"Banned"

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Is always a retarded policy.

Deal with it. I for one don't want you fuckers spoiling the movie for me.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 am

People are weird, there are people who don't care about knowing the entire plot of the movie beforehand, and there are also the hardcore spoilerphobics who will rage at the very revelation of a new character's eye color. It's hard to accomodate everyone, but I imagine there's a significant portion of the forum who wishes to remain unspoiled, and thus the mods have to work to protect the vulnerable mass.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:You posted a spoiler (i.e., information not revealed in the materials that we'd OKed, of the sort that the Unsullied would want to be avoiding), and that was that. If you're going to be angry, don't be angry at us.

I think I just came up with a possible custom title for myself, if I ever become worthy of that honor. :lol:

@NemZ But in that case, you're not ascribing a name to a specific character that we already know about; you're just mentioning that a character with that name appears. In the case that got you banned, I'm assuming you revealed the name of one of the "mysterious" characters we saw in the trailers. That is in fact a kind of spoiler I'd like to avoid. Call me uptight all you want; I've made my choice. Again, it's not like the mods are prohibiting you from talking about the movies at all: they're just requesting that you confine those conversations to a specific area of the forum. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

@A.T. Fish I don't think I'll ever get to that point, but you never know. Spoiler-phobia can be a nasty beast to deal with.
Last edited by riffraff11235 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Yeah, for this: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/574964/Minimizing-the-mess-READ-THIS/#574964

I got a week for "bickering" with CJD when we were on-topic and heeding spoiler protocols. It was irritating, particularly since we abided by warnings posted in those threads. The fact I was the only one who got banned made it even more noisome.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I got a week for "bickering" with CJD when we were on-topic and heeding spoiler protocols. It was irritating, particularly since we abided by warnings posted in those threads. The fact I was the only one who got banned made it even more noisome.

Wait, you got banned for a week and I didn't? We bicker so much that I don't know which one you're referring to but if you got banned and I didn't that's kind of whack, yo.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

I explained Bagheera's ban to him by PM. Not accepting the explanation, as he seems to be doing here, is his choice. (The punishment was tailored specifically to his history, CJD. Don't say it's "whack" when you don't know all the details.)

And unlike most folks recently, he was only banned from the Rebuild subforum, not the entire place. So, yeah...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I explained Bagheera's ban to him by PM. Not accepting the explanation, as he seems to be doing here, is his choice. (The punishment was tailored specifically to his history, CJD. Don't say it's "whack" when you don't know all the details.)

I know the details, and I think it's whack. It was arbitrary, excessive, ill-timed, and unevenly applied. But of course I knew there was no sense arguing about it so I didn't bother; I only mention it here because someone else brought it up and it's one more data point.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 am

As I've come to understand it, 90% of forum users never, ever deserve even the most paltry of punishments, under any circumstances. Funny thing, that...

You've got your "data points", and we've got ours. Hope you can stay chill this time.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:40 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:There are people who would take umbrage at that being revealed, yes.

If there actually are people operating at this level of infophobia I honestly don't give a fuck if I offend them. Such nonsense deserves to be punished.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Such nonsense deserves to be punished.

A little three-day ban for being a tad loose with the phalanges, and you think you're an Internet vigilante? That's precious.

I think this thread is done.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”