Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Thu May 16, 2013 6:19 am

I'd forgotten about the red spear! Now I feel a little bettter about buying these figures (and makes the bitter pill of having to pay for EMS shipping a little easier to swallow).
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Psychodrake
Embryo

Postby Psychodrake » Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah they look out of proportion, their bodies seem a little too stumpy in general.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu May 16, 2013 2:52 pm

Are the Bandai model kits to scale with the Robot Damashii Evangelions? Also, do they have decent elbows now?

'Cause if so, these are mine, mine, MINE.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I'll probably stick with unit 13 and 08a for this summer

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 16, 2013 5:43 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I'll probably stick with unit 13 and 08a for this summer

Wait, so someone actually bothered to release an EVA-8a figures? We saw it for 10 seconds at most!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Wait, so someone actually bothered to release an EVA-8a figures? We saw it for 10 seconds at most!
10 seconds=10 pieces of merchandise

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Wait, so someone actually bothered to release an EVA-8a figures? We saw it for 10 seconds at most!

Yes, Revoltech did... (Will in June)

Now I'm waiting for a set of this and a color-corrected Eva 02 to buy it :rolleyes:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 17, 2013 2:40 am

Merchandising truly knows no limits! :lol:

And thanks to that image, now I noticed that the edge of the space shields are of the same color than the EVA it protects, useless detail, but still funny! :D
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 am

So I'm guessing we'll get an official announcement for the Mark 9 toward the end of the month. It'll be nice to see a painted version of the figure and whether it comes with any more accessories besides the sythe, hope so. I have to admit it's the only figure I'm a little worried about, what with it being skinnier than the others, plus the face details are a little hard to see in the prototype images we've seen thus far and I'm concerned the sculpt may lack some detail. It's probably just the pictures, after all Yamaguchi has been on a roll with the last few.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Psychodrake
Embryo

Postby Psychodrake » Fri May 17, 2013 11:30 am

I'd really like to see an RAH Mark 06 to get a better look at that beasty. Such an under developed design...

Or a kitty/beast Unit 02.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 pm

How good are the original Kaiyodo (not Revoltech) Evangelion figures? They certainly LOOK good, but I don't know if they're well made, well articulated, etc...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Fri May 17, 2013 5:42 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:I have to admit it's the only figure I'm a little worried about, what with it being skinnier than the others, plus the face details are a little hard to see in the prototype images we've seen thus far and I'm concerned the sculpt may lack some detail.

Is Mark.09 skinnier than 02y and 08b?

Unfortunately we can already see from the prototype that its eye is painted on rather than a transparent piece like EVA EVO Unit-00. It's a shame because Mark.09 is easily my favorite design from 3.0

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Is Mark.09 skinnier than 02y and 08b?

Clearly : Mark.09 still use the old pre-time skip model of armor which make the EVA look stringy, while 02y and 08b are upgraded with WILLE's EVA armor, far bulkier than the old models.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Clearly : Mark.09 still use the old pre-time skip model of armor which make the EVA look stringy

Mark.09's armor is very different from the pre-time skip armor.
First off it has an extra armor section like the other "evil" Evas (Mark.06, Eva-13).
It's a very different sculpt overall but it also has notches specially for the rocket tentacles.

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Also take note, near the pylons, that Mark.09 is shaded in Black, while Unit-00's is White. Mark.09 is also missing Unit-00's "shoulder pads".

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 18, 2013 4:34 am

I never noticed the slight differences between Unit-00 and Mark.09!

But even with the extra armor section, 09 overall design of the armor is similar to the one of the old EVAs, while with WILLE's EVAs we definitively completely change the armor design with a bulkier version.

PS : I never noticed that Mark.09 armor had recesses in the torso to install the harness for the rocket tentacles, do that mean that it often used it against WILLE? Probably, I don't see it going from the top of the altar to whatever place WILLE is hidden on foot.
Maybe the time with the scythe was actually the first time Asuka and Mari saw it without the crazy jetpack! :D

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Sat May 18, 2013 5:35 am

Rei with Entry Plug
I've always wanted a model of Entry Plug, but seems way too expensive for me for the sake of the plug since I really couldn't care fore the figure itself. There is also Asuka version which is already out. Now expect Mari's, Shinji and Kaoru later?

Made by other company but there are other interesting products.

Nerv Pyramid Humidifier

Unit-00 USB Fan

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat May 18, 2013 7:22 am

For the Mark.09 enthusiasts; it also looks quite snazzy in an NGE Eva-00' blue:

^ Shitty PS job.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat May 18, 2013 9:09 am

More and clearer pics of the Bandai kits from minna no evafan blog

Despite the fact that I already have too many kits and regardless of how these turn out and what will change from the prototype to the final product I can still see myself getting at least one of each because there are terrible terrible ideas I have in mind for them :devil:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat May 18, 2013 9:12 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Despite the fact that I already have too many kits and regardless of how these turn out and what will change from the prototype to the final product I can still see myself getting at least one of each because there are terrible terrible ideas I have in mind for them :devil:

A fan-made FrankenEva? :devil:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”