How did you get here?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm

@KnightmareX13 I assume you got to EGF by galleon? :pirate:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:@KnightmareX13 I assume you got to EGF by galleon? :pirate:
Sea turtles mate
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:09 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Sea turtles mate

:headdesk: :headdesk: :headdesk:

HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING???
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:17 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Sea turtles mate

Five stars.

If I recall correctly I was familiar with the site beforehand from /a/, obviously, and I came to the wiki to find some answers. The Theory and Analysis section was where I went, and some of them had links to "Discuss this page on the forum" or something like that. Hell, it might have actually been the Shinji & Asuka's relationship one considering that and the Quantum Rei are the ones that stuck with me the most.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 am

I came here in the process of doing research for a the-rest-of-the-story fanfic. Fun fact: I began it as a spiteful reaction to Bard's Nephilim, and didn't even realize that Bard was the author of it till like a year ago.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 am

I first checked out Evageeks wiki two or three years ago to find more info about "Eva-01 God mode, or Pseudo-evolution," (hence, the reason why my accounts name is what it is.) :shifty:
And, i joined to the forums about month ago because i was bored in the real life. :toothy:
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:its a rebuild thing

Not Rebuild; End of Evangelion originally, making a teeny-tiny appearance in 2.0.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Fun fact: I began it as a spiteful reaction to Bard's Nephilim, and didn't even realize that Bard was the author of it till like a year ago.

:lol:

Well...it's not exactly how I hoped to inspire others to write. Meh, a walk's as good as a hit to me. And TBH, it really is kind of a crappy fic by now. Still have no clue why it's the one that gets the most traffic, though.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:18 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Not Rebuild; End of Evangelion originally, making a teeny-tiny appearance in 2.0.

Where in EoE?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:29 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Where in EoE?

I don't remember seeing it in there either....
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Kaworu06
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kaworu06 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 am

I may be a younger member, but Eva was something that affected me early on. When I was very young, my sister got the platinum set. She watched the whole show in a few days, and so did I. I at first thought it to be a cheap Godzilla Knockoff that made no sense.
Years later, on Deviant Art, I saw fan art of Shogoki. Something felt familiar, so I hopped on the inter-webs.
My search results lead me to a video site that had subbed NGE, and I watched. Something clicked, and I became whole. When I got back to school the next day, I was in love with NGE. I drew NGE, talked about NGE and tried to get my teachers addicted to NGE!
One day, I got into a fight with a guy who claimed to be a NGE expert. Chance is his name. Chance stated that Shinji killed Toji's sister. I went onto google and searched "Eva Wiki". I got addicted. I fed of the wiki, until I heard of a forum...and here is the product!
I also go by:
Sylvi Jenni Annukka Lea Pentti.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 pm

I got here many years ago when I was searching for an explanation of EOE ending after seeing it. Then I forgot about this site---BUT then I returned when the rebuilt movies started being made. And even later (after 2.22), I realized that there is a forum and not just the main page with news lol

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I suppose the inter/forum/news/wiki links could be made a little more prominent.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:49 am

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I suppose the inter/forum/news/wiki links could be made a little more prominent.

I'm thinking bigger and brighter.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”