NewType fantasy-cast poll for Live-Action Eva

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Count A'ight
Banned

Postby Count A'ight » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:52 pm

I DEMAND PICTURES
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:57 pm

There were pics, but someone decided to hotlink them and it was modded. After that, said person decided not to put the pics up the correct way. Which bring us to here.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

V
Banned

Re: NewType fantasy-cast poll for Live-Action Eva

Postby V » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:59 am

V wrote:No hotlinking images. Please use an image host like imageshack or photobucket.

Photobucket would allow my movements to be tracked, so I prefer not to use it.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Furu
Adam

Postby Furu » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:03 pm

V wrote:

Riiiiiight.

The cast looks okay. Hell, I'm even okay with Nakagawa as Asuka since if there's one thing we've learned it's Japan doesn't really care about nationality in live-action projects, though Gendo is indeed dirt old and definitely inappropriate.

And now I want to go watch Kamen Rider Kuuga again. Damn.
Insert Block of Text here.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:22 pm

V wrote:
V wrote:No hotlinking images. Please use an image host like imageshack or photobucket.

What about Imageshack? Sure, Photobucket is nicer client-wise, but is that problem true for both?

Or maybe you can use this. No registration required at all. I personally don't trust it, but it exists.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

V wrote:Photobucket would allow my movements to be tracked

Using the Internet allows your movements to be tracked.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

V
Banned

Postby V » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:53 pm

you always assume that there is only one "Codename V"....
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Furu
Adam

Postby Furu » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:01 pm

Make up an email address or something and register for Photobucket with that. You won't be Codename V you'll be....Djmankowitz or something.
Insert Block of Text here.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:03 pm

V wrote:you always assume that there is only one "Codename V"....

Codename V is not a hikkikomori.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby thewayneiac » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:42 pm

V wrote:Photobucket would allow my movements to be tracked, so I prefer not to use it.

You sound like Zuggy. It's not Reichu, Tines and Soluzar who are tracking your movements, is it?
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Deathmask
Lilith

Postby Deathmask » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

V wrote:Photobucket would allow my movements to be tracked, so I prefer not to use it.

Do you think you're Solid Snake or something? Just upload it to Imageshack and save us all trouble.
<X> i dropped my book for this conversation
<ZapalacX> i dropped my pants for this conversation
<Anti> I wasn't serious.
<ZapalacX> i was
<ZapalacX> i'm not even joking
<ZapalacX> look at my face
<ZapalacX> :|

Angel of Will
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Angel of Will » Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Asuka needs to be white, or no cigar! I was already kind of 'hrmph' when live action L was clearly asian, when in the manga, his ethnic background is supposed to be vague. (The author imagines him being british/italian/Japanese/russian). I get the whole 'we need to use big local actors' thing, but it still frustrates me a little. The 2 movies themselves were pretty good- the third movie was garbage, the only redeeming thing about it was the well-written spin-off novel. They should have just done the movie based off of that.

On the other hand, we all know the same problem exists in Hollowood... Though I was like the only one not frustrated when ALIEN Goku wasn't cast as asian. But hey, I had more than enough frustration when the whole damn movie ended up being needlessly HORRIBLE.
"Reality exists in a place unknown, and dreams exist within reality. And Truth lies in your heart."

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Asuka needs to look European. That's the whole point. I was watching War Horse for the second time a few days ago and started thinking that the little red-haired girl in that could be Asuka when she gets a bit older.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Akujin
Embryo

Postby Akujin » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 pm

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:Asuka needs to look European.

True though my pick would certainly be Chloe Grace Moretz for that part. Not only has she got the looks, age and size but she's a good actress too, just look at her part in Kick Ass or Let me In.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOO-Z889KKE

And speaking of western actors, since it's Hollywoodland here, one should expect Tokyo-3 to be replaced by Manhattan-3 or something like that really :D
If heaven is for good people, then it's empty. - l0cke.

TB3
Adam

Postby TB3 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:03 pm

If we're talking a 'restrained' Hollywood English-language Eva adaptation - which keeps the original setting and does not court Last Airbender's 'racebending' controversy, then the film needs a few major actors that Westerners would recognise to anchor the film, but without screwing with the requirement to cast ethnic Japanese in the majority of roles.

Akujin, your suggestion of CGM as Asuka is, consequently, genius - she's a rising talent and already has a recognised pool of work.

Finding a suitable cast though might require pushing the timeline around a bit - moving 2I back to more than fifteen years ago to allow for a slightly older cast.

Just to toss an idea in however, why not Ken Watanabe as Gendo (or, alternatively, Fuyutski) - solid actor who can do nuance, fluent in English and Japanese, recognised outside of his own country.

My brother also pointed out that Robin Williams (yes, that Robin Williams) is a Evangelion fan, and would actually work pretty well in the role of Lorenz Keel - it's in a sense a bit part, but full of meaty material, and Williams has already shown he needs more dramatic roles to highlight his talents outside of mugging for the camera (and if he wants to mug, he could always be the motion-capture performer for Pen Pen!).

Running on this, Seele could become an 'Evil Council of Awesome', with recognised foreign talent playing the various representatives (Jean Reno would be my fantasy choice for the French member!)
Does the bus run through here!?

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Shoko would make such a bad Asuka. I just don't really like her at all.

I don't know any of the other actors, heh.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”