Evangelion Unit 13 in EoE?!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Dragon Mask
Lilith

[Spoilers] Evangelion Unit 13 in EoE?!

Postby The Dragon Mask » Thu May 09, 2013 12:23 am

When working on my "End of Evangelion Instrumentality project", an attempt to merge EoTV and EoE into one video, I came across this.

It shows just as the MP Evas arrange:
Into this pattern, the same one as shown above with the "Unit 13" picture.

Aoba says something about their AT Fields merging with Unit 01 and Lilith. Theoretically if they are then to be considered one new entity, they could be called the final Evangelion "Unit 13". Just an interesting thing I noticed, as the Evangelion numbering skip in Evangelion 3.0/Q might actually be important then (beside 13 being the unlucky number). The synchronizations of AT Fields is also similar to Kaworu and Shinji's method of entering Terminal Dogma in Q.

The pattern bears more than a passing resemblance. Also, the Entry plugs are labeled with 13α and 13A for Kaworu and Shinji, respectively.

Just as the MP Evas compose parts of a whole "new" Eva, Unit 13, and are designated with Greek lettering. Perhaps the MP Evas were the "Pilots" of this "new Unit 13"?

Please discuss.

PS: Geez this took a while to put together all these pictures, please tell me if they need to be resized, but it will take a while. And thank you to all those who recommended I use Photobucket for my images, it works great! (Only it doesn't work on Opera :tongue:

PPS: Wasn't sure whether this was "new thread" material, but the worst that happens is it gets moved.

PPS: Wow, just noticed that it's just referring to the middle MP Eva, how did I miss that, still it has such a prominent placement, and the pattern is pretty similar...
Last edited by The Dragon Mask on Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 am

:headscratch: What's the mystery/surprise here? The MP Evas are numbered 5 through 13: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 = 9 MP Evas.

If there's any significance it might be that in the Rebuild continuity as well no Eva designation goes higher than 13 either, and as such if we see any other Evas in Final they will either somehow be numbered after the existing numbers or will include the missing units.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Thu May 09, 2013 12:47 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:If there's any significance it might be that in the Rebuild continuity as well no Eva designation goes higher than 13 either, and as such if we see any other Evas in Final they will either somehow be numbered after the existing numbers or will include the missing units.

So we might get Eva-178293.:hahaha:

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

Postby The Dragon Mask » Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah, I'm dumb, I don't know why, but since MP Eva 13 is given the front and center place, I somehow forgot that the MP Evas number up to 13 anyways, so I thought it was showing that they synched their AT Fields to become, with Lilith and Unit 01, one giant collective Evangelion. I thought that in the original continuity it stopped at 12. Man now I feel pretty stupid to go to this effort. :hahaha:

Sorry for building this up to be profound, guess I just forgot how many Evas were in NGE.

PS: Any admins, go ahead and just close this. :facepalm:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”