, there's this:

if you were brought up in a Judeo-Christian/Nuclear Family type of household, you may have learned that one of the ultimate expressions of love between two people was for them to get married. so let's say, hypothetically, that bearing these customs and values in mind you go out and meet someone for whom you have strong feelings. then for whatever reason, whether it be outside circumstances (e.g. end of the world) or the nature of your occupation or whatnot, wouldn't you want to make your feelings for that person as apparent and meaningful as possible? granted, i think marriage, along with religion and politics are all obsolete forms of human interaction, but i digress.

besides, i know it's been stated over and over, but it bears repeating:
it's only a silly fanfic; let them eat Pocky if they want to :D

Return to “Fan Works”