[LAEM] What would you change?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 am

Kyle wrote:Asuka FANS ABORT NOW,IM SORRY...
IM SO SORRY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

killherselfaftershefoundoutshewaspregnantwithshinjischild.

That hurts. =(

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:47 pm

The change I would make is offering more resolution at the end of the series. Possibly a "one year later" epilogue after 3I. That will PO some hardcore fanboys will will undoubtedly dissagree with the movie writers' interperetation of EoE, but for the sake of the film and it's chances of sitting well with audiences, I think it'd be a good idea.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 pm

I just wouldn't do it.

It wouldn't be too problematic to do the series live action but once you get into the second half you're dealing with scenarios and sitautions that are just too specific to Eva. And man, I could not stand to see some Dakota Fanning like girl as Rei (which would be the case)

And besides, to do a End of Evangelion in live action would require the budget of a James Cameron movie but it has the mentality of a David Lynch film. So if live action happened say bye-bye EOE....it's more of Anno's thing anyway.
Live action would just end with Shinji going mano-y-giant blob thing against Lilith or Adam (neither being a Big Naked Rei)

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kyle » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 pm

@tokpile-I succeded then,my goal was to make you feel emotion.Its a good thing when you can make your audiance feel emotion.

I can make you feel more emotion if you would like...
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:57 pm

Timstuff wrote:The change I would make is offering more resolution at the end of the series. Possibly a "one year later" epilogue after 3I. That will PO some hardcore fanboys will will undoubtedly dissagree with the movie writers' interperetation of EoE, but for the sake of the film and it's chances of sitting well with audiences, I think it'd be a good idea.

I'll agree with that if for no other reason than to tie up some loose ends regarding what happened to humanity after EoE.

Yeah, yeah this thing isn't going to be EoE canon, but if GAINAX is involved, it might be the closest thing to a final closure of the franchise.

Then again, who knows...
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Charlie Kaufman. I think I want him to write it.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Conrad Gray
Adam

Postby Conrad Gray » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:38 pm

More pilots, but to appease all ye purists, they'll all be killed.

Also, they should try to make the whole symbolism and secret plans more coherent and understandable. Stick with confusing viewers with things like what Gendo said to Ritsuko and who really killed Kaji, not with the overall plot.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 am

Overall, I think the movies should be more coherent and less controversial. Granted there should be some elements of ambiguity like the ones Conrad Gray cited, just to make sure people have stuff to talk about (as if they won't already :P) but I think that they should try to make it be slightly less confusing.

I mean, look at what happened with Matrix Revolutions... The Wachowskis thought their ending was brilliant, but the public backlashed against it and the movie ended up going into the red with it's B.O. take. There's really only so far that you can push the mainstream public before you loose them, and like it or not, the keeping mainstream watching is a necessity for big budget films.

That's not to say they'll have to dumb it down totally though. It just means that they'll have to tighten things up and make it less confusing, which IMO would be an improvement anyway.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”