AAA Wunder

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Figured out that one of Ritsuko's lines got parsed wrong and partly butchered the meaning of what she said. Once fixed, we get something very interesting...

01:20:46 The Adams' Vessel... Wunder's original master!
01:20:48 It intends to take the ship's controls back from Eva-01!

Nadia strikes again! The Wunder is like a hybrid between Red Noah (one of the arks of the Atlanteans) and the New Nautilus (with whom it shares its theme music, gruff captain and blond XO). But, really...sending Adams to new worlds using floating alien battleships isn't remotely as cool as placing a Seed of Life in a gargantuan artificial Moon and chucking it at a new world.

(Reichu: Keikaku dori, indeed. :emogendo: )

EDIT: By the way, one of shots with the new trailer (with Maya in it) has a pipe labeled "LCL".
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Brutalman
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Brutalman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 am

Lillith's Black Moon still seems to exist since it formed the Geofront.

On the other hand has the White Moon ever been mentioned in Rebuild? There's a giant black sphere that appears over Antarctica during the Second Impact flashback in 2.22 but it seems to be changing size rapidly during the whole sequence.

Perhaps in Rebuild canon the Katsuragi Expedition found Wunder in Antarctica. And released/reactivated the Adams who were once it's crew or it's payload?
Not exactly a gentleman.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to post this bit. When Mark.09 is hax0ring (or something like that) into Wunder, Ritsuko says, "The Adams' Vessel... It intends to take Wunder's controls back from Eva-01, the ship's primary master!" Boy... Those lines are classic Eva-style economy of information at work, right there.

(Don't let this thread get distracted with what "Adams' Vessel" means. I'm being nice for providing the warning!)

Considering the Wunder looks like it's built on the back of an angel corpse, what if the real point is that whatever is unleashed in mk9 is the soul of the angel they built it from... perhaps mk9 itself is that angel's core reformed into a new shape?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 pm

I agree with the impression that the Wunder looks rather biologically composed in certain areas, rather than mechanically. The skeletal-like structures on the underside do hint at biological origins, at least, which gives me the impression that it has been, in part, perhaps, salvaged or taken from an angel. Of course, as we know, the act of humans taking and using angelic bodies, components and properties is not a new occurrence. We see this in both NGE and NME.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:54 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Just looking back over the trailers, spotted this shot of Wunder ramming Eva-13(?) and firing at it point blank.
SPOILER: Show
I have no idea how this situation could come up since from what it sounds like, Eva-13 just goes from wherever it is in Nerv HQ down to Terminal Dogma; not sure how the Wunder could fit down there. Maybe it was misreported, and Wunder is actually firing on Mark-09?

That is indeed Evangelion 13. When Fourth Impact begins, it starts rising rapidly into the sky just like GNR in EOE.

Also, this talk of the Wunder being the spaceship (or White Moon equivalent) the Adams used to get to Earth would explain a few things. It's design for one...

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Just wanted to run this by having examined the crude 13 minute camrip:

Are we sure Wunder's wings explode blood, or are those vertical sprays of 'blood' just the Nemesis series grabbing hold of the ship's wings?

EDIT

Not sure if this belongs here or in the 'W---- People' thread or whatnot, but what purpose does Wunder serve (beyond plot)? It can't be solely for taking down NERV - the JDSSF showed how easily that could be done in EoE and that was when NERV was fully staffed and the Geofront's cap had not been breached. With two EVAs and a sizable fleet of warships, Wille should have been able to take out Gendo's shoestring operation with no trouble.

In short, Misato/Ritsuko/Persons Unknown must have plans for Wunder and Wille beyond simply putting the royal smackdown on NERV. Why else raise an army and build/modify/recover the immense star/space/airship?
Does the bus run through here!?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

View Original PostTB3 wrote:Are we sure Wunder's wings explode blood, or are those vertical sprays of 'blood' just the Nemesis series grabbing hold of the ship's wings?

It looks like the long black things that spring up from below are parts from the Nemesis Series, and this latch-on attack damages the ship and makes it both bleed and explode.

