[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:
SPOILER: Show
5) This is when the "mushroom" toppled sideways after 4th ipact "failed". In the preview where Unit 2+8 battles the Mass Production Evas (they look like Mark.06, as far as I could see in the fact action), in the end Asuka jumps over some mountain or so, and we can see the same view, but there seem to be A.T. Fields on the ground or so (which are not there in Q). The color might be just orange and not violet - I forgot).

Looks like a spaceship. Is this thing the Geofront or inside it? The cap of the Black Moon was blown off at the end of 2.0 so...

EDIT: Yeah, I saw it. Just speculahahing
Last edited by Clover on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Looks like a spaceship. Is this thing the Geofront or inside it? The cap of the Black Moon was blown off at the end of 2.0 so...

It's this weird screw thing that comes out of the ground, as seen in this screenshot: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/577053/SPOILERS-Impact-Mechanics/#577053

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm

View Original PostLiLi wrote:In 2.22 you mean? I think Kaworu at first says 3I, then he adds, it's what lilin call NEAR 3I.

Sorry, I meant 3.0. The 2.0 CRC calls what happened "Near Third Impact" while 3.0 has Kaworu use the term...So Third Impact itself didn't fully happen, right? It was just Near Third Impact?

And Fourth Impact didn't fully happen either, with all this talk of Final Impact and Human Instrumentality Project in the 4.0 Preview?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm

I really wish they'd called these events "x near-impact" rather than "near x-impact". It's pretty clear by this point that a proper impact hasn't happened yet, so their current choice of terminology just makes things needlessly confusing.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Sorry, I meant 3.0. The 2.0 CRC calls what happened "Near Third Impact" while 3.0 has Kaworu use the term...So Third Impact itself didn't fully happen, right? It was just Near Third Impact?

And Fourth Impact didn't fully happen either, with all this talk of Final Impact and Human Instrumentality Project in the 4.0 Preview?

Sorry, I was just making sure you were referring to the "Impact" (or Near Impact) that did (not) happen at the end of 2.22... The terminology is confusing, because IIRC (going off my memory here), at first Kaworu refers to it as 3I and then says, "You Lilin guys call it NEAR 3I"... My impression is that both times the Impact was stopped short of becoming "full blown"... On the other hand, it looks like a couple of "Near Impacts" pretty much messed up the landscape beyond recognition... (I also remember a whole bunch of puny little humans flying up into the sky during Near(??) 4I... but I think the Door of Guf was closed before it became a 'full' Impact, courtesy of Mari & Kaworu...)

Confusing, I know, sorry. :sweatdrop:

I don't know, maybe to Kaworu an Impact is always an Impact, but to the Lilin it is not a proper Impact if it does not wipe them all off the face of the planet completely?

:EDIT: Uuuuh, the "screw thing"... That one had me so baffled, I realized I erased it off my memory after the movie! :lol:

:EDIT~2: To make things more complicated, I just realized they made a Rei figurine on whose box it is written, in big black letters,
EVANGELION 3rd IMPACT (I won it at a sort of lottery called Ichibankuji Evangelion Shingekijouban Ha...).
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Güf Trüp
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Güf Trüp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Was Eva 13 a "true Eva"? Was the fact that it was piloted by the pilots of the only two known true Eva's intentional?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Just a general question but guys do we have an updated detailed plot synopsis of all the events and scenes that take place in 3.0 yet? We had an early version done by Xard, Reichu and a few others earlier but do we have anything more organized thats come out of the woodwork yet?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Err... I'll see what I can do on 3.0's wiki page.

(Been preoccupied with the translation, to be honest. I'll drop a reminder here that anyone else can help out with the wiki anytime~...)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Again, I must implore that someone please try translating this, this
and the first half of this (the latter being here already ) as the already translated parts (like Mitsuishi's and Ishida's interviews) have already proven quite insightful and these are pretty much the only bits of official explanation we currently have.

Asuka's looked particularly interesting with the bits and pieces google translate spat out. Something about her being like a "professional mercenary" now.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I have a question I haven't seen replied anywhere. Do the evas still use power cables in this movie? Is there a difference between the "mark" and normal evas when it comes to that particular thing?

Or did they totally give up on the idea of them depending on external power?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I have a question I haven't seen replied anywhere. Do the evas still use power cables in this movie? Is there a difference between the "mark" and normal evas when it comes to that particular thing?

Or did they totally give up on the idea of them depending on external power?

