Losing your head

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Grip_Tight_Thin
Embryo

Losing your head

•      
  •      

Postby Grip_Tight_Thin » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:50 pm

When Asuka was fighting Zerual she lost both her arms. Then she charged him. Moments before it took her head off, Misato cut of the synch ratio to 02. What would have happened if she hadn't? Would Asuka go unconcious or would she start screaming like she did when she got the lance through the eye.

She wouldn't be hurt phsically but would she know the pain....can't really imagine what that would feel like to her
...and now back to my coffin full of absinthe

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:14 pm

She probably would have passed out from the shock of having her brain disconected from her nervous system. Then she probably would have died from her body being "switched off" and that would have been the end of Asuka it seems
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:24 pm

EVA-01X wrote:She probably would have passed out from the shock of having her brain disconected from her nervous system.

That's what i think too.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TheMessiah » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:38 pm

i think something like would happen in the matrik would happen.

to make some sense, the nueral connectors forced the mind to feel everything the eva felt. if the mind thought the head was severed from the rest of the body it would stop pumping blood there etc etc
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:52 pm

she would feel the pain but i dont know about her brain stopping... although the forced desync should have also messed her up...

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:01 pm

Obviously great harm would've came to her, that's why Misato disconnected Eva-02 from Asuka. I think there would have possibly been permanent damage if Asuka had remained connected throughout the entire ordeal. I don't think she would've died.

Crazyman42
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Crazyman42 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:38 pm

I think she would have died. If she is connected to the Evangelion in such a way that her entire nervous system would feel the evangelions pain she would then feel the pain of the Evangelion's death. This would completly shock the nervous system and the stress would kill her. It's kinda like the matrix: Morpheus: The body cannot live without the brain. (that's a quote from the GOOD movie)

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:44 pm

In my humble opinion, if, Asuka would have remained connected to the eva during the severing of eva-02 head. It would have caused her great physical pain. She would have probably went into shock. But I will not go as far as to say the effect of having eva-02 head severed would led to Asuka's immediate death.

Remember, Toji was connected to his eva -03 when eva-01 tore it to pieces. Did Toji's entrails splatter all over the Entry Plug? No, did, Toji feel like his organs were pulled out of him? Yes. Did the slaughtering of eva-03 led to the death of, Toji? No
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Grip_Tight_Thin
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Grip_Tight_Thin » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:57 pm

Abaddon wrote:In my humble opinion, if, Asuka would have remained connected to the eva during the severing of eva-02 head. It would have caused her great physical pain. She would have probably went into shock. But I will not go as far as to say the effect of having eva-02 head severed would led to Asuka’s immediate death.

Remember, Toji was connected to his eva -03 when eva-01 tore it to pieces. Did Toji’s entrails splatter all over the Entry Plug? No, did, Toji feel like his organs were pulled out of him? Yes. Did the slaughtering of eva-03 led to the death of, Toji? No

Good argument.

I think that Asuka would have felt tremendous pain but then would have passed out. If she woke up later in the hospital she probably would have some head problems and need serious examinations.
...and now back to my coffin full of absinthe

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:03 am

Interesting question. The manifestation of wounds is a sketchy buisness. In End of Evangelion, Asuka takes a Lance through the head, and it damages her eye to some degree. Then the Eva gets its entrails turn out, Asuka feels that pain but it doesn't manifest. Then her arm gets split by a lance.

What would have happened? I haven't the foggiest. But I get the feeling given Misato's frantic order to disengage the nervous connections that it would have been a bad thing. It might not have resulted in death, but it might have been life threatening. In fact, even though the connections were severed, she could still be seen clutching at her throat in pain. Or at least so it would seem. Or perhaps Misato wanted her nervous connections severed so that she could be taken out of the fight, as she wouldn't give up, and engaging Zereul may have resulted in death. After all, if Unit 02 was immobilized, it would no longer be a threat or concern to the Angel.

Abaddon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:19 am

The eva to pilot relationship can be hard to understand

I would surmise that the reason Asuka suffered real wounds in EoE was due to her hight synch ratio at the time. It could be that if Asuka would been connected to the eva at the time eva-02 suffered decapitation it would have caused her great pain, but not death as would be the case if her synch ratio would have been over 100% at the time.

I don't know what synch ratio, Toji was at the time of eva-03 savage death, but if it was over 300% it could have ended his life. It couldn't have been that high, but it was sufficient to pass the borderline.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:08 pm

Abaddon wrote:I would surmise that the reason Asuka suffered real wounds in EoE was due to her hight synch ratio at the time.

If that is true then why was she not guted also

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:16 pm

aranami wrote:
Abaddon wrote:I would surmise that the reason Asuka suffered real wounds in EoE was due to her hight synch ratio at the time.

If that is true then why was she not guted

That's a good question.

KaworuNagisa17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KaworuNagisa17 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:45 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
aranami wrote:

If that is true then why was she not guted

That's a good question.

Yeah....blood poured from her eye...her arm split in half...but her stomach wasn't ripped open....hmm.
Is Gendo Ikari gonna have to choke a bitch??

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:13 pm

She doesn't get gutted, because at that point, her Eva had powered down. She wasn't fully synched to it. You know how there's several stages to synching to an Eva? At that point she was only passively linked to the Eva. Then she forces the Unit to power up and synche with her, thats how her arm gets split, because she returns to being at synche with the Eva.

kosure
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kosure » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:14 pm

The thing about Asuka in EoE is that she was hit by the lance. I agree with all EM's sync ratio stuff, but in addition, the lance has some not-entirely-normal properties. I think its entirely possible that diffrent things happen physically to a pilot impaled by the lance, than say, a really strong piece of rebar... (if rebar could get through an evas shielding, which it couldn't, i know.)
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:09 pm

hmm..i always thought that the wounds were mental images that she herself created...

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:57 am

sadsadshinji wrote:hmm..i always thought that the wounds were mental images that she herself created...

That could be. One of the explanations for stigmata is that it is caused by the mind
"Immortality! Take it! It's yours!"

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:08 am

sadsadshinji wrote:hmm..i always thought that the wounds were mental images that she herself created...

Good point.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”