Obnoxious animation with most relevant parts slowed down:

SPOILER: Show
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

From that angle, the organic parts of the Wunder look like a human sperm cell. Squick.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Hope we find out more about where the Wunder came from. Seems like if we do we'll find out a lot more about the origins of the angels, and Adam's vessels.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:From that angle, the organic parts of the Wunder look like a human sperm cell. Squick.

To boldly fertilize planets that no giant humanoids have fertilized before!

Soon as you mention "sperm cell", I immediately think about how the Black Moon was called "Lilith's Egg" in NGE. Subsequently, I get terrible thoughts about Adam(s) possibly being given a more symbolically "manly" carrier for this iteration.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Subsequently, I get terrible thoughts about Adam(s) possibly being given a more symbolically "manly" carrier for this iteration.

I was about to post the same thing, and then decided to take a look at the shape of a Spermatozoon. No doubt about it, that's what Wunder is. A spermatozoon-shaped carrier for Adams.

This does have its repercussions for Impact Mechanics too, but I'll bring that up in the appropriate thread.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 pm

So if you apply this to the end of 2.0 that means that if Shinji gets lucky, the world ends!

If you excuse me this conversation is making me laugh my ass off. I'll be back in few minutes.

PS- Lets hope that they keep the Wunder away from Giant Naked Rei, if she shows up.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

TheDrmcvey
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TheDrmcvey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

I'm starting to think that the ship was designed from Shamshel, the 2nd angel Shinji fought in 1.0.
Eva Rebirth

Alpha
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Alpha » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 am

I find that unlikely, as Shamshel exploded in a burst of red goo after its defeat.
This is what nature planned. This is nature's sacrifice.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 am

View Original PostAlpha wrote:I find that unlikely, as Shamshel exploded in a burst of red goo after its defeat.

But the tentacles were still left!

But I think that it's way more likely that things like the Wunder and the mechanical angels fought throughout Q are the ultimately result of the Marduk project. - i.e., what they were doing in Bethany base.
You know, that project which Gendo wanted to slow down so much, thus having Kaji blow the Place up? How about he didn't want SEELE having their playthings ready before he had his own awakened EVA?
There were mentions of the 3rd Angel getting mechanical addons, some of them entry-plug-like.

The Wunder looks somewhat like the 3rd Angel with those ribs, and the bridge has an entry-plug-like structure and tubes labeled "LCL".
Also, a line from when the SEELE-controlled MK-9 attacks them/tries to hack them ("The Wunder's original master!") implies that it was something SEELE had built, like the mechanical angels...

Misato & co probably just stole it in some action involving tons of badass gunfighting and panicky Kitakami getting told to use her gun by Maya of all people and all original bridge-bunnies kicking unexpected amounts of ass.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Also, a line from when the SEELE-controlled MK-9 attacks them/tries to hack them ("The Wunder's original master!") implies that it was something SEELE had built, like the mechanical angels...

Seele couldn't build the non-mechanical parts of the Wunder, which is, in any case, a Wille creation. The Mark.09 is implied to be the master of the original, organic vessel (The spermatozoon-shaped Angel body) that the mechanical parts of the battleship are built upon.

Shamshel blew up in a haze of red goo, and Wunder doesn't have its tentacles. No relation between the two.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

How about whoever built them build them pretty much the same way as the non-mechanical parts of an EVA?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

TB3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TB3 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Misato & co probably just stole it in some action involving tons of badass gunfighting and panicky Kitakami getting told to use her gun by Maya of all people and all original bridge-bunnies kicking unexpected amounts of ass.

This. So much. Someone, make it happen!
Does the bus run through here!?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 am

We don't even know how the Evas are built - and the Mark.06 and Mark.09 seem to be converted from pre-existing Adams. It's worth mentioning that Mark.09 was an Adam and Wunder's original master. Wunder looks so much like an Angel that it was probably grown rather than built - and since Wille can't even regenerate Evas and Nerv and Seele don't use anything else remotely like Wunder, the only people who could have built it were those who created the original Adams.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”