They have internal batteries, not sure if the technology allows them to last longer than before, but Asuka runs out of batteries during the finale and Mari has to give her new ones. I can't remember if the altercation with Rei's Eva when Shinji was freed had power cables. Most of the fighting outside of that scene was kind of all over the place and lugging cables around really wasn't feasible.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:They have internal batteries, not sure if the technology allows them to last longer than before, but Asuka runs out of batteries during the finale and Mari has to give her new ones. I can't remember if the altercation with Rei's Eva when Shinji was freed had power cables. Most of the fighting outside of that scene was kind of all over the place and lugging cables around really wasn't feasible.

Are the battery packs that the Evas have to lug around in 3.0 more compact than the ones we saw in NGE?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Is there a difference between the "mark" and normal evas when it comes to that particular thing?

Looks like it. I guess the speculation is that the Mark units are surviving Adams, re-purposed into Evangelions:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13603/SPOILERS-Eva-Unit-Formats-and-Name-Meaning-Discussion/

And if that's the case, it explains why they wouldn't need an external power source as they'd have an S² engine, or the Rebuild equivalent of.

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Are the battery packs that the Evas have to lug around in 3.0 more compact than the ones we saw in NGE?

Much more compact.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:And if that's the case, it explains why they wouldn't need an external power source as they'd have an S² engine, or the Rebuild equivalent of.

Yep, that was my hypothesis since the beginning. Mark 6 being excavated from the moon was too obvious. But it would be interesting to know if these units are really energy independents. I think it might be the case, since Mark 6 came all the way from the moon.

I definitely think mark 6 and 9 are surviving Adams. But I do wonder what unit 01 and 13 are. And surprisingly they seem more important than the mark units... It's really confusing.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Jinroh: Use the thread that Blue provided, if you could.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Sorry if this was already asked, but long thread so hard to sift through it all. Are there any shots in 3.0 that show the population, either the world or limited to Japan? Even if it's something like civilians walking through city ruins somewhere or some military shots ala 1.0?

Or are we limited to seeing ruined Nerv HQ and the Wunder? Even with those, there's nothing of remaining(?) Nerv staff members wandering around?

I'm still confused on how damaging the effects of Near Third Impact and (Near??) Fourth Impact were population-wise. I sort of find it hard to believe Gendo and Fuyutsuki can look after the 14 year remains of Nerv HQ (not that there's much to look after, it sounds like) with just 3.0 Rei, Kaworu, and Seele remnants for company--at least Wunder has a crew though they're random civilians and former Nerv members.

Thanks!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Sorry if this was already asked, but long thread so hard to sift through it all. Are there any shots in 3.0 that show the population, either the world or limited to Japan? Even if it's something like civilians walking through city ruins somewhere or some military shots ala 1.0?

Or are we limited to seeing ruined Nerv HQ and the Wunder? Even with those, there's nothing of remaining(?) Nerv staff members wandering around?

I'm still confused on how damaging the effects of Near Third Impact and (Near??) Fourth Impact were population-wise. I sort of find it hard to believe Gendo and Fuyutsuki can look after the 14 year remains of Nerv HQ (not that there's much to look after, it sounds like) with just 3.0 Rei, Kaworu, and Seele remnants for company--at least Wunder has a crew though they're random civilians and former Nerv members.

Thanks!

Currently the theory is that the Geofront was sorta and eye of the storm. Bieng close enough to Unit-01 meant you were in the safe zone. Now I figure somebody else has to be left. After all there isn't any point in Wille having the cover story of wanting to restore the oceans if the only people left are them, Gendo and Fuyitski.

Of couse we could always find out next movie that the supreme head of Wille is Kensuke, and that Shinji didn't even kill anyone in 3I, just messed up Tokyo 3 and the surroundings. Kensuke then spends the next five minutes chewing the Wunders crew out for mishandleing the Shinji situation.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:32 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Sorry if this was already asked, but long thread so hard to sift through it all. Are there any shots in 3.0 that show the population, either the world or limited to Japan? Even if it's something like civilians walking through city ruins somewhere or some military shots ala 1.0?

Nope. We're not shown anyone outside of Wille (Misato, Ritsu et al), Seele, Gendo and Fuyu, and the Eva pilots. A lot of the shots of the old Nerv HQ emphasise just how vacant and empty it is. There's not a single other soul around.

There would have to be other people though, as Darkwing pointed out; the Wille cover story and all. And I doubt it's either Gendo or Fuyutsuki brining Shinji food and a change of clothes. Or maybe it is...

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:42 pm

In one of the trailers isn't the Wille ship surrounded by a bunch of battleships? Is it possible there's a large civilian population living on them? A cover story would still be necessary if there was.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”