Banned for mentioning spoilers?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Replicator
Adam

Banned for mentioning spoilers?

Postby Replicator » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I was banned from the forum for 3 days after I accidentally wrote "W----" on a post in the "Q and Beyond" sub-forum. Does my infraction really deserve to be penalized by a 3-day ban, and I didn't intend to ruin anyone's experience of 3.0, nor was I trying to break forum rules.

Thank you

P.S. I know there's another topic about this right below my post. I apologize for any inconvenience.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 pm

The word in question may be somewhat hidden, but that is where lies the problem. I would assume even a letter of the title just to help those who do know the word still counts as a spoiler. I also believe that there is a strict adherence on bans there (don't quote me, I hardly ever visit Q and Beyond).
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Banned for mentioning spoilers?

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 pm

View Original PostReplicator wrote:I was banned from the forum for 3 days after I accidentally wrote "W----" on a post in the "Q and Beyond" sub-forum.

If it had been "W----" to start with, that would have been okay. But as it was, it counted as a spoiler. One in a thread title could even be visible to people who don't actually go into Q and Beyond (displayed on the main page, comes up in a thread search, etc.), so under a more draconically dutiful observation of the spoiler rules as written, that should have gotten you a week-long ban.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:If it had been "W----" to start with, that would have been okay. But as it was, it counted as a spoiler. One in a thread title could even be visible to people who don't actually go into Q and Beyond (displayed on the main page, comes up in a thread search, etc.), so under a more draconically dutiful observation of the spoiler rules as written, that should have gotten you a week-long ban.

Oh, so the policy for posting it where it's appropriate is "be grateful you didn't get worse"?

That's fucked.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 pm

View Original PostTribblepoo wrote:Oh, so the policy for posting it where it's appropriate is "be grateful you didn't get worse"?

You can be as "grateful" or "ungrateful" or whatever as you want. I was just being matter-of-fact.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:You can be as "grateful" or "ungrateful" or whatever as you want. I was just being matter-of-fact.

For the record...

That's fucked.

So was I.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 pm

That's nice, but just saying "that's fucked" doesn't really help us out in a constructive manner. It's just slinging indignities.

Anyway, we don't need two threads for this. Just the one should serve fine.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”